• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxmustang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Found a decent supply of bulk boxes of at a LGS while shopping for reloading supplies. I jokingly asked the clerk if they had any 22 bulk boxes and.an unexpected "yes" came out of his mouth. He then showed me a pretty impressive stash of Aguila bulk boxes. He then said i prolly wont like the price. And out of curiosity i asked how much. $100\500, he then went on to tell me that is half of what they were going for online. I politely paid for my things and left. I just think hell will freeze over before I pay more to shoot my 22s than my handguns and big rifles(with handloads of course).

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    That explains why they have a stash of them left :).

Here's hoping they didn't pay any more for them than 'normal' so when the panic bubble bursts they're not left taking a loss on ammo they couldn't move.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Found a decent supply of bulk boxes of at a LGS while shopping for reloading supplies. I jokingly asked the clerk if they had any 22 bulk boxes and.an unexpected "yes" came out of his mouth. He then showed me a pretty impressive stash of Aguila bulk boxes. He then said i prolly wont like the price. And out of curiosity i asked how much. $100\500, he then went on to tell me that is half of what they were going for online. I politely paid for my things and left. I just think hell will freeze over before I pay more to shoot my 22s than my handguns and big rifles(with handloads of course).

Please let us/me know what shop that was.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Just be sure to remember these shops when things calm down!

Remember what? That if many of them didn't increase their prices along with everyone else they may not have been able to survive the massive supply shortage? Or remember them as a business that was one of VERY FEW places who had what you wanted, but couldn't afford to just give it away which is what you really wanted...

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Would be nice to know where this was. I have plenty but some of the old guys that go into my cousin's barbershop need some and can't find any.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Remember what? That if many of them didn't increase their prices along with everyone else they may not have been able to survive the massive supply shortage? Or remember them as a business that was one of VERY FEW places who had what you wanted, but couldn't afford to just give it away which is what you really wanted...
    All I was saying is that in my opinion $100 a brick for 22's is crazy! As the poster even stated he walked away. I agree with foxmustang 100%!

foxmustang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne

I called a shop just over the border in Ohio that just sold the last box for $22.50. And they are even smaller than the shop I was at earlier. That's 5x the price.

Fort Liberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Would be nice to know where this was. I have plenty but some of the old guys that go into my cousin's barbershop need some and can't find any.

I had a group of older guys say they heard I had .22 while they were at a barbershop. They told a bunch of people, we easily went through 10,000 rounds of mini mags.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    OK, y'all quit complaining. Just go stand in the cold outside of Gander Mountain tomorrow at 0700 for two hours until they open and you can get your .22LR just like everyone else. If you get there after 0800 you might as well go home cuz those first 20 in the door will buy everything they have. It's every man for himself and the devil takes the last one in line.

Get used to it my friends. It is only the beginning of sorrows. Evil people now control the nation, and it will only get worse.

heatman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Sheridan
    It's still out there guys. I ordered 2,000 rounds of federal 22lr online Saturday being delivered tomorrow to my door for $125. Just takes time to find the deals. Just got 500 rounds of AE .223 brass for $200 a couple weeks ago. Just for personal use. I could never bring myself to do what others are doing right now.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    All I was saying is that in my opinion $100 a brick for 22's is crazy! As the poster even stated he walked away. I agree with foxmustang 100%!
    Walked away, leaving them still on the shelf for somebody else who obviously needs them more. If they were $0.01/each - you think the OP would have bought just one? No - they would have bought every box leaving none for anybody else.

Supply and demand, glorious stuff when you need something and there is no supply or the demand is simply beyond what supply can make available at what most consider a 'normal' price.

foxmustang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    He was at Hillside I will bet. I was in there yesterday and that is the amount and same price they had on hand. Its in Roanoke.

You my friend hit the nail on the head. The thing that got me was everything else in the shop was reasonably priced. I don't mind paying a little more. I understand the circumstances, but the 22 was more than I wanted to pay. I didn't buy every primer and powder they had there, even though I could have resold it for more.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I saw a 500 round brick go for $220 at a gun auction a couple of weeks ago so $100/ isn't a bad deal. I wouldn't pay it but the lgs is right, idiots are paying a lot more than that for it.

It'll be entertaining later to see these guys sitting on very expensive piles of 22lr though. I talked to one guy that was scalping it, he said he had over 25k rounds and was selling it for $100/500. Said they were selling like hotcakes, (doubt it).

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom