• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I was in IGC a few weeks ago. Didn't see much there at all. Mostly long guns. Even on a low-inventory day, I would guess that Elmore's will have 5x the number of truly high-end handguns (we're not talking Glocks here....) that IGC has on its best day of the year.

You can't be serious? I go into Elmores probably once a week and they usually have a couple of nighthawks and maybe a few Ed Browns and Dan Wessons after that it's the same handguns everybody else has. IGC has three shelves full of Wilsons and the same with Ed Brown and Nighthawk, there's no comparison. Perhaps when you went to IGC they were low just like everybody else but it is usually not the norm. Just at last weekends 1500 IGC had more high end handguns on their table than Elmores ever has. I visit both stores but IGC has outclassed Elmores in the high end 1911 game.

Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    Ive been in Elmore's a handful of times and had expiriences from one extreme to the other! I bought an M&P9c from them for my father. After going to the range with it he wanted a thumb safety added. A few weeks ago my father and I went in to see if they could put one on for him. No one said a word to us for about 15 minutes, finally my father asked one of the employees about the safety. The guy just smirked and said "why would you want to do that?" End result was "we dont have the part" to which I asked when they'd possibly have one. The response was "idk". We walked and went elsewhere. That was my worst expirience in Elmore's

On the other hand..

I visited Elmore's a few months back to check out some guns. I was looking at Glocks and Smith & Wessons. A taller skinnier guy with a beard (didnt catch his name) asked if I needed help. I told him I was just looking and was not prepared to make a purchase that day. He said "that doesnt matter, if you have questions let me know". I asked him numerous questions about 9mm vs .40. What manufacturer / model he suggested so on and so forth.. He was very helpful and never treated me like a nobody just because he was more knowledgable than I with firearms.

Other occassions I've stopped in Elmore's I did get the impression that their personal conversations took priority over helping customers and also felt like I was being judged if I asked an honest question that, maybe to them, was a stupid question. Overall I personally have not seen prices that beat Elmore's so I continue to go back AND when you can get a one on one conversation with the employees they all seem to be pretty well versed on any given firearm or accessory in the store. I guess its a give and take situation but in the end I will buy from them if I can save 50+ on any given gun. Just my :twocents:

I would agree Elmore's is an aquired taste!

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    I was in Elmore's the other day, all I can say is I'll remember your jacked-up prices when things return to normal.

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    You people that are in a panic because you didn't plan ahead, go on and pay those top dollar prices. The extra cost for being stupid and gullible .

No purple intended

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    its_alive.jpg

Top Bottom