Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would say that he's trying to impose an arbitrarily stricter standard than the conversation implied. That's one way you can accuse your opponent of being wrong when they're not strictly wrong.

Finally, someone gets what I've been trying to get across. Careful, you may be accused of policing the forum now...

Still find it weird using the word "opponent" when it comes to what should amount to a "conversation".

Must be that seasonal affective disorder making everyone adversarial.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    GAO maybe? If we’re gonna focus on terms and minutiae, I believe it was GAO, the Government Accountability Office. But, I may be incorrect as well.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You know that the above doesn’t make a lick of sense right. Though I was amused at your attempt to parse the word “entire.”

C'mon man. Yer nit picking. You know what he means. And what he said isn't out of line with reality after he's clarified his point. I mean, turns out I didn't misunderstand what he was saying. He can be more precise with his language so that you can't impose a stricter standard on the conversation than there was. But this is just an internet forum. People talk like they talk. Instead of insisting that he's wrong, why not try to figure out what he's saying first, and then argue with what he's actually saying? :dunno:

I guess doing it that way would make less drama.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Finally, someone gets what I've been trying to get across. Careful, you may be accused of policing the forum now...

Still find it weird using the word "opponent" when it comes to what should amount to a "conversation".

Must be that seasonal affective disorder making everyone adversarial.

No. I'm policing Kut. That's allowed. :lmfao:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    From the GOA ruling:
    “Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law.”

:dunno:

Then why was Obama not impeached? After all the same GOA found that the Obama administration violated federal law SEVEN times.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh, and when you have someone saying "You're wrong." That's kinda adversarial. I think it's fair to say "opponent".

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Then why was Obama not impeached? After all the same GOA found that the Obama administration violated federal law SEVEN times.

They filed lawsuits like the law prescribes, and the courts settled it. Not sure why that didn't happen this time. :dunno:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    You know that the above doesn’t make a lick of sense right. Though I was amused at your attempt to parse the word “entire.”

You separated out the university level as the only level that leans left. I replied that every level leans left - every ****ing level - the entire group of levels.

Maybe there is a better word than 'entire' but your playing semantics is really disingenuous and **** up the conversation. Way to go.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No. I'm policing Kut. That's allowed. :lmfao:

giphy.gif

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I am cracking up.

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Eh. Whatever.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Don't misquote me, I said that it has been TRENDING left consistently.

Specifically grades 1-12 and not in all classrooms but it has been trending left of center, college has leaned way center left for quite some time, and there has been no attempt to hide it.

Educators have actively employed a pattern of indoctrination of their beliefs instead of teaching and allowing YOUNG ONES TO FORM their own opinion based on the facts.

I didn't misquote you. Here follow along:

Each post is in response to the previous post-
    The entirety of the education system is out of balance and leaning way left.
    This is also false.
    What kind of fairy tale world are you living in?

The education system has been trending left consistently since I graduated HS in 1980, you need to take off both pairs of the Rose colored and Roy Orbison super dark tinted glasses.
    Otherwise just keep them on and believing the status quo that's being fed to you.
    :@ya:

NNBD said the entirety of the educational system.... leaning way left
    I said that is false
    You ask, quoting my comment, in response to NNBA, if I lived in a fairy tale world. Your defense, indicates that you are in agreement of the original post I commented on. If you had kept up with the string, you'd see where the notion originated.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I mean seriously. First I have to spread it around. Then when I do, I'm told I'm spreading it too much. WTF? :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I didn't misquote you. Here follow along:

Each post is in response to the previous post-

NNBD said the entirety of the educational system.... leaning way left
    I said that is false
    You ask, quoting my comment, in response to NNBA, if I lived in a fairy tale world. Your defense, indicates that you are in agreement of the original post I commented on. If you had kept up with the string, you'd see where the notion originated.

C'mon man. Let it go. Everyone knows what everyone meant now. There's no face left to save here.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    You separated out the university level as the only level that leans left. I replied that every level leans left - every ****ing level - the entire group of levels.

Maybe there is a better word than 'entire' but your playing semantics is really disingenuous and **** up the conversation. Way to go.

I have a few choice words I would love to say, but I have no intentions of becoming a Shooter on here, at least I don't bend, twist and manipulate to try and fit a argument or agenda.

TDS and the left are real world problems.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Just stop responding to him. It’s always a game of semantics, word twisting, and if you get irrefutable evidence suddenly no more replies. Best to save yourselves the headache and discuss with those who actually want to engage in a discussion instead of twisting everything you say and focusing on 1 or 2 words instead of the point as a whole.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You want to play whataboutism? Obama ain't in office. Should've brought it up back then.

Uh, it's not appropriate to impeach the president for that. Again, there is a remedy in the law prescribed for that. The lawsuits were filed. Obama got *****slapped by the courts, he was even fined for some violations. And then he complied with the courts' orders. Done. Not impeachable. If you're sane.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just stop responding to him. It’s always a game of semantics, word twisting, and if you get irrefutable evidence suddenly no more replies. Best to save yourselves the headache and discuss with those who actually want to engage in a discussion instead of twisting everything you say and focusing on 1 or 2 words instead of the point as a whole.

Eh. It's a hobby.

Edit: Added purple since INGO seems less capable of knowing when I'm joking lately.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom