• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Too many of these group buys never go (except maybe court)anywhere for there are too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. I did not want to see this happen to our first INGO effort at a group purchase but it can so easily happen without proper guidance and direction.

Indeed. There are other pitfalls as well.

I started doing group buys just within a very small circle of friends. As continued to do them, I expanded the opportunity to acquaintances that I believed to be trustworthy. The latter was a mistake, because that's when the snotty attitudes started appearing. The worst were the thinly-veiled accusations that I was somehow making a profit, which was absurd since I was charging each and everyone exactly the amount I was paying to the distributor. It was a FAVOR I was doing for people because I had the time to do it and I'm good at organizing and executing such events. When I'm getting someone a really good price on something, it's not cool to 1) accuse me of making money on the deal when I stated up front that I was not, and 2) have the gall to expect me to go out of my way to deliver the merchandise to you.

In the future any group buys I spearhead will be for friends and family only.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    I have the list complete. All the ammo in this list is all factory new, no reloads. All prices have the 7% Indiana sales tax included. Prices are based on you picking up (I can meet around the Indy area, I am in Greenfield). Please pm with your email or email at am94pmREMOVE@comcast.net for the list. Keep in mind it is a XL based spreadsheet. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Sent e-mail but I got an error message.

By buying in state you incur the 7% sales tax.
    If someone will compile a list of calibers I can send to my sales rep at Century I can get us a Quote.
    We are not obligated to buy and it's free freight, No dealer markup, and no sales tax.

Never hurts to have a second source and something to compare prices to.

I don't need any ammo for myself but might grab a case or two if the price is right.

Let me know if I should check with my sources or bow out.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I know nothing about group buys. I'm just providing the forum here for everyone to get organized and would be in for some 9mm. Sorry I can't be of more help.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Sent e-mail but I got an error message.

If someone will compile a list of calibers I can send to my sales rep at Century I can get us a Quote.
    We are not obligated to buy and it's free freight, No dealer markup, and no sales tax.

I don't need any ammo for myself but might grab a case or two if the price is right.

Let me know if I should check with my sources or bow out.

Well, I'm up for the best quality ammo at the best price but I could use a potpourri of calibers specifically. Brass cased, non lacquered cases, accurate but not necessarily match grade. I might buy some 308 match if available.

.223 55 grain
    30 Carbine FMJ
    7.62X39 FMJ
    .308 FMJ
    50 cal (probably more than my budget will allow)
    9MM (Maybe)
    .357 HP (if possible)
    45 acp (if the price is right

Karl, can you get some estimates on cost & brand. I know it's tough without a firm round count but it may help in the direction that we go. Worst case scenario is that we will all order independently from whomever.

And Hey, Thanks for your all of your help :thumbsup: I appreciate it

am94pm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008

Yes, any dealer/business that places an order and resales in the state of Indiana will be obligate to collect sales tax. The prices on the list I compiled are for any caliber any brand and I would only have to sell 5 cases to get those prices. I chose a distributor that had the most variety in stock. I do not deal with surplus ammo any more, to many problems. All the ammo is new factory loaded ammo no reloads. I do not deal with Century as one of my distributor so I can not tell you on there pricing. They very well could have some better deals than any of my dist. Also remember to take out the REMOVE part from my email am94pmREMOVE@comcast.net

am94pm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    I know nothing about group buys. I'm just providing the forum here for everyone to get organized and would be in for some 9mm. Sorry I can't be of more help.

You are a very big help for letting us do this on your forum. Group buys are easy. Establish what you want to purchase; set a price; set your terms; place order; and deliver. I have done several over the last couple of years for gear, magazines, optics, and some other items. Like I said they can be very effective for getting a lower price.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    You are a very big help for letting us do this on your forum. Group buys are easy. Establish what you want to purchase; set a price; set your terms; place order; and deliver. I have done several over the last couple of years for gear, magazines, optics, and some other items. Like I said they can be very effective for getting a lower price.

am94pm, Are you a stocking dealer and can you give us the location of your shop?. We all love to browse the gun shops. My order alone may very well meet the 5 case criteria if the prices were affordable. I personally thought that the prices were on the high side and thus the desire for a larger than 5 case group buy. I am not against reliable surplus ammo for part of my purchase. With ammo prices/shipping charges rising the way that they are this purchase idea may very well fizzle and I'll continue to stock a few boxes at a time.

Last edited:

am94pm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    4sarge, I don't have a shop at the moment as my main business is law enforcement supply. I hope to be albe to open a store in the next couple years. When I do it will be in Greenfield. I hear you on the ammo prices. Just a couple of years ago I was able to deliver name brand factory new ammo for $100 - $160 for variuos cailbers. A lot of my LE customers have had to cut back on there training because of prices. Sorry I couldn't help on the price.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute

Let me know if I should check with my sources or bow out.[/quote]

by all means, please check. and thanks.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Re: sales tax being collected by in-state sellers

I would be remiss if I didn't remind everyone that if you buy something from outside of Indiana, our law obligates you to pay a use tax in the amount equivalent to the current sales tax when you submit your income tax return.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Re: sales tax being collected by in-state sellers

I would be remiss if I didn't remind everyone that if you buy something from outside of Indiana, our law obligates you to pay a use tax in the amount equivalent to the current sales tax when you submit your income tax return.
    Ummmmmm YEAH thanks for reminding us all Joey. :):

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom