• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Shot one this weekend, that juice isn't worth the squeeze.. Like at all. Slide Crack seems more than isolated, the extractors breaking,...

The tx22 is better, by a mile. I carry a glock, I shot them in my uspsa kick, I like glocks, but this thing just isn't very good compared to its competition.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200127-002230_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20200127-002230_Chrome.jpg
      209.2 KB · Views: 25
    Last edited:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Shot one this weekend, that juice isn't worth the squeeze.. Like at all. Slide Crack seems more than isolated, the extractors breaking,...

The tx22 is better, by a mile. I carry a glock, I shot them in my uspsa kick, I like glocks, but this thing just isn't very good compared to its competition.

Better how?

Cracked slides? Yep the Tx22 has had that issue.
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/...tx22-cracked-slide.html#/topics/416331?page=1

Recoil spring wearing on the slide? Yep, it has that too.
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/...-tx-22-1-000-rounds-later.html#/topics/417777

So better by a mile? Not really. More like par for the course.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Better how?

Cracked slides? Yep the Tx22 has had that issue.
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/...tx22-cracked-slide.html#/topics/416331?page=1

Recoil spring wearing on the slide? Yep, it has that too.
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/...-tx-22-1-000-rounds-later.html#/topics/417777

So better by a mile? Not really. More like par for the course.

17rds, factory threaded, cheaper by 100, better trigger, slimmer grip,... By a mile. There is zero excuses for releases another low cap 22 made out of plastic for nearly 400 dollars. I put 100 rds through the glock. It's not an impressive piece in any way. It has the same shape and trigger as a g19... That is all it has going for it. 10rd mags at 400 nah

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    17rds, factory threaded, cheaper by 100, better trigger, slimmer grip,... By a mile. There is zero excuses for releases another low cap 22 made out of plastic for nearly 400 dollars. I put 100 rds through the glock. It's not an impressive piece in any way. It has the same shape and trigger as a g19... That is all it has going for it. 10rd mags at 400 nah

I agree with you about the threaded barrel from the factory. The 44 should have the threaded barrel included for the price.

Otherwise it’s a lots of subjective preference.

Capacity? It what it is, get over it. Personally, I like 10rd mags. Easy to load and every box of ammo fills 5 mags. Just like my target 22s.
    Grip shape? Buy what you like. I’ve come to prefer the Glock shape
    Trigger? All of the triggers in this group of 22s suck, TX22 included.
    Price? We can’t control that, it is what is. You pay what it costs to get the one you want.

So again, better by a mile? Not really. Both are just par for the course really.
    Is the TX22 better by mile for your preferences? It would seem to be.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I can't find the video anywhere besides Facebook but there is one of a G44 "blowing up". Looks like it fired out of battery maybe?

Link to F.B.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2720746188011329&id=233036316782341

Shame we don’t have more information.

I’d also like to know how many of issues we are seeing are unique vs how many are just different parts of the same story.

Edit: it’s actually not that easy to find more examples of issues. Thought it would be easier based on Mac’s post, had my wife scroll through Instagram but she isn’t seeing them. Google isn’t turning up tons of hits either, just the one cracked slide reposted in several forums.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This is all good to know, if these things are junk. :dunno: Better to find out problems now.

Referencing the pricing that some are saying is too high, I actually was a bit disappointed that the price was not in line with center fire Glocks. You would think the same amount of everything went into all Glock firearms, so why would the price be lower for a .22LR?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I guess the guy posted this on Instagram with more pictures and info. Supposedly he was using Stingers.

For some reason, the general public (non-fan boys) are having a hay day with this. Is it unfair? Maybe a little. All new products have growing pains. Hopefully they get it straightened out.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Anyone have Instagram to get that extra information? There isn’t anything but speculation in the Facebook comments. Several comments of “lots of these breaking” but I’m struggling to find more than the one Mac posted and maybe this one from 22P (assuming they’re aren’t the same gun).

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    That dude was standing way too close to that steel target. I had a 22lr round dug out of my stomach a few years back for making that same mistake.

Sorry to hear about that. Glad you're ok. I'd like more details if possible. While I don't think I'm too close, maybe I'm wrong.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The extractor is gone and rod protruding on that Facebook vid. Looks like the same issue? The same gun as pictured before or another?

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    There are multiples having it.

I’d like more proof than the very limited information we have currently.

We’ve seen the picture Mac posted, the video from 22P and the picture you posted. Other than those 3, which may or may not be duplicates of the same gun(s), we have lots of speculation that there are more problems.

If the problem is widespread, it should be easy to find them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/firearmrack.com/glock-44-problems-perfect-imperfections/amp/ - References posts popping up of all manner of problems, shows 2/3 we already know about but no links or information on others.

https://youtu.be/-vBWqyHUf88 - Again same three

I call BS on the quantity of issues being speculated on. If you have information on others, please share it.

Top Bottom