Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Feds swarmed that refuge in the middle of no where, shooting those who dared step foot off of it.

I simply expect antifa to get the exact same treatment.

To be honest, I expect far worse treatment, as this is in a state's capitol, and it's 7 blocks, with numerous businesses and individuals being held hostage by warlords.

Yeah, it's a state's capitol.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    That's not my point. Do I think these ANTIFA gangs need a serious smack down? Sure do. But I think that because of their actions, not because of which side they're on. Nor do I think the President should be the one deciding to invade. Or someone from eight states over... something, something ... states rights...

"State's rights" used to be an argument to justify slavery. Now it's an argument to justify Americans being forced to show ID to enter an "occupied zone" by non-government forces because "tHe liBtArDs dEsErVe iT?"

Oh, and where was your outrage when Occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge was going on?

I remember calling them out for the idiots that they were, and laughing at them being upset over receiving sex toys in the mail. :):

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Let me try this again...

:rolleyes:

dwuig5F.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And you're going to compare that hostage situation to a wild life refuge in the middle of no where that was empty.

:rolleyes:

Merely pointing out that outrage is selective.

If Seattle and Washington state want help, it's up to them to ask.

Wait - "Hostage Situation?" Why are you elevating this? Is anyone being held against their will?
    "I can't get to my home/business" != "I'm being held captive"

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Fencing off public property and private property that doesn't belong to others, using armed guards to preventing people from using public spaces, demanding IDs based on no law whatsoever, extorting local business for "protection," threatening to burn down the police station... that's quite the First Amendment penumbra.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Wait - "Hostage Situation?" Why are you elevating this? Is anyone being held against their will?

Citizens of the US have rights protected by the government. When local government has collapsed and the people are being taken hostage by armed terrorist groups, it's up to the federal government to restore law and order, or they are derelict in their duty to uphold the social contract with the people.

Unless you believe that we should start slavery back up, and expect the government to stand down.

As far as your edit goes, those businesses are being shook down now for bitcoin protection money.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

What if they are complicit? Change the flag to 49 stars?

If a foreign country occupied a major American city and forced residents to show ID under force of arms, we'd be launching airstrikes right now.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Would the same logic apply if say, isis took over Seattle? Should the feds wait for Washington state to ask for assistance?

Just curious how this all works

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Fencing off public property and private property that doesn't belong to others, using armed guards to preventing people from using public spaces, demanding IDs based on no law whatsoever, extorting local business for "protection," threatening to burn down the police station... that's quite the First Amendment penumbra.

That's a pretty pathetic straw man.

When has anyone here said any of these action are covered under the first amendment?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'll admit, I don't know.

There is a difference here, these ANTIFA folks are US citizens.

I'm sure there's a lot of ISIS fighters who hold or held US citizenship. What difference does that make?

They declared themselves no longer a part of the United States. You might as well get past your line of reasoning because even they disagree with you.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Citizens of the US have rights protected by the government. When local government has collapsed and the people are being taken hostage by armed terrorist groups, it's up to the federal government to restore law and order, or they are derelict in their duty to uphold the social contract with the people.

Unless you believe that we should start slavery back up, and expect the government to stand down.

As far as your edit goes, those businesses are being shook down now for bitcoin protection money.

Government collapsed? That's certainly hyperbolic.

If business are being shook down, well, that's nothing new and has been dealt with in manners that don't require the military.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Government collapsed? That's certainly hyperbolic.

If business are being shook down, well, that's nothing new and has been dealt with in manners that don't require the military.

Their police department was over-run and they no longer possess the capacity to enforce law and order in the region.

What exactly do you consider "collapsed," if not that?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm sure there's a lot of ISIS fighters who hold or held US citizenship. What difference does that make?

They declared themselves no longer a part of the United States. You might as well get past your line of reasoning because even they disagree with you.

OK, then let's look at it from a political perspective - how does a "military invasion" help or hurt Trump in the upcoming election with swing voters?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    OK, then let's look at it from a political perspective - how does a "military invasion" help or hurt Trump in the upcoming election with swing voters?

So your argument is that the constitution should be null and void because protecting the innocent would be politically inconvenient?

While I don't believe intervention is a good idea for most of these riots, setting the precedent that terror groups can take and hold territory without consequences is taking that a step too far.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I thought about this too. I’m sure that’s probably divided down the middle honestly. I’m sure some want them to be shown this won’t be accepted, and others feel using military against citizens is too far. Interesting to see what happens honestly. They’ve almost created a lose lose situation.

So how would you feel about other citizens going to take it back instead of the government? Fight a militia with a militia?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom