• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I value High Ed when it is actually applied in an educated manner. Many smart folks out there with degrees and they actually use them.

I also know some seriously smart people with no degree that can run with and out run some of the big dogs that have a wall full of paper.

All depends on how you actually apply what you may have learned.

My twin boys are graduating from high school via YOU TUBE(thanks COVID) but to top that off the college they will be attending in the fall just sent them an e-mail stating that due to the George Floyd situation incoming Freshmen will be required to take extra Diversity & Cultural Awakening classes (they already were required to take one) and that there will be extra monitors on campus to watch for anything deemed offensive (doesn't say what qualifies) and these monitors will educate students basically when they exemplify white privilege. My sons just want to get an education and become engineers, not offend anyone. They have to get a degree to advance in their chosen field so I hope these monitors don't try and run off certain students.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    My twin boys are graduating from high school via YOU TUBE(thanks COVID) but to top that off the college they will be attending in the fall just sent them an e-mail stating that due to the George Floyd situation incoming Freshmen will be required to take extra Diversity & Cultural Awakening classes (they already were required to take one) and that there will be extra monitors on campus to watch for anything deemed offensive (doesn't say what qualifies) and these monitors will educate students basically when they exemplify white privilege. My sons just want to get an education and become engineers, not offend anyone. They have to get a degree to advance in their chosen field so I hope these monitors don't try and run off certain students.

Read between the lines.
    If your sons are white, that is not a safe situation to send them into.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I'd say that sucks but the reality is it doesn't even begin to approach what they are facing. I wish them and you luck. God what a mess.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    speaking of history & trying to Erase it...

try getting an original Mark Twain......

Tom Sawyer or Huckleberry Fin

@ the Indy library.....

they have only 35 or so heavily "edited" versions.

so much for trying to bend history to "your narrative"

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    speaking of history & trying to Erase it...

try getting an original Mark Twain......

Tom Sawyer or Huckleberry Fin

@ the Indy library.....

they have only 35 or so heavily "edited" versions.

so much for trying to bend history to "your narrative"

There were several copies of both at my local Goodwill last time I was there a few weeks ago.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    /\ Amen.

The virtue signaling has now gotten out of control. After all the crap I’ve had to deal with for the last week, all I wanted to do was play a game and get away from it all for a while. When I open it up, I’m greeted by this:

URL][IMG]

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    /\ Amen.

The virtue signaling has now gotten out of control. After all the crap I’ve had to deal with for the last week, all I wanted to do was play a game and get away from it all for a while. When I open it up, I’m greeted by this:

[URL]https://imgur.com/a/JkVbXbY[/URL][IMG][/QUOTE]

Not one dime. Just my :twocents:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Ive seen several pushing the narrative that we didnt break away due to Taxation Without Representation, but instead because the Brits decided to outlaw slavery. We didnt want to have to comply as a Brit colony so of course we revolted for that reason so we could keep our slaves. I cant say I have ever heard that conspiracy before the last several days. And as an RW history buff, I have studied the war a bit. Mind boggling.

This has been one of the main narratives to come out of the 1619 Project the New York Times put together to try and rewrite history.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    /\ Amen.

[URL]https://imgur.com/a/JkVbXbY[/URL][IMG][/QUOTE]

Nothing is sacred.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/kuEMaN4.jpg

0YsD1jc.png

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, like anything else, someone is gonna finish at the top of the class. Someone is going to be at the bottom and maybe pulled along by Daddy's money. :)

For every self-educated man, there's another who never bothered.

Grant West Point 21st out of 39

Longstreet West Point 54th out of 56

Patton West Point 46th out of 103

Rickover Naval Academy 107th out of 540

Eisenhower West Point 61st out of 77

It's not that we don't value formal education, it's that we don't see it as the be all/end all of a person's worth. The education gives you the tools, what is worthy of respect is what you accomplish with those tools

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

White privilege. I am still waiting on mine.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Is that your WoW account? If so, what happened for the suspension? That’s ludicrous.

I just canceled my login and took the app off my phone.

No, not my account. I refuse to support a company that is openly embracing the CCP.

Found it online.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No, not my account. I refuse to support a company that is openly embracing the CCP.

Found it online.

Read that carefully. That wasnt a "suspension". Expires 2120? How old will bruce be when that expires? That's no suspension... thats a ban.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    There were several copies of both at my local Goodwill last time I was there a few weeks ago.

that's great!

huck fin & tom sawyer with all the words.....

next time i'm near middle-earth I'll buy both... novels.....

I just hope they are the ones edited by lorretta lynch & eric holder
    & published by the indy star:)

Top Bottom