Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump expected to unveil a police reform executive order tomorrow. Meritt Law says he's scheduled to speak during a Rose Garden event with Trump and AG Barr, the EO would "acknowledge systemic racism in policing"

Who knows if true

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    There is no way the DNC will not insist on a Black VP, and probably a female. I don’t think Biden has any other choice. I’m not sure it would be Stacy Abrams but it will likely be someone like that. Democrats have put themselves in that place.

I think the VP pick will be very interesting. If it is Abrams or someone on her level, that seems like a pretty clear signal that the Biden campaign is just phoning it in and the DNC doesn't want to risk tainting a future potentially viable candidate.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    There is no way the DNC will not insist on a Black VP, and probably a female. I don’t think Biden has any other choice. I’m not sure it would be Stacy Abrams but it will likely be someone like that. Democrats have put themselves in that place.

It's a sticky wicket - play to the base and your "morals", or go for the win.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The ones we owe an apology to are the marijuana users who have gone to, or are still, in prison.

**** slavery. Let's do something for the men and women who ended up in Hell because of draconian drug laws.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The ones we owe an apology to are the marijuana users who have gone to, or are still, in prison.

**** slavery. Let's do something for the men and women who ended up in Hell because of draconian drug laws.

See, if you keep agreeing with me like this I'm going to start questioning my reality... this simulation is getting weird.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

At least they're alive now. No one who was a slave or owned slaves is alive now.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    See, if you keep agreeing with me like this I'm going to start questioning my reality... this simulation is getting weird.

Just trying to be solutions oriented. How to reduce police interaction for non-violent offenses? Reduce Terry stops. Reduce home entry warrants. Decriminalize drug use.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

You're not really on INGO, and neither am I.

pill.jpg

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

It won't take long after legalizing marijuana that it will turn into one more welfare program where the dumocraps use tax payer money to buy drugs for low income people to bribe people for votes.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yep. Let the ******* drivers do whatever they want without consequence.

I'd rather police let someone go on 465 if they aren't doing anything other than driving excessively fast.
    If they're driving violently and recklessly on top of that, sure go for it.

But having a cop pull over someone for breaking the speed limit, only for it to create an hour long traffic jam with the potential for causing crashes or endangering the officer's life over something so petty, I find absolutely ridiculous. More often than not, that police car forcing traffic to merge or lock up the brakes causes far more potential for harm than someone breaking a speed limit.

Now, blasting around housing additions way over the speed limit? Around houses where kids may be playing outside? Absolutely ruin their day.

Speed limits in this country are ridiculous, if you've ever been over seas. Anywhere that's 55 here would be around 80 there.

P.S. I used to drive a school bus route from Martinsville to Indianapolis and had to spend about half of my day on 465 every day. I can't blast in a school bus above 55 for legal reasons, but I could have certainly done without the traffic jams.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I'd rather police let someone go on 465 if they aren't doing anything other than driving excessively fast.
    If they're driving violently and recklessly on top of that, sure go for it.

But having a cop pull over someone for breaking the speed limit, only for it to create an hour long traffic jam with the potential for causing crashes or endangering the officer's life over something so petty, I find absolutely ridiculous. More often than not, that police car forcing traffic to merge or lock up the brakes causes far more potential for harm than someone breaking a speed limit.

Now, blasting around housing additions way over the speed limit? Around houses where kids may be playing outside? Absolutely ruin their day.

Speed limits in this country are ridiculous, if you've ever been over seas. Anywhere that's 55 here would be around 80 there.

P.S. I used to drive a school bus route from Martinsville to Indianapolis and had to spend about half of my day on 465 every day. I can't blast in a school bus above 55 for legal reasons, but I could have certainly done without the traffic jams.

80 kph is only about 50 mph.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom