• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    KW, Tombs... guys, I get it. I really do. And I'm sorry that this is happening. But everyone has to think critically about all of this:

We don't like cops to have military equipment, but we want them to have it at the ready and use it with authority when the SHTF.

We don't want to have people in jail, so we keep putting criminals out on ankle bracelets and dismissing their cases, so jail beds are never added.

We don't the local police talking to the feds or participating in federal task forces, but when the local cops need help, those are the people that we call for help. God forbid we train for situations like this, because then it's Jade Helm and FEMA camps.

We (the police) are constantly villified by the media and their agenda is working, and our hands are tied. The citizenry needs to understand that.

Brother we do understand that and now here we are. I have so many sterling friends over the years that are LEO. I respect all of them and would have their backs in a split second. But now here we are. And like Tombs and I have said repeatedly there are other levels of help available. Or was this allowed just to get the budget bump for more heads in the force. Looks pretty fishy from here. They knew this **** was coming. Hell we all did what were they doing.

No knock on you or those on the ground in harms way. They should not have been out there alone tonight and we all know it so WTAF people.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,"

Isn't this what we are talking about when it comes time for uniformed civilians to call on "the people" for an assist? Unfortunately violence to stop violence is not the answer.

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    I don't want to be in a position where I have to fear the police as much as I do the protesters.

If they call for help, I'll come. But if they refuse help and will just arrest me for trying to help, then I'm not going to bother.

This

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    No, because citizens haven't been trained, and have different standards. You can tell people here can be trigger happy, and want to just fire at all rioters. That ain't okay, and wouldn't end well.

At this point, it wouldn't be worse than the current situation.
    Heaven forbid, where the situation ends up if this is allowed to continue.

P.S. People may talk trigger happy, it's a very different world when you're actually in that situation. I think your worries about that are way overblown.

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    No, because citizens haven't been trained, and have different standards. You can tell people here can be trigger happy, and want to just fire at all rioters. That ain't okay, and wouldn't end well.

I'm not talking shoot out at the OK Corral, let's round up doc with the street howitzer.

Give me a visor and a stick and some orders and I'll stand the line. Plenty like me out there as well. I walked the memorial for a time tonight with nothing but a sponge and some goof off.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Man, I don't have the answer, but this is a warzone down here, plain and simple. If it gets worse than this, then expect a lot of flag-draped coffins. IF that's not war, then I don't know what is.
    Thugs being ALLOWED to walk freely through town smashing and grabbing is NOT war! When they start shooting at cops? That might be considered war, and cops better be more proficient shooters! And they will have our support in every way possible!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    List of **** looted: Nike shoes, Apple iphones, liquor, Gamestops.

This young business professional downtown deciding which delightful bourbon to abscond with.

tVNHP1q.png

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Where is your argument against calling for help?
    You know, maybe if you relied on the people for help, instead of pretending you can do everything alone, you might not have conspiracies and other things tarnishing your image.

I'm not personally against it all. I agree with you and that's why I mentioned earlier about folks setting up protective details for the gun shops. It's not about "we can handle it" or tarnishing our image, please believe that. I wholeheartedly agree that if the businesses worked to harden their targets and real patriots stood up to protect them, it would be great.

If I had to really guess, it's that the logistics have not been established for something like this. Honestly, we CAN'T do it all and we don't try to. Society has set up the rules where cops and patriots are bad guys, and everyone else is a victim. It's going to take an event like this shake up the mindset and the good citizenry will have to take their mayors to task and call for better.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Been an intense night for all of us and God knows what those out in the mess are going through. Emotions are high. I know mine are. I will admit to being sas PO'd as I have ever been over this insanity. Not my town but yes, my town.

So here's what we do. Lets take a deep breath and re-assess. Lets cool off.
    Please.

Mouse out.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Why are you waiting for a call? What's stopping you from getting down there and offering to help out?

I say this somewhat sarcastically, but it used to be people would show up on their own to the public square to defend their towns. Those days seem to be long gone, for a variety of reasons that we could debate for eternity. But we've gotten so far away from being a woven and connected community that few of us have any personal connection or property in Indy. At least not one deep enough to muster on our own. But I do agree many here would answer the bell if called.

At what point do we leave our homes and our families to fight this battle? I don’t doubt any of us would be up to the task of defending our own homes or businesses but what about those of others?

I told my wife earlier tonight if I was single I would be headed down to Plainfield Shooting Supplies to help defend a business I care about. But where is the tipping point, when do we decide we have had enough and take care of business ourselves? When it reaches the edges of our property?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Why are you waiting for a call? What's stopping you from getting down there and offering to help out?

I say this somewhat sarcastically, but it used to be people would show up on their own to the public square to defend their towns. Those days seem to be long gone, for a variety of reasons that we could debate for eternity. But we've gotten so far away from being a woven and connected community that few of us have any personal connection or property in Indy. At least not one deep enough to muster on our own. But I do agree many here would answer the bell if called.
    We would answer if we were “allowed” by our kings!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I don't want to be in a position where I have to fear the police as much as I do the RIOTERS.

If they call for help, I'll come. But if they refuse help and will just arrest me for trying to help, then I'm not going to bother.

fixed. Rioters are NOT protesters!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    At this point, it wouldn't be worse than the current situation.
    Heaven forbid, where the situation ends up if this is allowed to continue.

P.S. People may talk trigger happy, it's a very different world when you're actually in that situation. I think your worries about that are way overblown.

If enough armed patriots are gathered in one place to meet the crisis the wannabes might throw some stuff at you but in the face of that I do not see them advancing. This has been the case with all armed guarded stores.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Brother we do understand that and now here we are. I have so many sterling friends over the years that are LEO. I respect all of them and would have their backs in a split second. But now here we are. And like Tombs and I have said repeatedly there are other levels of help available. Or was this allowed just to get the budget bump for more heads in the force. Looks pretty fishy from here. They knew this **** was coming. Hell we all did what were they doing.

No knock on you or those on the ground in harms way. They should not have been out there alone tonight and we all know it so WTAF people.
    Well said!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    At what point do we leave our homes and our families to fight this battle? I don’t doubt any of us would be up to the task of defending our own homes or businesses but what about those of others?

I told my wife earlier tonight if I was single I would be headed down to Plainfield Shooting Supplies to help defend a business I care about. But where is the tipping point, when do we decide we have had enough and take care of business ourselves? When it reaches the edges of our property?

Sadly it appears so.

The days of Liberty poles and mustering on the town square are long gone. We have no one to blame but ourselves for allowing this crap to go on as long as it has.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,"

Isn't this what we are talking about when it comes time for uniformed civilians to call on "the people" for an assist? Unfortunately violence to stop violence is not the answer.
    Violence can and does very often stop violence! An eye for an eye! Punish idiocy and idiocy WILL subside!

Top Bottom