Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Probably not. But yeah, lets get rid of traffic stops so no one gets their stolen car or gun back, people with serious felony warrants aren't apprehended, and missing or sex-trafficked kids aren't found.

Since all the beer virus :bs: it sounds like a bike race track out my way. They just settled down a bit ago. Some serious racing going on. Yeah that cool.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yep. Let the ******* drivers do whatever they want without consequence.
    I wouldn’t say all stops. But some of you guys are more selective about what you pull people over for. The stretch of highway near me still has a 55mph speed limit. Hell, the bypass around New Albany was just raised to 65, but then the speed limit goes down to 55 on I64 because that’s a “drug corridor”. They keep fighting calls to raise the speed limit because they get to use it as a speed trap for pretextual stops.

Well, no. Stop it. No more of that. There’s no reason the speed limit can’t be 65 through that stretch of I64. And pulling people over for some ticky tack bull**** so that you (rhetorically “you”) can gin up reasonable suspicion to search someones car is creating a potentially dangerous encounter that didn’t need to happen. Not saying every cop does that or every department does that.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Man I hope that was intended purple.

Seriously.
    Not really. Some traffic enforcement is fine. The level is has gotten too is ridiculous. Stealth cars using radar on people going the other way. It's about getting those interactions. We've gotten to the point where traffic stops are an excuse to go fishing for other stuff. "Do you have any drugs or illegal substances?" "Do you have a large amount of cash?" blah blah blah. If it was about getting people to slow down, they would have much more success with obvious police cars driving down the road or sitting in plain site.

I was stopped in one of those drug sweeps for failure to signal a lane change when I went to the left lane to give a police car on the shoulder room. All the cop wanted to do was look in my car. I was stopped and let go.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not really. Some traffic enforcement is fine. The level is has gotten too is ridiculous. Stealth cars using radar on people going the other way. It's about getting those interactions. We've gotten to the point where traffic stops are an excuse to go fishing for other stuff. "Do you have any drugs or illegal substances?" "Do you have a large amount of cash?" blah blah blah. If it was about getting people to slow down, they would have much more success with obvious police cars driving down the road or sitting in plain site.

I was stopped in one of those drug sweeps for failure to signal a lane change when I went to the left lane to give a police car on the shoulder room. All the cop wanted to do was look in my car. I was stopped and let go.

I was pulled over and searched as well a few years ago. LEO said I did not signal a lane change. I stated I had been in the same lane since I got on that street and had been for miles so when and where did that happen. He started his fishing routine to which I stated he just needed to give me the ticket so I could move on down the road. It went all the way to the idiot dog sniffing around my van. The wife and I quietly sat through this :bs: and was informed we were to get out and stand on the curb. Mind you neither of us are drug users. What was a bit intense for those guys searching my van was the firearms they found./ We were on our wat North east to meet some friends for a day of gun powder therapy. Holy mother of God one of those fools went ape ****. This was the State boys by the way working the 38th st corridor. Cooler heads prevailed when some gold badge showed up and let us go. To say we were both seriously pissed off was no where near the actual level of pissed.
    Stupid dog routine is a farce. And just an excuse to get inside. **** that ****.

The look on those guys faces when they pulled out the custom stuff was priceless. ****ing idiots.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I was pulled over and searched as well a few years ago. LEO said I did not signal a lane change. I stated I had been in the same lane since I got on that street and had been for miles so when and where did that happen. He started his fishing routine to which I stated he just needed to give me the ticket so I could move on down the road. It went all the way to the idiot dog sniffing around my van. The wife and I quietly sat through this :bs: and was informed we were to get out and stand on the curb. Mind you neither of us are drug users. What was a bit intense for those guys searching my van was the firearms they found./ We were on our wat North east to meet some friends for a day of gun powder therapy. Holy mother of God one of those fools went ape ****. This was the State boys by the way working the 38th st corridor. Cooler heads prevailed when some gold badge showed up and let us go. To say we were both seriously pissed off was no where near the actual level of pissed.
    Stupid dog routine is a farce. And just an excuse to get inside. **** that ****.

The look on those guys faces when they pulled out the custom stuff was priceless. ****ing idiots.

Reform for this kind of nonsense I could get behind, 'defunding' the police whatever that means not so much.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Something like 75% of the times drug sniffing dogs were used for reasonable suspicion to search a vehicle, no drugs were found. So in those cases the dogs were used as a RAS generator so that they could get around the rules that protect you from unreasonable searches. Just stop it. A stop shouldn't be a precursor to searching a vehicle.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Reform for this kind of nonsense I could get behind, 'defunding' the police whatever that means not so much.

Okay. So how about reducing the funding for drug sniffing dogs? I think they have a legitimate use. A "reasonable suspicion" generator isn't a legitimate use.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Nice. That is exactly the crap I am talking about. That video someone posted of the guy pulled over for going 5 MPH under the speed limit is another good example.

They had traffic stops before the war on drugs went into high gear. Just no where near the rate we do now.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Yeah, my wife was pulled over for that in the plains area of Colorado by a state trooper when we were on vacation. As far as the eye could see there was only us and a Truck that my wife passed. And that ********** pulled us over for that ****. Of course he went through the do you have any xyz in the car. No we don't. Then the smarmy ******* lectured us about signaling lane changes. He actually made my wife promise to signal in the future so that he could let her off with a warning. :xmad:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

No fan of defunding. None.
    Just stop with the Bravo Sierra fishing expeditions.
    I got the same line of crap from a Speedway cop last year. I was 5 over the limit but running right with traffic and he did the whole where you going where you been Bla Bla Bla. Shove that **** it is absolutely none of your damned business. You all know I am in lockstep with all of our LEO. But that crap irritates the hell out of me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, my wife was pulled over for that in the plains area of Colorado by a state trooper when we were on vacation. As far as the eye could see there was only us and a Truck that my wife passed. And that ********** pulled us over for that ****. Of course he went through the do you have any xyz in the car. No we don't. Then the smarmy ******* lectured us about signaling lane changes. He actually made my wife promise to signal in the future so that he could let her off with a warning. :xmad:

Well at least you missed out on the officer sniffy Bravo Sierra.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well at least you missed out on the officer sniffy Bravo Sierra.

Well. He could have called for officer sniffy I guess. But he peered into a car packed with vacation crap with a grumpy upper-middle aged man in the passenger seat, an annoyed and nervous upper-middle aged woman behind the wheel. And a geeky teen lounging in the back seat, head phones on, playing video games, oblivious to what was going on. We couldn't have signaled family vacation any brighter if our grand cherokee had neon "vacation" lights.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Uniquenateo
    Top Bottom