• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    And for what it is worth, Fox news has a lovely article explaining how electricity also costs money.
    best option seems to be ignoring the alphabet bois, and letting us frack and pump around the country without federal intervention.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    umn6COr.jpg

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    There’s still almost 3 years of this s**t left so they can force us all into EV’s, or so they think.

I’ve noticed television is getting pounded with electric vehicle commercials all over the place and frequently. They make it sound so cool and dreamy to drive. Not to mention most of them look pretty funky . And I’ve noticed nearly every model has all this color changing LED glow panels in interior (wasting precious battery power). The dashboards are just leather coated panels with iPads stuck in them.

I don’t think it’s gonna work the way they want it to. EV is just not there for commercial and heavy equipment, so we’ll need gas to power those for a long time to come.

Im never buying a vehicle in which the manufacturer can just give and take options on a whim with a software update.

Im also never buying a vehicle with a screen for an instrument cluster. Screens break. Screens are disposable. You need the instruments to run the car. So then the whole car is disposable. I don’t mind a screen in the middle but no screen for the gauges. I have no desire to drive a phone with wheels.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    And for what it is worth, Fox news has a lovely article explaining how electricity also costs money.
    best option seems to be ignoring the alphabet bois, and letting us frack and pump around the country without federal intervention.
    Best thing I`ve EVER heard said, and it has FINALLY been said; how is it bad to drill and pump here, but good to drill and pump "over there". Utter nonsense.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Im never buying a vehicle in which the manufacturer can just give and take options on a whim with a software update.

Im also never buying a vehicle with a screen for an instrument cluster. Screens break. Screens are disposable. You need the instruments to run the car. So then the whole car is disposable. I don’t mind a screen in the middle but no screen for the gauges. I have no desire to drive a phone with wheels.
    I think they all pretty much can do things to your car remotely…

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Funny one of my lefty friends responded to my “I did that” Facebook post about gas prices that people should use alternative fuel electric vehicles. Another friend called out his hypocrisy for buying a full size pickup a couple months ago. Then lefty came up with all the excuses why he could not get an EV but everyone else should.

We are all friends so the discussion was civil and we agreed to disagree.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Traded my truck in on a Chevy spark the other day, bare bones manual variety.

Was in the process of finding a new truck when this nonsense started so I decided I could live without a truck for a year. Was going to buy a crap Honda or something anyway to commute in. This way I have my “beater with a heater” only it’s a nicer car that’s been taken care of and has a warranty. Gas prices stay around where they are and I make a truck sized payment on this itty bitty car and it’s paid for in one year.

Then I will go get another truck and use the spark to commute in so I’m not wearing a 50k dollar truck out in 5 years. I commute 75 miles round trip every day around 465.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Traded my truck in on a Chevy spark the other day, bare bones manual variety.

Was in the process of finding a new truck when this nonsense started so I decided I could live without a truck for a year. Was going to buy a crap Honda or something anyway to commute in. This way I have my “beater with a heater” only it’s a nicer car that’s been taken care of and has a warranty. Gas prices stay around where they are and I make a truck sized payment on this itty bitty car and it’s paid for in one year.

Then I will go get another truck and use the spark to commute in so I’m not wearing a 50k dollar truck out in 5 years. I commute 75 miles round trip every day around 465.
    When those first came out, I tried to get in the driver's seat... I tried.
    I couldn't even get my right leg in under the steering wheel.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Wonder what Elon Musk has to say about the dems using EV's as a political tool to cover their bad actions?

Meh...
    I always take this guy with a pinch of salt.
    He has made a bundle from taxpayer subsidization.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It's funny how gas prices tracked right along with oil barrel pricing as the value went up.

Yet now that it's $20 less per barrel, no one is lowering their prices to reflect it, lol.

Flash-hider

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    It wonder how less emboldened this ***** would be had the fbi followed through on its kidnapping plot.

BTW, whom in the fbi has been charged with that crime?
    No one and in a little more than 7 months from now there will be enough numbskulls in this State to re-elect her.

Top Bottom