• ...and so much more!
  • Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    MAC released a Patreon video to subscribers. 60 rounds of of the box with Federal 40 gr. 0 issues. Said it shot a little high like 22plinkster said.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There are YouTubes being posted out there on the G44. A handful of them with some reliability issues. I didn't see anything worth posting here that didn't also show poor gun handling or less than flattering video of some sort. I don't dispute the reliability issues reported though as it seems to be getting more commonly reported.

Maybe the G44 is the same as any other .22LR pistol? Somewhat picky on the ammo it likes and no such thing as 100% reliable with most bulk or budget priced ammo?

Kinda waiting on MAC and others a bit more trustworthy to post their video reviews.

Edit - Couple gents posted while I was typing. Beat me to the issue.

Thanks for the info guys! :ingo:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I’m just waiting for MAC to break it. :):

There was a rather long video (40 mins!) I saw this morning with ammo testing, lots of ammo types tried but some less than stellar handling issues as well. But I agree, currently it seems to be a typical 22 when it comes to ammo pickiness.

Par for the course.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    This is where I'd like to chime in and say that I personally don't like to be a beta-tester....as much as I can help it. Especially with automobiles and firearms.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This is where I'd like to chime in and say that I personally don't like to be a beta-tester....as much as I can help it. Especially with automobiles and firearms.

That’s what makes the situation odd to me. There shouldn’t be user based beta testing, unless it’s an issues related to the factory location. They spent 3 years developing this one.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Activated my Glock 44 warranty since fear is in the air. :dunno:
    Cleaned it this pm ready for a range trip to try out different types of ammo.
    I was hoping to get the sights adjusted in tight, but I guess I need to find out about the ammo situation with mine first.

BFG

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Has anyone else had issues with the 36gr Federal Bulk pack through these?

Picked up a G44 Saturday. After a clean & lube, only had a chance to run a little over 100rds through it (Federal Bulk).

With the exception of a couple of no-fires it ran perfect shooting at a 12" gong at 10yds.

The no-fires were the typical "put it back in the magazine - try it again and it worked" (ammunition problem)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Range report using 12 brands of ammo with the Glock 44.

Today on the 3rd range visit with the Glock 44.
    I put 400 rounds put through it today (190 rounds in the 1st & 2nd range visit = 600 rounds total through it).

2 brands = failure to eject. (stovepipes)
    O brands = failure to feed.
    3 brands = failure to fire on first attempt, but most did 2nd time through, with 1 round taking 3 times before firing & one not firing after 2 tries.
    7/12 brands = 0 issues
    5/12 brands
    had issues.

Ammo with NO issues:
    1. CCI Mini-Mags (110 rounds, but only 10 today)
    2. CCI Standard Velocity (90 rounds, but none today)
    3. CCI Blazer .38 grain, 1235 FPS, lead round nose (40 rds.)
    4. Federal Auto Match 40 grain, 1200 FPS, solid round lead nose (40 rds.)
    5. Remington Golden Bullets (50 rounds)
    6. Armscor 36 grain, HV, copper coated Hollow Point (40 rds.) Note: Accurate
    7. Aguila Super Extra 40 grain, 1255 FPS, Copper coated solid nose (20 rds.) Note: Accurate

Ammo with Failures to Eject (8 & 9 stovepipes):
    8. Remington Thunderbolts 40 grain, 1255 FPS, lead round nose. FTE on 35/50 round. (50 rds.)
    9. Winchester M-22 40 grain, 1255 FPS, black copper plated round nose (60 rds.)
    10. Remington CBee22 33 grain, 740 FPS, copper plated hollow point (only 5 rounds shot: ALL Failed to Eject)

Failure to Fire:
    11. American Eagle 40 grain, HV, solid lead nose. FTF on 12/30 round. (30 rds.).
    12. Winchester Super X 40 grain, 1300 FPS, copper round nose. 5 rounds FTF: #6, #20, #24, #35, #43 (50 rds. total).
    All fired when I put them through the 2nd time.
    Repeat of #9. Winchester M-22 40 grain, 1255 FPS, black copper plated round nose.
    4 rounds FTF: #16, #34, #55, #58. 2 fired 2nd time through & 1 fired 3rd time but 1 did not fire after 3 times.

This was the 2nd target that I used to test ammo with today.
    It occurred to me that some might want to see the groupings.
    The first target was too cluttered with it having been used before, but I turned this one around.
    Only the "+" was being shot at, the others were the targets on the original side.
    udiCftM.jpg

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Range report using 12 brands of ammo with the Glock 44.

Today on the 3rd range visit with the Glock 44.
    I put 400 rounds put through it today (190 rounds in the 1st & 2nd range visit = 600 rounds total through it).

2 brands = failure to eject. (stovepipes)
    O brands = failure to feed.
    3 brands = failure to fire on first attempt, but most did 2nd time through, with 1 round taking 3 times before firing & one not firing after 2 tries.
    5/12 brands had issues (not 7 brands as written on target below).

Ammo with NO issues:
    1. CCI Mini-Mags (110 rounds, but only 10 today)
    2. CCI Standard Velocity (90 rounds, but none today)
    3. CCI Blazer .38 grain, 1235 FPS, lead round nose (40 rds.)
    4. Federal Auto Match 40 grain, 1200 FPS, solid round lead nose (40 rds.)
    5. Remington Golden Bullets (50 rounds)
    6. Armscor 36 grain, HV, copper coated Hollow Point (40 rds.) Note: Accurate
    7. Aguila Super Extra 40 grain, 1255 FPS, Copper coated solid nose (20 rds.) Note: Accurate

Ammo with Failures to Eject (stovepipes):
    8. Remington Thunderbolts 40 grain, 1255 FPS, lead round nose. FTE on 35/50 round. (50 rds.)
    9. Winchester M-22 40 grain, 1255 FPS, black copper plated round nose (60 rds.)
    10. Remington CBee22 33 grain, 740 FPS, copper plated hollow point (only 5 rounds shot: ALL Failed to Eject)

Failure to Fire:
    11. American Eagle 40 grain, HV, solid lead nose. FTF on 12/30 round. (30 rds.).
    12. Winchester Super X 40 grain, 1300 FPS, copper round nose. 5 rounds FTF: #6, #20, #24, #35, #43 (50 rds. total).
    All fired when I put them through the 2nd time.
    Repeat of #9. Winchester M-22 40 grain, 1255 FPS, black copper plated round nose.
    4 rounds FTF: #16, #34, #55, #58. 2 fired 2nd time through & 1 fired 3rd time but 1 did not fire after 3 times.

This was the 2nd target that I used to test ammo with.
    It occurred to me that some might want to see the groupings.
    The first target was too cluttered with it having been used before, but I turned this one around.
    Only the "+" was being shot at, the others were the targets on the original side.

OK, doddg, I have given you crap about your posts before so I must give credit when due. This is informative! Also, further reinforces CCI ammo as a "go to" brand.

The reverse target...wow...you have reached a new level of cheap. Impressive!

:stickpoke: :):

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    OK, doddg, I have given you crap about your posts before so I must give credit when due. This is informative! Also, further reinforces CCI ammo as a "go to" brand.

CCI is about all I buy anymore with an occasional Golden Bucket when Walmart is giving them away for $45.

The reverse target...wow...you have reached a new level of cheap. Impressive!
    I can't quit laughing! :rofl: Yes, you can't believe how I milk my used targets.
    After I get done with the targets I bought before retirement, I'll be using paper plates (learned here on INGO).
    :)
    I shoot one like a normal person, take a pic to post, then do like what I did today to get 21 more "targets" out of it.
    The sad thing is that I'm not done with it yet. I'll get another 12 mags on it. :laugh:

:stickpoke: :):

You have your number reversed on FTfire and FTE.

There were only 2 brands with stovepipes (FTE), the other with the 740 FPS would even try to eject.
    Only 3 brands had Failure to Fire.

Top Bottom