Funny Political Picture/Video Thread Part VIII** The other side makes this way too easy!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I've heard 300B 500B and 1T to pay off student loans.

That is just a drop in the bucket compared to her bar tab.View attachment 220576
    Most dog people I know are slaves to their dogs, the dogs are alpha.

Have long said if inmates were forced to collect the **** behind dogs it would be ruled cruel and unusual punishment…

matbmorr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2021
    Charlestown
    When the student loan program was taken over by the gubmint it was sold to us claiming it would make money. I guess they were wrong.
    I mean, it is though. Look at it this way: They are going to raise taxes and take more money, just to erase a few line items in a log book. Those line items all stand for a new taxpayer. What's $10k in loan forgiveness compared to what each of them is going to pay in their lifetimes?

1661777198558.png

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I mean, it is though. Look at it this way: They are going to raise taxes and take more money, just to erase a few line items in a log book. Those line items all stand for a new taxpayer. What's $10k in loan forgiveness compared to what each of them is going to pay in their lifetimes?
    Are you thinking that without that $10K in loan forgiveness they would not pay taxes for life?
    I don't think it works that way.

matbmorr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2021
    Charlestown
    Are you thinking that without that $10K in loan forgiveness they would not pay taxes for life?
    I don't think it works that way.
    I think you misunderstood me. They would be paying the taxes for life anyways. The $10k is a drop in the bucket that is negligible to the government, so to them, this is a great money maker.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I think you misunderstood me. They would be paying the taxes for life anyways. The $10k is a drop in the bucket that is negligible to the government, so to them, this is a great money maker.
    But they already went to school (hence the loan) so they would be paying the taxes anyhow.

$10K might be a drop in the bucket but that sum is also irrelevant. The sum is somewhere around $500B which isn't a drop in the bucket and you get the taxes either way. If you want to make money you don't pay $500B for something you are already going to get by paying $0.

matbmorr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2021
    Charlestown
    But they already went to school (hence the loan) so they would be paying the taxes anyhow.

$10K might be a drop in the bucket but that sum is also irrelevant. The sum is somewhere around $500B which isn't a drop in the bucket and you get the taxes either way. If you want to make money you don't pay $500B for something you are already going to get by paying $0.
    But they're not paying $500B. Like I said, all they're doing is erasing a few lines in a ledger. It's all lip service.

I get what you're saying, and I agree for the most part. I just see this as another strategy to try to trick people into thinking they care. Another way to win a few votes with no effort.

Edit: I decided to do a bit of math. According to the great Google machine, there were 148.3 million tax returns filled in 2019. Say you add just $20 in taxes a week to each of those, that's $154.2 billion a year. This plan "pays" for itself in less than 5 years, while practically buying the vote of almost every current or recent college student.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    But they're not paying $500B. Like I said, all they're doing is erasing a few lines in a ledger. It's all lip service.

I get what you're saying, and I agree for the most part. I just see this as another strategy to try to trick people into thinking they care. Another way to win a few votes with no effort.

Edit: I decided to do a bit of math. According to the great Google machine, there were 148.3 million tax returns filled in 2019. Say you add just $20 in taxes a week to each of those, that's $154.2 billion a year. This plan "pays" for itself in less than 5 years, while practically buying the vote of almost every current or recent college student.
    I think I see what you are saying and I also agree for the most part.

One point I want to make though is that this is real money. We have been saying "pay" because it is just an easy way to refer to the cost. The fact is the government has already paid real tax dollars right from your pocket and mine. They have paid this to colleges and universities and I bet some directly to students. Now instead of getting it back the way they promised they are just saying forget it. We, the tax payers, are definitely out that much money.

And yes the dumocraps are using tax money to buy voters.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom