Not open for further replies.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    It should work splendidly.......

911 Operator: Hello this is 911 how may I help you?

Caller Karen: Someone is breaking into my house I need the police right away!

911 Operator: Ok no problem. You do know that after the police were de-funded all of our services are now pre-pay. Do you want to continue?

Caller Karen: Yes, yes someone is in my house now! Hurry!

911 Operator: Ok great. Do you need one officer or would you like us to send two today?

Caller Karen: Send 2 or 3 whatever you have I'm freaking out here!

911 Operator: Ok we're almost done here. The first officer is $150 per hour and each additional is $100 per hour. Do you still want 3?

Caller Karen: OMG ,yes they're right outside my bedroom door!

911 Operator: Oh that's unfortunate but we're almost done here. Do you want the officers to bring weapons? If so that is an additional $75 each and you will be billed later after an inventory of ammo used is completed. Now will that be Visa or Mastercard? I'll take that card number now if you're ready.

Caller Karen: I can't find my card! OMG! OMG!........................................

911 Operator: Oh, I'm so sorry. You'll have to call back I have other calls coming in. Have a nice day.

they didn’t say they would send a police officer, just you fund it. Their plan is NO police!

Social workers or medics could respond to situations once handled by police.”

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I have no idea if this has been brought up yet as I haven't read back very much, but I'm seeing that Minneapolis wants to replace police with social workers. As a social worker, I'm going to go ahead and say that's a hard no from me. I'd be happy to work along with police if there is someone having a psychotic episode or other mental health concern, but calling social workers for violent crime is absolutely ridiculous.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    My understanding is that the "defund the police" in Minneapolis will be a way to try and start over, with separate localities/neighborhoods taking over policing activities. Basically decentralize it. With some aspects of "demilitarizing" it, but since alot of the DOD hand-me-down stuff is nearly free, I'm not sure what all that means.

Maybe some good deals on low-mileage MRAPs.

The idea of replacing police with social workers is an extreme idea, not actually held by the people making the decisions.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Disband the police department...

In a high crime democrat run hell hole...

"PROVEN COMMUNITY-LED PUBLIC SAFETY"

You already know how this is gonna turn out... Just what the hell do those idiots consider "proven" or "community-led" for that matter? Gang enforcers on every corner? Perhaps some new DNC owned, operated, and led force... AKA brown shirts?

The "COMMUNITY" is what you idiots destroyed... it's what you need to protect the decent people from...

https://theappeal.org/minneapolis-c...O86_wu1JutIxSXWctz3h8FW0oXJK3QZfIbljZ74zxgu4k

The history books... if they are allowed to be accurate... will not be kind to this chapter (possibly the last) of the American saga.

Last edited:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Here's my predication: this new community based model will receive accolade after accolade from the media darlings and the chattering class. There will be studies conducted with all the right buzzwords. Any issues will be downplayed, if they are even reported at all. Violent incidents will be branded as right wing smears, or the work of white supremacists out to cause violence. There will be a splurge of funding to a variety of community based groups and activities, to keep everyone happy and playing nicely. In a few months, well before the real cracks in the system could appear, other large cities will start signalling that they are moving in this direction too.

So, how will Minneapolis and their lack of police interface with Federal law enforcement?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The idea of "community policing" is not new. There are aspects of it that are beneficial. IMPD used to use (maybe still does?) some version of this. The idea is that the officers in any given area get to know, and become known by, the people in that area. So they aren't really strangers.

It is a strategy that might be useful in Minneapolis, along with other training.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    My understanding is that the "defund the police" in Minneapolis will be a way to try and start over, with separate localities/neighborhoods taking over policing activities. Basically decentralize it. With some aspects of "demilitarizing" it, but since alot of the DOD hand-me-down stuff is nearly free, I'm not sure what all that means.

The idea of replacing police with social workers is an extreme idea, not actually held by the people making the decisions.
    I really hope that's the case! To be fair, I saw an article in the Daily Mail talking about completely replacing police, and I know they aren't the most reputable news source. It just said that BLM organizers are now calling for not only defunding, but complete disbanding of the police.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

The Minneapolis City Council President disagrees with you. She envisions a future without police, and she is setting the scene for that: https://twitter.com/i/status/1269981173746262016

And needing the police in an emergency "comes from a place of privilege".

So, if various locales are taking over policing, is this the creation of militia groups?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)

from the ny post article, it sounds like that suggestion was coming from the city council president Lisa bender.
    full paragraph:

Bender told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that she envisions replacing a traditional police department with a broader, more holistic public safety department geared toward violence prevention and community services. Social workers or medics could respond to situations once handled by police, she said.
    Council member Steve Fletcher outlined the concept in an article published in Time on Friday, arguing that incremental reforms to policing have not worked.

So yea, this is their leadership’s grand plan.

source
    https://nypost.com/2020/06/07/minneapolis-city-council-plans-to-disband-the-police-department/

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    There are much deeper issues in our communities today. The problem is with mentality. It isn’t specific to one race or another, and it isn’t shared by all those experiencing poverty. The people committing violent crimes don’t want a social worker to talk to, or a minister to pray with them, or a regular job. It’s a mentality borne of thinking rules don’t apply and nobody outside himself/herself matters. Until that mentality changes, none of this will get better. We can’t arrest it away, either. We can only confront it and try to keep good people safe from it to the best of our ability. The more we hamper those efforts with virtue signaling and feel-good efforts, the more we tie the hands of those trying to confront it. I realize I’m preaching to the choir with this, but good people need to realize these things.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The Minneapolis City Council President disagrees with you. She envisions a future without police, and she is setting the scene for that: https://twitter.com/i/status/1269981173746262016

And needing the police in an emergency "comes from a place of privilege".

So, if various locales are taking over policing, is this the creation of militia groups?

from the ny post article, it sounds like that suggestion was coming from the city council president Lisa bender.
    full paragraph:

Bender told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that she envisions replacing a traditional police department with a broader, more holistic public safety department geared toward violence prevention and community services. Social workers or medics could respond to situations once handled by police, she said.
    Council member Steve Fletcher outlined the concept in an article published in Time on Friday, arguing that incremental reforms to policing have not worked.

source
    https://nypost.com/2020/06/07/minneapolis-city-council-plans-to-disband-the-police-department/

Interesting.

I have extended family in the MSP area and they, while absolutely on the liberal end of the spectrum, aren't of the same mind, although they do think the MPD is corrupt and unrecoverable. They are in favor of the decentralized model (although I'm not sure they really understand the tradeoffs).

They also understand that a certain level of "change" (or "appeasement") will be required. This would be a dramatic-sounding move that would likely satisfy many of the protesters up there.

And, who knows - it might actually be an improvement.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    full paragraph:

source

Don't forget council member Jeremiah Ellison who officially supports antifa and seems to influence lisa bender quite a bit.
    https://nypost.com/2020/06/01/minnesota-ag-keith-ellisons-son-declares-support-for-antifa/

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    It makes very little sense for these pukes to do this to their own city. Even animals know you don't s*** where you eat.

hbdEVqu.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Whatever is rolled out won't satisfy the radical factions, unless it is eliminating law enforcement all together.

As with most political decisions, it really isn't about appeasing the ends of the spectrum. It is about appeasing most of the people voting. Now, if that radical end has enough voters, then yeah - you get really stupid ideas taking hold.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom