95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Years ago after the Columbine shooting I had a conversation with a neighbor who was in school administration about guns. he said he didn't want teachers in his school to carry guns, I pointed out that there wasn't anything wrong with this but felt that it should not be shouted over the media, because then someone wanting to shoot up a school would simply start with the teacher. Someone should have a gun, but that info should be limited.

I'm betting the element of surprise worked in the good Samaritan's favor, and as the old phrase goes, he "got the drop" on the bad guy. A bad guy in this instance can't see everybody or behind especially. While considered unfair in the old west, capping someone in the back was common. Sadly I suspect mass shooters will change tactics in time.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

This is why I like zerohedge(among the reasons). Not only did they report it fairly well with video of the sheriff,but showed how the left did not even mention how the shooting was stopped in any of their headlines.

I do not see Indiana mentioned often on zerohedge,but when it is usually it is in a positive light.

Last edited:

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    A bit off off the OP topic but speaking of local news... Watched the WTHR morning news video with Julia Moffitt... And I ask this respectfully, has she had a stroke or something? I haven't watched local news in a few years but something has changed with her besides aging gracefully.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Years ago after the Columbine shooting I had a conversation with a neighbor who was in school administration about guns. he said he didn't want teachers in his school to carry guns, I pointed out that there wasn't anything wrong with this but felt that it should not be shouted over the media, because then someone wanting to shoot up a school would simply start with the teacher. Someone should have a gun, but that info should be limited.

I'm betting the element of surprise worked in the good Samaritan's favor, and as the old phrase goes, he "got the drop" on the bad guy. A bad guy in this instance can't see everybody or behind especially. While considered unfair in the old west, capping someone in the back was common. Sadly I suspect mass shooters will change tactics in time.
    There's two outcomes in a shootout. You win or you die. My dad always taught me that you avoid the fight if you can, but if you can't there is no "fair fight", only fighting to win. I don't care if he shot him in the back, nuts, sucker punched first or what.... stop the threat.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I haven't watched WRTV news in years I guess? Got a reminder why when, after watching the shooter description, the pretty news anchor that has gotten old went right into highlighting that the good Samaritan was breaking Simon's rules, while saving the lives of others. :xmad:

She also referenced "Indiana's open carry law". Indiana, of course, has no such law. But why should I expect accuracy from a talking head?

Top Bottom