• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I have disgust for those trying (and succeeding) in preventing them from getting the medical care they need. It is cruel and disgusting. Worse than hate.
    I have disgust for those pushing this insane b.s. For the adherents, it's one of two things: an unfathomable level of gullibility and stupidity, or heinous evil.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Unlike the people that can't support their position who try changing the topic word choice? I'd have a lot more respect for some of you if you just admitted your bias.

Oh, and where is ingomike worried about name calling now? I'm not "a leftist", I'm just sad about what the extreme fringe of the right has turned into.
    Oh the irony. It's so deep, we can swim in it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have disgust for those trying (and succeeding) in preventing them from getting the medical care they need. It is cruel and disgusting. Worse than hate.
    I have disgust for ideologues claiming that these kids need the specific care that will alter their lives forever. It’s a drastic action to take given the young age. Other countries have stopped doing it because they’ve found it doesn’t really impact the suicide rate and many of these kids just tirn out simply to be gay. And later come to integrate their identity with their biology.

Once they do this surgery there is no going back. This is not a decision that should be made at that age.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think it is smaller for sure. But they do exist and I will not support denying them care.
    Performing plastic surgery on them is not 'needed care', they are and would continue to be physically healthy without it

And suicide is a form of blackmail, an attempt to control the actions of others. 'If you don't do what I want then I'll kill myself'

To claim a need to give in to their unhealthy mental state by making them physically unhealthy is about aa far from 'do no harm' as you can get

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I think there are people that are mis-diagnosed, but let's be perfectly clear, that's not what I think you are saying. I think you are just denying their existence period, and I think that attitude is harming children. One reason there are a lot more for example, is because, for the time being, society has slipped out from under the boot of superstitious thugs. It sounds to me like saying "how come there weren't interracial marriages before the late 1960's?" The answer is the same: because it wasn't allowed....

As for part 2, as far as I understand, that is incorrect. If you really want to learn, here is a good article on the subject. I suspect however that for whatever reason, whatever is driving your apparent irrational hate will win, and you won't read it.

The author of that blog post spells his first name Simon(e) as he is a "transgender nonbinary woman," hardly unbiased on this matter. Of course, it's fashionable these days to say that because we can never been 100% impartial, we shouldn't even try. And putting in efforts to be impartial doesn't count as "doing the work." While Scientific American used to be a great source of science for the general population, it and Nature, and other formerly science-first publications have been taken over by ideology that undermines doing actual scientific work. Scientists should science, politicians should politic, and well, you get the point.

The argument of "if you don't have a perfect answer for classifying intersex persons means you hate transgendered people" is nonsensical.

Without delving into statistical distributions and multi-dimensional spaces (which would be a hoot but I don't have that kind of time), the fact that demanding a single measure to perfectly classify all persons is a fool's errand.

Chromosomes are great because they classify, what, 99.8% of human beings without issue? But they aren't everything. Rather than repeat myself, I guess I'll just point to this post in the Insane Social Justice Thread:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/th...ice-thread-pt-iv.483909/page-236#post-9548111
    and the related biologist's take on this topic:

With respect to the interracial marriage comment and how transgendered kids are out now because it's allowed, it's much more likely that the vast majority of this is more fashion than reality (see for instance, the Tik Tok video in the post above this - Pride Week is not some sort of jamboree at that school, who doesn't want to be represented on the cool flag everyone is talking about?). Back before the affirmation-first model, about 85% of transgendered kids reverse-transitioned to non-transgendered be adulthood. It also doesn't explain why adolescent girls, who historically have very little representation in the transgendered subset of the population, have exploded in the people who claim to be transgendered. More on this below. (Also, the word claim might very well be the accurate word here as describing oneself as bisexual can apply to people who've not to much as French-kissed another, any other, person: https://www.nationalreview.com/2023...-americans-actually-lgbtq-etc-dont-bet-on-it/)

There are some things that are just opposite interpretations of the same data:
    We're told that this is life-saving care, but the suicide rate of transgendered persons doesn't seem greatly affected pre-/post-medical transition. Advocates of surgeries and puberty blockers/cross-sex hormones blame societal factors. Those of us on the other side find this far more suggesting of an particularly vulnerable group of adolescents in need of help and learning to cope with the general awkwardness of puberty. This vulnerable group interpretation does seem to explain quite a bit; when I was in high school, cutting and bulimia affected many teenage girls, these days it seems to be the various flavors of LGBTQIA+ . In particular, much of the gigantic uptick in transgenderism in young people is among girls, which is historically very strange. A naive assumption is that that inclusivity would increase the fraction of young people who identify as transgender, but that the ratio of men to women would resemble the same number through time. Since women are typically and traditionally far more accepting of same-sex sexual encounters than men, if anything we would expect the number of men relative to the number of women identifying this was as a number that would be increasing with additional inclusivity, but we see the number of girls/women transitioning increasing with respect to men, and an order of magnitude larger number of younger people transitioning than in older cohorts:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/about-an-hour-on-the-transgender-movement.507900/

I understand the urge to try to demonstrate that you're one of the good people, who wouldn't be one of those terrible bigots. (Though, if you hate religious people as much as you seem to, you'd still be quite literally a bigot, but hey, as long as you only hate those bad Bible-thumpers. They're you,know, really evil and stuff.) I understand the temptation to feel that the people who disagree with you maybe just don't care about the well-being of others. Painting the people who disagree with you as hateful/beyond reproach is neither helpful in convincing others nor does it allow you to see the irreversible risks against the vast majority of the young and vulnerable people who you're claiming to defend.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Performing plastic surgery on them is not 'needed care', they are and would continue to be physically healthy without it

And suicide is a form of blackmail, an attempt to control the actions of others. 'If you don't do what I want then I'll kill myself'

To claim a need to give in to their unhealthy mental state by making them physically unhealthy is about aa far from 'do no harm' as you can get
    And the threat of suicide is "groomed" in by ideologues to convince children that normal people are against them, and are trying to kill them. And many of whom aren't even trans.

I have few doubts that the Nashville shooter was legitimately a trans person. But I strongly suspect that she was radicalized at some point by nutty ideologues.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My 8th grade math teacher told us he was building a geodesic dome home. So I guess that was kinda personal. But then he went on to talk about the math of geodomes. What he didn’t do is wear women’s cloths and tell us about his sexual identity.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We’re rapidly approaching a point where we’ll no longer be able to share a country with each other. Banning books is bad. Making sure books our kids have access to are age appropriate is not book-banning. If we can’t agree on this we need a national divorce.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We’re rapidly approaching a point where we’ll no longer be able to share a country with each other. Banning books is bad. Making sure books our kids have access to are age appropriate is not book-banning. If we can’t agree on this we need a national divorce.
    No. IMO it is wrong to assume that they would leave us alone even if we could pull off such a divorce. They have shown that they will not tolerate any shred of heterodoxy existing anywhere they can reach. Peace is no longer an option,

Top Bottom