• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I finally got out the Glock manual today.
    Didn't see anything about adjusting the rear sight.

Maybe I missed it but I went over the manual twice.
    I found directions online for another Glock model: I suppose it is the same sight.
    Interestingly enough, it was saying that you could use the rear adjustable sight on other models, but I'd never heard of a Glock rear adjustable sight from reading here.
    Never read about Glocks though, and on INGO, perhaps everyone bypasses the Glock rear adjustable sight for something better.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I really enjoyed shooting my Glock 44.
    It is perfect for shooting with my family. Accurate, easy, and Glock!

First 30 rounds on paper (7 yards) below.

vkNdTPn.jpg

L4PCwWv.jpg

EoCUDXA.jpg

https://imgur.com/gallery/HxDYZnF

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I really enjoyed shooting my Glock 44.
    It is perfect for shooting with my family. Accurate, easy, and Glock!

First 30 rounds on paper (7 yards) below.

Nice groups for the 1st 30 rounds especially the center blue target. I am seriously considering the G44 as my next handgun.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Interestingly enough, it was saying that you could use the rear adjustable sight on other models, but I'd never heard of a Glock rear adjustable sight from reading here.
    Never read about Glocks though, and on INGO, perhaps everyone bypasses the Glock rear adjustable sight for something better.

I believe Glock ships or at least used to certain of their subcompacts (maybe other models as well), if not manufactured in the US, with adjustable sights to the US, as a way to get around some of the firearm importation restrictions (many manufacturers do/used to do this). The sights would then be replaced once they arrived in the US, before being shipped to distributors.

That said, whether adjustable or not, most consider Glock OEM plastic non night sights to be placeholders, and not something to be kept once the purchase the gun.

Here's some info on the importation rules: https://www.nraila.org/articles/19990728/federal-handgun-importation-criteria

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I believe Glock ships or at least used to certain of their subcompacts (maybe other models as well), if not manufactured in the US, with adjustable sights to the US, as a way to get around some of the firearm importation restrictions (many manufacturers do/used to do this). The sights would then be replaced once they arrived in the US, before being shipped to distributors.

That said, whether adjustable or not, most consider Glock OEM plastic non night sights to be placeholders, and not something to be kept once the purchase the gun.
    Here's some info on the importation rules: https://www.nraila.org/articles/19990728/federal-handgun-importation-criteria

Well, once again I prove to be the oddball b/c I love having rear adjustable sights with both windage & elevation with a flathead. :dunno:
    Loved the "placeholders" reference. :laugh:

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I may be compelled to check a couple of near by gun stores to see if I can find one. Of course if I do, and I lay hands on it, it is 100% certain it'll wind up coming home with me.

I may have to sell my beloved GSG 1911-22 to make room for it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I may be compelled to check a couple of near by gun stores to see if I can find one. Of course if I do, and I lay hands on it, it is 100% certain it'll wind up coming home with me.
    I may have to sell my beloved GSG 1911-22 to make room for it.

I have had the GSG (2 of them, one very upgraded fixing all the weaknesses) that I enjoyed.
    The Glock 44 is a totally different type animal so I wish you could keep both for different shooting pleasures, at least until you're sure you can live w/o the GSG.
    Nothing worse than wishing you'd kept a gun that you thought you'd moved on from and was ready for something different.
    Enjoy :thumbsup:

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Nothing worse than wishing you'd kept a gun that you thought you'd moved on from and was ready for something different.
    Enjoy

Been there done that! Also have found that it is usually a lot more expensive to reacquire a gun the second time around.

Despite Glock standaed sights getting bashed so often they are one of the few sights that I can still see reasonably well. The night sights on my P365 on the other hand are so hard for me to see I only took it to the range once or twice since buying it in July.

As to the Glock sights being plastic at least they are adjusted easily and have had no problem with them moving afterwards. My Smith Shield I have not been able to move the sights even with a sight pusher or the vise/punch method.

With the G44 I should have a service style 22 that should shoot even better than my old Walther PPK/S 22.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Been there done that! Also have found that it is usually a lot more expensive to reacquire a gun the second time around.

Despite Glock standaed sights getting bashed so often they are one of the few sights that I can still see reasonably well. The night sights on my P365 on the other hand are so hard for me to see I only took it to the range once or twice since buying it in July.

As to the Glock sights being plastic at least they are adjusted easily and have had no problem with them moving afterwards. My Smith Shield I have not been able to move the sights even with a sight pusher or the vise/punch method.

With the G44 I should have a service style 22 that should shoot even better than my old Walther PPK/S 22.

Smith M&P sights are a different animal, as there are at least on the other M&P's in the series, springs, etc hiding underneath them. By comparison Glock sights are easy to swap, but then Glock as a gun is a much simpler overall design.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

I usually only buy used and when it is a particularly good deal & I know that I can sell it for what I pay for it after deciding whether it goes into the "keeper" or "rotate" bin.
    I have actually bought a few guns lately that I've had before for less money since prices are depressed on some items.
    3 different guns I really wasn't looking to buy but the price was such that I decided to go another round with them.
    One is going to be listed after a few weeks of having when I get back in town, and the other is perfect for now.
    It will be interesting to see where the Glock 44 will fit into this: I'm curious if I will have it a year from now or even 3 months from now.
    I just depends on how much fun & different it is from my other choices, plus, since I bought it new, I will have to take a loss on it, but I have found that with any Glock that is minimal compared to other brands.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    His issues with 36gr ammo was odd given it ran with lighter and heavier ammo. He’s the first one I’ve seen have issues with ammo or POI.

It will be curious to see if it becomes a trend or is just an anomaly.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    His issues with 36gr ammo was odd given it ran with lighter and heavier ammo. He’s the first one I’ve seen have issues with ammo or POI.

It will be curious to see if it becomes a trend or is just an anomaly.

Agreed. It's weird that a particular grain would cause light strikes. Having trouble believing that.

Can't help but wonder why he posted the video without giving Glock a chance to see if it was a fluke.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Agreed. It's weird that a particular grain would cause light strikes. Having trouble believing that.

Can't help but wonder why he posted the video without giving Glock a chance to see if it was a fluke.

It’s very peculiar. I like 22Plinkster but I can’t think of a good reason for not reaching out to Glock on that issue.

I can think of some not so great reasons to not reach out, but I really don’t think he is that kind of person.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I've had more problems with that Federal ammo that he mentioned than any other brand. It was the only ammo that would not run my M&P 22C reliably and my MKIV Ruger didn't care much for it either.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's easy to read a lot into his video. He went pretty far trying to convince what a Glock fanboi he is, (while NOT lifting his hoodie to show one on his side.) He almost sounded like he was going out of his way to get ahead of what he knew was going to be a bad review from the get go?

It's also interesting that he didn't mention reaching out to other Youtube gun folks about their gun's light strikes and issues with Fed bulk pack?

Top Bottom