• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    How do you vet them? Just with a DD214? That doesn't automatically qualify them as honorable and competent. I wouldn't be surprised if the asshat with the bow and arrow qualifies as you've described. And how do you handle liability? Not just liability for the volunteers, but the liability for the police department when rambo does stupid ****. I'm just trying to think practically about how that would even work. It's something that can't just be put together in a day. Hey, boyz. Bring your DD214s and your AR 15s and help us out here. I guess I could see a situation desperate enough to do something like that. This ain't that apocalyptic.

Standing a line doesn't mean you have to have a rifle. I would be fine holding a shield up, wearing some extra body armor and letting the guys beside me handle the firearms if they put out a call for help from the citizenry. Just give me a striking weapon.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    v1NmqDC.jpg

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    There is a lot of info on a DD214. On mine you can see the medals I earned, courses and training I recieved, and experience as a supervisor. Yes, riot control is in there. It doesn't show riot duty in Germany I was flown in for. There has to be 1,000s of me available with honorable discharges. Some simple written phsychological exams could be used for weeding out the wrong guys. I would work as a water-boy or man the line. I do not want another career though.

Some DD214'ers were used at Kent State with loaded M1's and 1911's. ..

[video=youtube_share;YX95QSKBODo]https://youtu.be/YX95QSKBODo[/video]

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Ummmm. You'd have to provide more than a song on that one as proof.

National Guard during the Vietnam War era? Hmmm.

Proof of what?
    That Twenty-eight National Guard soldiers fired approximately 67 rounds over a period of 13 seconds, killing four unarmed Kent State students and wounding nine others.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Proof of what?
    That Twenty-eight National Guard soldiers fired approximately 67 rounds over a period of 13 seconds, killing four unarmed Kent State students and wounding nine others.

Students who spit on people who were forcibly conscripted to fight in a war they didn't want to even be in.

P.S. that still isn't proof.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yeah. What training appeared on their dd214's? You make a broad sweeping generalization about vets and equate untrained NG's versus vets who had training, were in war zones, etc.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It didn't happen... Wow.. We didn't go to the moon either...
    Heres a Pulitzer taken minutes after....

You said:

Some DD214'ers were used at Kent State with loaded M1's and 1911's. ..

What did their DD214's show at Kent St? I'll tell you what: Nothing. They didn't have DD214's.

If you are going to besmirch vets, you better know what you're talking about, which you obviously don't.

Prove they had DD214's at that time and I'll apologize. Otherwise, you should.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    CBS radio news just aired some guy saying the protesters didn't start the fires, police officers did. This guy wasn't a protestor, he was a spokesman for something.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    CBS radio news just aired some guy saying the protesters didn't start the fires, police officers did. This guy wasn't a protestor, he was a spokesman for something.

Antifa?

Did he provide any evidence at all? It will be a hard sell, given all the non-police looting, attacking and destroying going on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom