• DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    I touched a squirrel once

Good touch or bad touch? :naughty:

To the OP, I agree that was a pretty crappy thing to do. Depending on how loud the bang was it probably would have scared the crap out of me too if I was focused on something else. I would have thought an AD or worse, especially in today's society.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I have been to Elmores a couple of times. I received ok service. My brother went in there and couldn't get any service at all. I have been told I look like a cop, whatever that means. He doesn't. It seems like one has to be LEO to shop there. As to the primer pop, They are loud in a confined space. And that alone was bad, ad the dog and the testosterone shower, and that was downright wrong. I haven't patronized there in a while because of my brothers experience and do not plan on going back. Bradis has great service.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Good touch or bad touch? :naughty:

To the OP, I agree that was a pretty crappy thing to do. Depending on how loud the bang was it probably would have scared the crap out of me too if I was focused on something else. I would have thought an AD or worse, especially in today's society.

Poked a sleeping squirrel once... freaked it out. But that was supposed to go in a different thread. Forgot what thread I was posting in.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    It was dumb...Whats more dumb is that THEY get offended and get on the offensive. More than likely you just embarressed the guy. That store is real hit or miss usually its a miss.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Never had a good experience at Elmore's. After 3-4 times going recently, I witnessed stupidity that only rivals that of Four Guns in Lafayette.

So neither store gets my business anymore.

KLGalloway

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Nice to know the Greenwood PD is the official enforcement arm for the owners of Elmores.

The Greenwood PD officer was very polite and just trying to defuse a volatile situation. He really didn’t do anything other than follow me to the door as I left. Pretty much the same as he would or should do with anyone having an issue with store personnel. The clerks, for good or bad, are the store owner’s representatives and have the right to ask me to leave which they did. I left as soon as the one clerk stopped flailing about and stepped back away counter so that I felt safe turning my back on him to go over to the door. I don’t actually think the officer was siding with the store personnel as much as making sure I got out in one piece.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The Greenwood PD officer was very polite and just trying to defuse a volatile situation. He really didn’t do anything other than follow me to the door as I left. Pretty much the same as he would or should do with anyone having an issue with store personnel. The clerks, for good or bad, are the store owner’s representatives and have the right to ask me to leave which they did. I left as soon as the one clerk stopped flailing about and stepped back away counter so that I felt safe turning my back on him to go over to the door. I don’t actually think the officer was siding with the store personnel as much as making sure I got out in one piece.

I was too harsh in my statement all the GPD folks I have seen in there have been friendly, I retract what I said. Sorry you had such a bad run-in I think the store personnel were just embarrassed as a previous poster had said and just got too defensive for their own good when you called them out on it. I think I was in the store when you were talking to Russ about Vietnam I remember a conversation about that.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    They're all holster sniffers down there. It's to bad that they treat citizens that way though because they do carry some interesting firearms and always have a good supply of parts. Oh well.... :dunno:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I have been to Elmore's 3 times also. Had already decided not to go back anyway. If what the OP said is true that's a really obnoxious thing to do.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Pretty sure that in this context Holster Sniffer refers to "wanna be cops" but I thought the other definition was funnier so I used that one.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Holster Sniffers? :laugh: Help me out with a definition on this one.
    I might be able to use this one on somebody.

We always used it as people that just sucked up to cops and cop wannabes. The girls that only dated cops we called something I can't type here. ;)

Top Bottom