• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    It was a beautiful Saturday morning, and what do I see on the Bloomington square. . .Behold, the Bloomington resistance.

scKxpGN.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Look in a mirror and you will see who they are protesting.

If you are not with them you are a Nazi.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    So they shut the Farmer's Market down for a couple of weeks, which basically gives these A-Holes a temporary victory. I can't wait to see how emboldened these pieces of **** become now.
    Does the Mayor understand why Farmers Markets are popular? The farmers pick their crop and sell FRESH food! Shutting it down in the middle of prime harvest season defeats the purpose. Perhaps the Mayor should do his job and instruct his police force to protect those following the law. Perhaps trespass the losers intimidating people.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I always thought Bloomington was kinda nice now it’s full of Hippies and Antifa!

Locals better stand up before it turns in San Francisco and they start pooping on the streets!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Does the Mayor understand why Farmers Markets are popular? The farmers pick their crop and sell FRESH food! Shutting it down in the middle of prime harvest season defeats the purpose. Perhaps the Mayor should do his job and instruct his police force to protect those following the law. Perhaps trespass the losers intimidating people.

FOOD DESERT!! :runaway::runaway:

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    Having a discussion about this whole mess with IU affiliated friends of my wife who were of course defending these asshats. That’s when I asked who will be next? If these people are allowed to destroy whoever they wish. Maybe Amish farmers who have a different view on abortion? Illegals? Climate change? You could have heard a pin drop. Scary ****.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Aren't teachers one of the first groups killed when these types gain power?

Only if they disagree with the incoming jackboots. In this case, they are perfectly fine as they are laying the groundwork for them.

Poppycock. That's just a bunch of out-group bias hogwash.

The only difference was our chosen career paths.

How many liberal arts and other useless degrees does Purdue churn out vs IU? I think that is an important distinction. (honest question, I have no idea, but my impression is IU is more general higher ed and PU focuses more on REAL degrees such as engineering. )

It's not like Ohio (thank goodness!) - you really don't see that much Badger apparel; mostly just a lot of hippie (or hipster) garb.

Weirdness this afternoon. Followed a guy wearing a tee shirt for an awesome Cincy based Ohio microbrew, while also wearing a Michigan baseball cap. As the husband of a rabid (OSU) Buckeye, I found that an odd dichotomy.

I always thought Bloomington was kinda nice now it’s full of Hippies and Antifa!

Locals better stand up before it turns in San Francisco and they start pooping on the streets!

You have no idea. They charge you tens of thousands of dollars per tree to cut down trees for development. My company wanted to build there and we had a choice between two nearby lots. One lot had lots of trees, the other not so much. The tree filled lot would have cost us as much as $100,000 just for the ability to cut down one old growth tree. As I recall the estimate was approaching $750,000 just in tree cutting fines alone. (The cost to cut down trees is based on their size; the bigger they are the more they cost). We ended up buying the less wooded lot. They still hammered us on what trees we could plant to replace what was cut down and how many. Our owner LOVES blue spruce. So he proposed planting LOTS of them... much more than was required I might add, as a natural privacy fence and was told "sorry, thats not a native species. Choose another because those dont count." When pressed due to their existence going back hundreds and hundreds of years they finally caved.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Now, if you want to say that drivers with IU plates are the worst of the lot, I won't disagree, but the explanation is different.
    I didn’t know you could even see the license plate from the drive thru window? Q: What’s a Purdue grad say to an IU grad? A: “Would you like fries with that?”

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I had no idea they threw something together this quickly, but Bloomington did have a Farmer's Market yesterday. A local company called Bloomingfoods helped organize the event in the parking lot of the vacant Kmart which is next to their East side store. According to the newspaper, the Market went exceptionally well with no signs of protestors. The vendor at the center of the controversy was not there yesterday. Good for some locals giving the gutless mayor the bird and showing that a few a-holes aren't going to ruin a good time for everyone.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    How many liberal arts and other useless degrees does Purdue churn out vs IU? I think that is an important distinction. (honest question, I have no idea, but my impression is IU is more general higher ed and PU focuses more on REAL degrees such as engineering. )
    IU is known for the Med School, Law School, School of ed, School of business, School of Dentistry, Nursing school. DOD has some great language programs through the Luger Hamilton School of International Studies. They do have some useless majors but that hardly defines the school. PU is know for it's mechanical and electrical engineering, school of veterinary science, aviation. Agriculture science. Both are great schools.

Top Bottom