Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Eh, I don't know if I'd go as far as saying it's spitting on our most sacred traditions. But also, I would not consider the honorable ceremony as theater either. It's important to many people who served. They want to honor fallen soldiers' sacrifice. It's something I don't fully understand myself not being in the military. But I understand enough to know it's more than theater to many of them.

I am fairly certain Pelosi has never served in the armed forces so she has no clue what the flag means to them as she has no baseline for it. To her I suspect it's just another prop to use as she sees fit to pander to get base.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nah. The theater part is piglosi pandering to black voters with her disgusting sacrilege.

In no way is it theater to present the family of a fallen veteran the burial flag.

I am fairly certain Pelosi has never served in the armed forces so she has no clue what the flag means to them as she has no baseline for it. To her I suspect it's just another prop to use as she sees fit to pander to get base.

Go back and see the edit. Pelosi's little act was absolutely theater. Everything she does is theater. She's so far separated from her duty as Speaker that she thinks her duty is to destroy republicans.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Sporting events are typically the largest public gatherings that occur frequently in this country. If not there, when and where else should the anthem be played before the general public?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Seems like that’d be a false arrest, possibly future litigation. Ridiculous they arrest people not breaking any laws, but let people burning down a city and looting stores walk right by them. I’m slowly losing faith in our country

They were detained after one of them shot someone 4 times. Appeared to be justified, but everyone with guns got cuffed.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    They were detained after one of them shot someone 4 times. Appeared to be justified, but everyone with guns got cuffed.
    Well in that case I agree with the detaining. It’s amazing how bits of info being left out can make something seem a lot worse than it really is. Thanks for clearing it up

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Sporting events are typically the largest public gatherings that occur frequently in this country. If not there, when and where else should the anthem be played before the general public?
    As I said upthread, I like it played before sporting events. I think 90% of the country wouldn’t even know the words if it weren’t. But I also understand that by making it so mainstream and common that it in a way loses its meaning, people don’t even stop to think about the meaning of the words, they think it’s just part of the show now.

What it means to me is a way to honor our fallen before the beginning of an event, since it is the fallen who gives us the freedoms to enjoy the event in the first place. I just don’t want people to become so used to it that they don’t pay attention to it’s purpose. That’s all.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    As I said upthread, I like it played before sporting events. I think 90% of the country wouldn’t even know the words if it weren’t. But I also understand that by making it so mainstream and common that it in a way loses its meaning, people don’t even stop to think about the meaning of the words, they think it’s just part of the show now.

What it means to me is a way to honor our fallen before the beginning of an event, since it is the fallen who gives us the freedoms to enjoy the event in the first place. I just don’t want people to become so used to it that they don’t pay attention to it’s purpose. That’s all.

I agree, and my question wasn’t directed specifically at you.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Talk about leaving out a lot of info...

One of the militia members was leaving, and rioters started yelling "KILL HIM!" and chasing him. Someone ran up and hit him with a skateboard and a group started beating on him while he was on the ground. He pulled a pistol and shot one of the people.

Basically the most justified a personal defense shooting can be.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Talk about leaving out a lot of info...

One of the militia members was leaving, and rioters started yelling "KILL HIM!" and chasing him. Someone ran up and hit him with a skateboard and a group started beating on him while he was on the ground. He pulled a pistol and shot one of the people.

Raw video - Post 3190

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So does anyone know anything about the New Mexico Civil Guard? Their facebook page seems to be shut down. Some left wing sites are claiming that they're white nationalists trying to start a racial war, much like the motivations of the Christchurch shooter in New Zealand. I'm not really finding any confirmation of that. They claim they were there just to protect property. So on the one hand they're doing the lord's work. On the other, they're white nationalists who are trying to sow civil unrest. I'd like to find where in the middle the truth lies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So does anyone know anything about the New Mexico Civil Guard? Their facebook page seems to be shut down. Some left wing sites are claiming that they're white nationalists trying to start a racial war, much like the motivations of the Christchurch shooter in New Zealand. I'm not really finding any confirmation of that. They claim they were there just to protect property. So on the one hand they're doing the lord's work. On the other, they're white nationalists who are trying to sow civil unrest. I'd like to find where in the middle the truth lies.

Burn loot and murder calls everyone they disagree with white supremacists.

They'd absolutely call you one.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It was reported by local news that the New Mexico Civil Guard disclaimed the guy who did the shooting. They said he wasn't with them. For what that's worth.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Burn loot and murder calls everyone they disagree with white supremacists.

They'd absolutely call you one.

I don't doubt that. But sometimes they are white nationalists. I'd like to find out what is the deal with this group. Their facebook page was apparently taken down.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

I will find the video from #itisgoingdown ,but it showed they had Hispanic and black members and still #itisgoingdown called them white nationalists. Looking for the video.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom