• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Maybe we should do a social experiment. Let them have a state. I dunno. Say, New Jersey. Kick every capitalist out of the state of New Jersey and give it to the anarcho-communists. Wall it off. Let them feed and house themselves. Let them reap life without capitalism, and endure the logical conclusion of their Utopia.

No. If they want communism, let them leave the country and go find a communist country.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Maybe we should do a social experiment. Let them have a state. I dunno. Say, New Jersey. Kick every capitalist out of the state of New Jersey and give it to the anarcho-communists. Wall it off. Let them feed and house themselves. Let them reap life without capitalism, and endure the logical conclusion of their Utopia.

I thought that program was currently underway in California. It's just taking awhile to get rid of the capitalists.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I thought that program was currently underway in California. It's just taking awhile to get rid of the capitalists.

I know. Why give an otherwise beautiful state over to the commies. Give 'em New Jersey and give back California to sane people.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No. If they want communism, let them leave the country and go find a communist country.

To be fair, that's not a valid argument.

If it were just that I'd agree. The people who want communism now really haven't been given both sides of the argument. And the people who want it now have a much larger microphone than the people who oppose it do. It seems to be taught in schools now with a favorable bias, without a fair rebuttal. And a nation founded on the principles of individual liberty should not be so easily changed, by incremental simple votes.

So I think I'll go along with agreeing that if you really just have to live in communism, you should probably go find a communist country to live in, rather than making this country communist through a subversive campaign.

ETA: also, he's not really making an argument. He's just stating how he feels about it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If it were just that I'd agree. The people who want communism now really haven't been given both sides of the argument. And the people who want it now have a much larger microphone than the people who oppose it do. It seems to be taught in schools now with a favorable bias, without a fair rebuttal. And a nation founded on the principles of individual liberty should not be so easily changed, by incremental simple votes.

So I think I'll go along with agreeing that if you really just have to live in communism, you should probably go find a communist country to live in, rather than making this country communist through a subversive campaign.

The counterargument they would use, is to point out that the United States was created through a subversive campaign. And in theory, the tools exist within govt to make the nation communist if that's what the populace wanted.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    To be fair, that's not a valid argument.

Out of curiosity, why isn't it?

Edit- nevermind, you beat me to it.

I still say lets not ruin this great nation and make it like every other s***hole country. If they're going to bash this country, the flag, the constitution and our founders we should give them the boot.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Out of curiosity, why isn't it?

Edit- nevermind, you beat me to it.

I still say lets not ruin this great nation and make it like every other s***hole country. If they're going to bash this country, the flag, the constitution and our founders we should give them the boot.

I agree totally. I'd certainly oppose any attempt to turn our nation into a communist society, and if it did, I'd move.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The counterargument they would use, is to point out that the United States was created through a subversive campaign. And in theory, the tools exist within govt to make the nation communist if that's what the populace wanted.

Our founding could only be called subversive in a much more narrow context. This isn't one of those subjective "one person's terrorist is another person's freedom fighter" situations. Objectively, the communists want less liberty becuase they think it causes an unequal outcome. And there are very good arguments about why that's a bad thing. It is possible to change the constitution with sufficient ratification. But that would take decades more subversion to pull that off. It's pretty easy to pull it off in massive high-density urban areas like the coasts, and very large cities in between. You just have to get the right people on the school boards to get to students young enough to make sure they can't think for themselves by the time they get to college. But in the more rural states it's harder to achieve. That's why a majority of states have Republican governors. The sane people haven't been indoctrinated yet.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I agree totally. I'd certainly oppose any attempt to turn our nation into a communist society, and if it did, I'd move.

Okay but what if???? And I am just saying what if????? They had free Zima on tap, sequined thongs were provided by the state, and had a ratio of ten smoking hot Latina women (of every hue, dark to Casillian ivory) to every one man....

I bet you would get a hammer and sickle tattoo and change your name to Vlad.....:)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Okay but what if???? And I am just saying what if????? They had free Zima on tap, sequined thongs were provided by the state, and had a ratio of ten smoking hot Latina women (of every hue, dark to Casillian ivory) to every one man....

I bet you would get a hammer and sickle tattoo and change your name to Vlad.....:)

Da, comrade, Da.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    [video=youtube;cCNHLZN7gIk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCNHLZN7gIk[/video]

The thread title does say everything ANTIFA. :):

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Come on Bill, that is a tease. Google got nutin.

I am genuinely surprised. The way Tom said it, I figured a few of our readers would have heard it and at least a FEW listeners would have publicized it.

The middle two letters stand for "In" and "My", respectively.

The first requires a bit of creative license to come up with "Zomething's"

And I have no doubt that any B&T listener who can identify Tom's favorite part of the body to discuss can figure out the final letter's significance.

How's that for keeping a subject that is far from INGO-friendly, within bounds? :-D

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom