Southside Indy

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yeah the destructive, anti-American, fake news media are always protecting radical left groups
    If they even saw a shell casing on the ground though theyd be blaming the NRA and have no problem reporting it as fact even before the shell was cold.
    The media is just as much to blame as antifa

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    Wow, I just read through this entire thread. Interesting. Lots of assumptions and conjecture and BAD information. I took today and tomorrow off after working downtown the last 2 days. One of my gigs at work is I am part of the departments ERG (Event Response Group) Unit. This was our show from the last 3 days. I didn't work Friday but Saturday I worked from noon until 530 Sunday. Came back in Sunday at noon and amazingly enough I got home by midnight. In my 23 years as a LE, I've never seen anything like we were in Saturday. It was sheer hell. All day, during the peaceful protest, I had such bad feeling, tension was in the air. We knew that when the sun started going down, trouble was going to start. We've trained for these things for years but it never really prepares you for reality. The trouble makers were about 500 or so and when they broke up into groups of 3-5, they were too many to keep up with. We busted our humps trying to keep a lid on the violence. It was bad, really bad, but it could have been bad. The Mile Square was unrecognizable Saturday night. Between the fires, gas, destruction, chaos, it looked more like a 3rd world country. It was very sad as I LOVE downtown and we frequent it quite often. I only hope I can call this a once in a career incident. BTW, we learned Friday that protesters were monitoring our radio traffic and adjusting their tactics accordingly. Therefore, the entire dept switched to secure channels. Cut their intel source.

Indystar took some great pics.
    I'm the one with the Pepperball Launcher slung. This was the first set of arrests made at the beginning of the riots, in front of the City-County Building. My launcher broke at first trigger pull...I was pissed.
    Ba6faTP.jpg

They then swapped my old launcher for a newer one pictured (this is not me).
    4c1taec.jpg

I was kneeling down trying to talk to the guy we arrested in the first pic. He was being a mean as he could. Funny thing was, being nice to him, he let his guard down and calmed down, being nice too me. He then realized he was being nice to a cop and started acting up again...haha.
    XV2pkwa.jpg

s46vMHj.jpg

TgLFRrb.jpg

IIjKKsH.jpg

EAgGIaV.jpg
    I got $20 and a case of water for the broken launcher..

Lol

"If you can loot in person, you can Vote in person" -Me

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Used have my shop in the basement when I had my FFL and doing gunsmithing. A 20-something black lad came up and asked if I had an AK pistol in stock. I informed him I had retired at the end of last year and didn't have any inventory. I directed him to two other shops in town.

I wouldn't normally have thought anything of it. But in...I dunno...10 years of having the shop, I've had 4 or 5 people of color stop in to get a repair or buy something. This guy was articulate and polite...so I really don't think it was "casing". But, under the circumstances, I've told my wife not to answer the front door for the duration. I'll handle that chore.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Used have my shop in the basement when I had my FFL and doing gunsmithing. A 20-something black lad came up and asked if I had an AK pistol in stock. I informed him I had retired at the end of last year and didn't have any inventory. I directed him to two other shops in town.

I wouldn't normally have thought anything of it. But in...I dunno...10 years of having the shop, I've had 4 or 5 people of color stop in to get a repair or buy something. This guy was articulate and polite...so I really don't think it was "casing". But, under the circumstances, I've told my wife not to answer the front door for the duration. I'll handle that chore.

Is there anything outside your house that indicates that you are or were an FFL? Seems odd that he would just come up out of the blue...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Is there anything outside your house that indicates that you are or were an FFL? Seems odd that he would just come up out of the blue...

No. Nothing. But FFL's are listed on Google, etc because I had an active license (expired 2/1/2020).

It was unusual as it's only happened a time or two. Most folks will call first.

I'm already at condition yellow. I may get an outside camera if we get any activity down this way. So far, Greenwood is doing well.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No. Nothing. But FFL's are listed on Google, etc because I had an active license (expired 2/1/2020).

It was unusual as it's only happened a time or two. Most folks will call first.

I'm already at condition yellow. I may get an outside camera if we get any activity down this way. So far, Greenwood is doing well.

Yeah, that would be a little unnerving. I wonder if you could get Google to "unlist" you. Yeah, right. What was I thinkin'...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    More protesters on the circle. Hopefully they disperse by 8 pm. Someone already tried to hit a car with a skateboard. Maybe the curfew should start at 6 pm instead of 8. This one appears to be a BLM protest.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    WTF are people thinking, bringing their kids down to these protests?? And then they complain when they get tear gassed. :facepalm: Police should get their names and refer them to CPS.

Top Bottom