jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Two things:
    Perception can sometimes lead to a self-fulfilling result.
    Perception, or what you think generally about group, should not dictate how one responds to the individual.

...oh, and I’m back on the prowl.

Welcome back. Hope your mom is doing well.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No....he is not.

I think I'm gonna hold out for one of those Aluminists NKBJ is talking about. Have to start a GoFundMe page though. I don't have a $Billion ... yet.

Dammit I'm too slow.

I'm sure you were thinking, oh, ****. I better correct that before jamil gets old of it.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    No....he is not.

I think I'm gonna hold out for one of those Aluminists NKBJ is talking about. Have to start a GoFundMe page though. I don't have a $Billion ... yet.

I don't know what NKBJ means on this forum, but the urban dictionary definition is almost enough to make me switch political affiliations if that's what you're talking about...

Not from you personally of course, but I'd like to meet those sort of alumni.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I don't know what NKBJ means on this forum, but the urban dictionary definition is almost enough to make me switch political affiliations if that's what you're talking about...

Not from you personally of course, but I'd like to meet those sort of alumni.

I think it has to do with their lodge hats.

giphy.gif

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    That’s reflective of circumstances they by themselves did not create collectively. The crime is a result of a many factors. Poverty in proximity to wealth creates pockets of crime, especially violent crime. The Gini Index, an index that measures income inequality, has been shown to be about the best predictor of violent crime in a given area. Many US cities have Gini indexes similar to the 3rd world countries with some of the highest crime rates. Another factor is the welfare state of dependency. It fosters a sense of entitlement and incentivizes fatherless homes. Democrat programs have largely created some cultural norms that perpetuates those problems.

The fatherless problem creates many of those disadvantages in itself. Many cultures value reputation and that’s usually a good thing. It incentivizes hard work, honesty, and pride in one’s work. But if not tempered by discipline it fosters a dangerous attitude of demanding unearned respect. Most of these inner city shootings aren’t drug deals gone bad or turf wars between rival gangs as much as it is about disputes over respect between individuals.

It isn’t just a “black” thing. You’ll find that the black crime statistics closely correlates with poverty rates among black people. A higher percentage of black people live in poverty compared with white people. Is that due to heritable characteristics in black people? That’s absurd. Look at black people around the world and you’ll find a lot of diversity among them. Most of the problems are environmental.

I stopped reading after you mentioned poverty.

My grandfather was raised with 4 other kids in a 6x12ft concrete block house with some tarps over the top. They survived off having some chickens and the tiny amount of money they could bring in. They didn't have indoor plumbing or electricity. (P.S. that structure is still standing and I could show you if you don't believe me.)

None of them went out and became criminals. None of them dealt drugs, none of them turned to crime. They didn't even turn to government assistance.

It is not a poverty issue, at all. I'd wager most of these "impoverished" people you're talking about have electricity, plumbing, and an actual house. They may even be wealthy enough to own a TV and a refrigerator. I see many on expensive luxury phones that cost more than the mortgage payment for this house.

If the crux of your argument is that they're jealous because they see people with more money than them, that is a cultural problem, not a poverty problem.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

My grandfather was raised with 4 other kids in a 6x12ft concrete block house with some tarps over the top. They survived off having some chickens and the tiny amount of money they could bring in. They didn't have indoor plumbing or electricity. (P.S. that structure is still standing and I could show you if you don't believe me.)

None of them went out and became criminals. None of them dealt drugs, none of them turned to crime. They didn't even turn to government assistance.

It is not a poverty issue, at all. I'd wager most of these "impoverished" people you're talking about have electricity, plumbing, and an actual house. They may even be wealthy enough to own a TV and a refrigerator. I see many on expensive luxury phones that cost more than the mortgage payment for this house.

If the crux of your argument is that they're jealous because they see people with more money than them, that is a cultural problem, not a poverty problem.

Right. That poverty excuse thing is more of a libtard rationalization story.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

"BOOM".....The myth is exploded.

Spend a bit of time down in section "8" ville if you want the real scoop and a slice of the truth. Be ready as you might not like the reality it exposes. 95% of the Progressive hype is :bs: and the MSM is reading from prepared scripts. Yes I have done my time in and around those areas. There are some stellar people to be found. I have made some fair acquaintances from my work. But right next door and just down the block and across the street...…..Well, you already know.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Maybe you should have kept reading.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "BOOM".....The myth is exploded.

Spend a bit of time down in section "8" ville if you want the real scoop and a slice of the truth. Be ready as you might not like the reality it exposes. 95% of the Progressive hype is :bs: and the MSM is reading from prepared scripts. Yes I have done my time in and around those areas. There are some stellar people to be found. I have made some fair acquaintances from my work. But right next door and just down the block and across the street...…..Well, you already know.

So what exactly are you guys saying?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom