Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I actually agree with her here, just not the way she hopes:

Trump not absolutely crushing the literal armed insurrection against the US up in Washington demonstrates the lack of leadership of which she speaks. If that had been squashed as soon as it should have been, it's quite possible we'd see less violent stupidity all over the country right now because it would be clear that violence in our streets won't be tolerated. Trump is just as hard on mobs and rioters as Obama was, and that's bluntly unacceptable.

From his statements since then, I hope Trump has learned his lesson but he's fooled me before. We'll see.

He's letting the children, and their helicopter parents who will never hold them accountable, discover just what the kind of world they want looks like.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    He's letting the children, and their helicopter parents who will never hold them accountable, discover just what the kind of world they want looks like.

Leadership of a nation through trial and error lesson learning is a **** poor way to go about things. Despite the fact that I'd venture most of us look at that side of the aisle as a bunch of children and may want to teach them "lessons" the way we might a child, we can't afford to just let the country touch the stove to find out it's hot. As the adults in the room we know it's hot so it's our job to smack their hands away before they hurt themselves even worse. Good leadership is supposed to do exactly that. Stop problems when they're small so they don't become big later on.

Beyond that, I just don't think that's what Trump is doing. I believe he's afraid of the optics of what armed US forces in urban streets is going to look like coming only weeks before an election when the media has been begging for a race war for nearly a decade already. He's not wrong to worry about that, but he's forgetting who put him there in the first place and it was the same people that got sick of watching Obama do the exact same thing. Whether or not you realize it, Obama voters elected Trump. I believe they did so because he wasn't Obama. He needs to stop acting like him or one of swing states that he must win is going to bail on him, and it only takes one. It's going to be close as it is and he only made the cut the first time by about 100,000 votes.

So... He needs to step up and be a leader and quit screwing around.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    As the adults in the room we know it's hot so it's our job to smack their hands away before they hurt themselves even worse.

I believe he's afraid of the optics of what armed US forces in urban streets is going to look like coming only weeks before an election when the media has been begging for a race war for nearly a decade already.

He's not wrong to worry about that

That's what your post simmers down to, after cutting out all of the self defeating points that are attempts to scream at the sky when it's obviously an impossible situation due to politics.

If he actually did that, they would absolutely pursue an impeachment investigation that would stretch into the election, and all of biden's ads would be describing Trump as a militaristic dictator.

If biden wins, all of this will keep going on regardless, likely scaling up by orders of magnitude as there will be no repercussions for such behavior anymore. If Trump wins, we can get the resolution to this conflict since he no longer has to pander to the middle.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    That's what your post simmers down to, after cutting out all of the self defeating points that are attempts to scream at the sky when it's obviously an impossible situation due to politics.

If he actually did that, they would absolutely pursue an impeachment investigation that would stretch into the election, and all of biden's ads would be describing Trump as a militaristic dictator.

If biden wins, all of this will keep going on regardless, likely scaling up by orders of magnitude as there will be no repercussions for such behavior anymore. If Trump wins, we can get the resolution to this conflict since he no longer has to pander to the middle.

What? You implied he's doing this as a strategy to teach a lesson, I told you that's BS and he's a coward afraid of losing an election. Then you said I was right in an oddly insulting way while seeming to believe that his odds of winning an election improve if American cities are literally burning on polling day while he sits on his hands.

Good luck with that...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    How long till it hits the fan even harder in Chicago?

https://twitter.com/CWBChicago/status/1280612616591880193?s=20

Chicago PD disbanding gun, gang, and sanitation units. It's a combination of the NY and SF models. I think it was Tucker Carlson last night who asked the rhetorical question, "If you were trying to destroy large cities, would you do anything different than DeBlasio and Lightfoot?"

As far as the excrement making physical contact with the hydro-electric powered, oscillating air current distribution device: all the blades will be broken off by mid-August with this much ****.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I have two friends on the land of faces that want the officers in Louisville charged with the murder of breonna Taylor. I had a civil conversation with one that while tragic, somewhat bad intel, and a type of warrant that should only be used in extreme circumstances; it wasn’t a criminal act. Neither the police of her current boyfriend did nothing wrong and if I was on the jury for either, pending new information, I couldn’t convict either on charges.

I disagree. It was wrong and, based on facts as-known, a criminal act. Was it murder? Probably not, since murder requires mens rea. But it was certainly the unjustified killing of an innocent person - i.e. manslaughter.

The officers violated the 4th rule of safe firearm handling: they did not verify their target (or what was around/behind their target) before firing. They are responsible for the harm caused by the shots they fired.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    This is one of the problems with trendy words. "Cancel" seems a far distant, weaker cousin, to "Shun". There is history with shun. Classes are cancelled. "Friends" is cancelled. Shunned people are no longer part of the society...forced to fend for themselves in the wilderness.

But, these ******* radicals probably only can "cancel" someone. The TV generation

"Canceling" != "shunning". The latter is passive, and merely means not to engage with someone. The former is active, and means destroying the livelihood of that person.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    "Canceling" != "shunning". The latter is passive, and merely means not to engage with someone. The former is active, and means destroying the livelihood of that person.

You must not have lived near people from the old country. You get shunned in my old neighborhood, and you couldn't buy a stick of gum from Ben Franklin. You were an outcast.

Cancelled seems so....dainty. I suppose if a Wise Guy said he was gonna cancel my ticket, I'd think it was pretty serious. When some activist foo foo man/woman says it...they better be wearin a throat guard, cuz I'm gonna borrow my wife's 3-iron.

The truth is, if someone identifiable "cancels" my livelihood, I'm gonna be a lot more like that Wise Guy I mentioned than they are gonna care for.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    The last 5 minutes of this video may be the best that Tim Pool has ever put out (start at 21:34). He explains why the anti-American Marxists have embraced cancellation culture and are destroying statues and other significant cultural items.

[video=youtube_share;60jzmmpJhVs]https://youtu.be/60jzmmpJhVs?t=1294[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Good article (about the year zero).

As for the vandals and the $3,000 reward, I'd throw in an extra $100 if they're brought in severely bruised.

I'll put in $100 as well.

And no one complains when they get their ass kicked by firefighters. So when the vandal(s) are found, let them make the arrest and transport them to the jail.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Good article (about the year zero).

As for the vandals and the $3,000 reward, I'd throw in an extra $100 if they're brought in severely bruised.

The trouble is in some cities the vandals could turn themselves in just for the reward because they would not get charged, prosecuted or punished in any way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom