• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I think there are people that are mis-diagnosed, but let's be perfectly clear, that's not what I think you are saying. I think you are just denying their existence period, and I think that attitude is harming children. One reason there are a lot more for example, is because, for the time being, society has slipped out from under the boot of superstitious thugs. It sounds to me like saying "how come there weren't interracial marriages before the late 1960's?" The answer is the same: because it wasn't allowed....

As for part 2, as far as I understand, that is incorrect. If you really want to learn, here is a good article on the subject. I suspect however that for whatever reason, whatever is driving your apparent irrational hate will win, and you won't read it.

Typical leftist tactic, if someone disagrees with you just label it as 'hate' lol.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think there are people that are mis-diagnosed, but let's be perfectly clear, that's not what I think you are saying. I think you are just denying their existence period, and I think that attitude is harming children. One reason there are a lot more for example, is because, for the time being, society has slipped out from under the boot of superstitious thugs. It sounds to me like saying "how come there weren't interracial marriages before the late 1960's?" The answer is the same: because it wasn't allowed....
    I think you're probably taking a stab here at religion. But this has nothing to do with that. I'm not a religious person myself. I think I have a pretty good understanding of the issue. I have no animosity towards people with gender dysphoria. I don't deny their existence. But in terms of explaining the explosion of people's perceived "genders" over the past 10 or so years, that's not the same thing as gender dysphoria. That **** is made up ideological nonsense.

As for part 2, as far as I understand, that is incorrect. If you really want to learn, here is a good article on the subject. I suspect however that for whatever reason, whatever is driving your apparent irrational hate will win, and you won't read it.
    What makes you think you're not the irrational one? Have you considered that it's not the people who disagree with you that's full of ****?

That scientific American article is not science if it's mixing in ideology. I'll read it when I have time. But if it supports the nutty ideas floated by queer therory, then it's ideology masking real ass science. As far as binaries go, are you talking about sex, or are you talking about gender? Nevertheless, if gender, that's a spectrum with binary ends. Masculine and feminine. If Sex, it's a binary, not a spectrum. There's male and female. Males have penises, females have vaginas. There is also "intersex", but that is a birth defect.

What we're talking about here really is identity. Identity isn't really involved in being physically male or female. It's how you feel about yourself. People with gender dysphoria are in a state of mind where they feel discordant with their sex.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have no hatred towards individuals that have been misled by their peers or their parents. I have disgust for those that are misleading them.

And from your article, this is perhaps the most true statement (emphasis mine):
    "The fact is, behavior and environment—like cultural gender norms and expectations—influence sex-related hormones, and the biology of the body and brain itself."

That is the influence of social media that I was talking about. They're being bombarded, not just online, but by their activist teachers and parents. It's not healthy. Once they are at least 18, or even better, 25, when brain development is complete, then they can make these decisions on their own if they still want to. At 5 years old, or even barely pubescent, they simply don't have the wherewithal to make those decisions.

I hear people say "you're denying their existence" and "you're killing trans people" a lot. And it's true, a lot more people are identifying as trans. And they many of them are suicidal, whether they're actually gender dysphoric or not. The ones who are legitimately gender dysphoric isn't what I'm talking about here, so I'm just saying this about the others. Social media is indeed brainwashing these kids, as well as many teachers and people of some authority in their lives.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A little info about "Scientific American"... now it's becoming clearer... :rolleyes:

"An editorial in the September 2016 issue of Scientific American attacked U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump for "anti-science" attitudes and rhetoric. This marked the first time that the publication forayed into commenting on U.S. presidential politics.[42]"

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I hear people say "you're denying their existence" and "you're killing trans people" a lot. And it's true, a lot more people are identifying as trans. And they many of them are suicidal, whether they're actually gender dysphoric or not. The ones who are legitimately gender dysphoric isn't what I'm talking about here, so I'm just saying this about the others. Social media is indeed brainwashing these kids, as well as many teachers and people of some authority in their lives.
    Exactly. I'm not denying their existence. I'm saying the existence of people with actual gender dysphoria is infinitesimally smaller than what is being claimed.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This would be an interesting study. The premise: Many young people are experiencing gender dysphoria. Therefore, the frequency with which it occurs should be spread equally across all children if it's truly biological.

The experiment: Determine through polling or interviews or other methods, the percentage of children experiencing gender dysphoria across multiple countries and cultures, to include those with and without widespread internet access.

My hypothesis: Those countries and cultures without widespread internet access would experience a much lower percentage of children with gender dysphoria (real or imagined).

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Typical leftist tactic, if someone disagrees with you just label it as 'hate' lol.

Unlike the people that can't support their position who try changing the topic word choice? I'd have a lot more respect for some of you if you just admitted your bias.

Oh, and where is ingomike worried about name calling now? I'm not "a leftist", I'm just sad about what the extreme fringe of the right has turned into.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, that 'gender affirming care' must really cut down on suicides.

Hey, you're only 8. You can totally decide to make life altering decisions.

Unless it's alcohol.
    Or tatoos
    Or guns
    Or voting
    Or signing a valid legal document
    Or joining the military
    Or drive a car
    Or drive a semi-truck
    Hey. That “science” that was posted seemed to support the idea that transgender brains are more similar to the that of the opposite cis gender. Maybe they can develop a brain scan to determine the sex the person’s brain will eventually determine they are. Then cut out all the trauma infants feel being trapped in the wrong body. Just cut all the wrong parts off shortly after birth. Problem solved.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Exactly. I'm not denying their existence. I'm saying the existence of people with actual gender dysphoria is infinitesimally smaller than what is being claimed.
    I think it is smaller for sure. But they do exist and I will not support denying them care.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Unlike the people that can't support their position who try changing the topic word choice? I'd have a lot more respect for some of you if you just admitted your bias.

Oh, and where is ingomike worried about name calling now? I'm not "a leftist", I'm just sad about what the extreme fringe of the right has turned into.
    Well, I think it’s not the extreme fringe right. It’s normal people recognizing nonsense when they see it.

Top Bottom