Funny Political Picture/Video Thread Part VIII** The other side makes this way too easy!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    But they're not paying $500B. Like I said, all they're doing is erasing a few lines in a ledger. It's all lip service.

I get what you're saying, and I agree for the most part. I just see this as another strategy to try to trick people into thinking they care. Another way to win a few votes with no effort.

Edit: I decided to do a bit of math. According to the great Google machine, there were 148.3 million tax returns filled in 2019. Say you add just $20 in taxes a week to each of those, that's $154.2 billion a year. This plan "pays" for itself in less than 5 years, while practically buying the vote of almost every current or recent college student.
    You have made a mistake in your math. Not all 'filed' returns result in tax being paid, in fact close to half of them result in no taxes being paid or even some money being paid to the filer due to EOCs and the like. You are shearing only about half as many sheep as you think

matbmorr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2021
    Charlestown
    You have made a mistake in your math. Not all 'filed' returns result in tax being paid, in fact close to half of them result in no taxes being paid or even some money being paid to the filer due to EOCs and the like. You are shearing only about half as many sheep as you think
    I see what you mean, but I was just going for a rough estimate. I also wasn't taking into account anyone paying in or getting refunds, I was just trying to estimate the number of actual taxpaying individuals, and that was the closest thing I could find.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I see what you mean, but I was just going for a rough estimate. I also wasn't taking into account anyone paying in or getting refunds, I was just trying to estimate the number of actual taxpaying individuals, and that was the closest thing I could find.
    Obviously there has to be a net income to the government so the average tax amount has to be a positive number.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

Did You Know?
    The PDF version of this year's Data BookPDF offers additional graphs in each section for easier understanding of all the hard work the IRS completes to fund the United States Government and enforce the Nation’s tax laws.

I remember when the back of a 1040 packet you picked up from the library or post office had a bunch of tax statistics on the back. I have not been paying taxes very long when I realized that there were way too few people paying taxes relative to those who were reporting income.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom