• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Looking for the article where I read it, but apparently enough MPD guys have pulled the pin or applied for PTSD retirement that the department is looking at running about half strength.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Looking for the article where I read it, but apparently enough MPD guys have pulled the pin or applied for PTSD retirement that the department is looking at running about half strength.

So, they wanted to defund the police. Sounds like, one way or another, they're getting what they want.

I've never been so glad to be retired from LE. I keep saying that, but it becomes more true each day. I have great respect for those who are still in, under these conditions. At least (generally) police are well-supported and have it better here in Indiana, with some very notable exceptions.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    That body cam shows a grotesquely unhealthy and mentally ill person in the process of dying from a fentanyl overdose while a cocktail of other drugs scramble his addled brain. There's still things the police did that I don't like or agree with, but this is NOT the narrative we were fed. The breath was not mercilessly ground out of his lungs by a police officer's knee. We have gone from "police murdered him" to "police failed to diagnose a medical situation and act fast enough to save his life".

If you live in Minneapolis, I'd be fire sale-ing the house and getting the hell out of there, because with the police abolished that city is going to BURN when the acquittal comes.

The defense attorney will hammer the training of that technique and the frequent application of that technique and hammer on the odd behavior of Floyd. Sprinkle in a daily reminder of the chemical influences and we're going to be ready to riot all over again. This time with social workers ready to provide crowd control.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    The defense attorney will hammer the training of that technique and the frequent application of that technique and hammer on the odd behavior of Floyd. Sprinkle in a daily reminder of the chemical influences and we're going to be ready to riot all over again. This time with social workers ready to provide crowd control.

That combined with the overcharge, oof.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    RIP every single narrative.

Really?

What narratives, specifically, are RIP?

Sure, he seems altered and agitated and non-compliant...as far as the video goes...which ends right as he goes to the ground. Are you saying that the video justifies or excuses kneeling on his neck for 8:46 as we have all seen?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Really?

Sure, he seems altered and agitated and non-compliant...as far as the video goes...which ends right as he goes to the ground. Are you saying that the video justifies or excuses kneeling on his neck for 8:46 as we have all seen?

Yeah, that was mean and unnecessary.

Not looking like murder, though.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Really?

I assume Tombs meant the narrative that George Floyd death was inevitable because he was hopped up on drugs. Or maybe the narrative that it was COVID-19 related. Or the narrative that someone can leak a video that looks like it wasn't filmed with a potato. :dunno:

Dulla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    NWI
    Yeah, that was mean and unnecessary.

Not looking like murder, though.

Sounded like he was saying I can't breathe for the last 2-3 minutes of that video. I had the volume low bc I'm next to a sleeping baby so I might be wrong.

If that's the case no telling what a jury will decide at this point.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I assume Tombs meant the narrative that George Floyd death was inevitable because he was hopped up on drugs. Or maybe the narrative that it was COVID-19 related. Or the narrative that someone can leak a video that looks like it wasn't filmed with a potato. :dunno:

I thought it was the narratives that claimed he was totally cooperative and the police just killed him out of (racist) spite. :dunno:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    RIP every single narrative.

(Channel HRC: what difference does it make)
    Minneapolis was burned.
    Lots of other places where destroyed as well.
    The :sheep: will only remember that he was "killed" due to some jbt kneeing on him.
    The "movement" to defund police across the country continues.

So what if it was all a lie? The damage has been done. :(

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Sounded like he was saying I can't breathe for the last 2-3 minutes of that video. I had the volume low bc I'm next to a sleeping baby so I might be wrong.

If that's the case no telling what a jury will decide at this point.

He was saying that he couldn't breathe while he was in the car with nobody on his neck, so who knows what his malfunction was?

You are 100% correct on predicting what a jury will do.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I thought it was the narratives that claimed he was totally cooperative and the police just killed him out of (racist) spite. :dunno:

If that was a narrative.

...but I think that the narrative that the police used excessive force and caused his death unnecessarily remains alive and well.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If that was a narrative.

...but I think that the narrative that the police used excessive force and caused his death unnecessarily remains alive and well.

It absolutely was one of the narratives. You get tv up there, right? Not sure if you're aware, but there has been quite a bit of unrest caused by that narrative. It caused quite the kerfuffle. But I agree that the police will still probably be blamed, justly or unjustly.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It absolutely was one of the narratives. You get tv up there, right? Not sure if you're aware, but there has been quite a bit of unrest caused by that narrative. It caused quite the kerfuffle. But I agree that the police will still probably be blamed, justly or unjustly.

The main narrative I have heard is that police used excessive force on a black man, causing his death and treat black men like that regularly. That is a bit different.

So you are proposing that kneeling on him for the full 8:46 may have been justified based upon the video we just saw?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The main narrative I have heard is that police used excessive force on a black man, causing his death and treat black men like that regularly. That is a bit different.

So you are proposing that kneeling on him for the full 8:46 may have been justified based upon the video we just saw?

In reply to the part that you added, do you have evidence that the police regularly killed black men by use of excessive force? I've not seen that presented.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No, I'm not. Not at all. I'm saying that the cause of death may or may not have been due to that action though.

Not, at this time, having a reason to think the medical examiner was wrong, I'll go with the official report which had the police action as a causative factor. That there may have been conditions that also contributed, does not change that.

I never saw this as murder. I have always seen it, and continue to see it, as a case of excessive force leading to death.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    In reply to the part that you added, do you have evidence that the police regularly killed black men by use of excessive force? I've not seen that presented.

I said it was the main narrative that I had heard, not that I accepted that. Are we using the same definition of "narrative"?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I said it was the main narrative that I had heard, not that I accepted that. Are we using the same definition of "narrative"?

By narrative, I'm referring to what has been pushed in the media and by BLM et al. I think we're on the same page as to whether or not it rises to the level of murder or not (I don't believe it does). But I also don't believe that portraying Floyd as some innocent choir boy that was killed in cold blood by the police is anywhere near the truth, and that's what's been pushed. Just like with Michael (hands up don't shoot) Brown in Ferguson.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom