• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yeah, but you're on a site where there are die hard Trump fans. Is it really your job to drag them every opportunity? I mean, if there's something meaningful that needs to be discussed, like the bumpfire ban where devout loyalty is not serving them, ya. Discuss. But c'mon. It's more like you're getting your digs for kicks because they like someone you despise. That's just not helpful. If you want to have a critical, but thoughtful, conversation about something specific he's done, I often agree. Sometimes not. But often I do.

And that is an assumption. One that several make simply because I question Mr. Trump, or more correctly some of his actions. When people conflate that to despising someone that is on them not me. It also means the discussion is really more religious than political. Personally, I believe there should be a thread titled: Civil Religious Discussion: All Things Trumpophiia!

I don't see the need to join the die Hard Trump fans as they already have a loud enough voice. I've agreed with him on some things, but that gets forgotten in the rush to label folks as having TDS when they do question Mr Trump.

I don't despise people. I do despise things. I'll just continue being me.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    For a woke guy, you don't get it.

In his own self promoting literature, he self identified as a guy in the dictation.

Why is it a guy? That brings up a question. If it's a big guy who's upstairs, what makes him a guy? I mean. It doesn't seem that a guy in his position would have much use for, uh, you know. Same if it's a girl. If there is a big guy upstairs, probably not a guy, or a girl. And is probably not upstairs. "up" is relative anyway.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I starting to doubt that you know what "woke" means.

I know what it has meant for centuries. I refuse to abandon its ancestral place in our language for the sake of basement-dwelling millennials. Just because it can be used in a trendy way, doesn't mean it should be.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And that is an assumption. One that several make simply because I question Mr. Trump, or more correctly some of his actions. When people conflate that to despising someone that is on them not me. It also means the discussion is really more religious than political. Personally, I believe there should be a thread titled: Civil Religious Discussion: All Things Trumpophiia!

I don't see the need to join the die Hard Trump fans as they already have a loud enough voice. I've agreed with him on some things, but that gets forgotten in the rush to label folks as having TDS when they do question Mr Trump.

I don't despise people. I do despise things. I'll just continue being me.

Well, c'mon. I think it's a reasonable assumption. I mean, some of the things you say are not much more than digs. Quips. At the man. That implies contempt. And contempt implies a level of hatred.

I don't think you have to join the die hard Trumpers. Maybe save the barbs for whatever sites you're on where there are primarily anti-trump people who appreciate it. Or just in your PM's to Alpo. Don't stop leveling legitimate criticisms though. I'm not saying anything bad about that. But with some of the barbs it just seems like you're trying to insult the Trumpers because they like him uncritically.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Thank you for your analysis and advice.

Well, c'mon. I think it's a reasonable assumption. I mean, some of the things you say are not much more than digs. Quips. At the man. That implies contempt. And contempt implies a level of hatred.

I don't think you have to join the die hard Trumpers. Maybe save the barbs for whatever sites you're on where there are primarily anti-trump people who appreciate it. Or just in your PM's to Alpo. Don't stop leveling legitimate criticisms though. I'm not saying anything bad about that. But with some of the barbs it just seems like you're trying to insult the Trumpers because they like him uncritically.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I know what it has meant for centuries. I refuse to abandon its ancestral place in our language for the sake of basement-dwelling millennials. Just because it can be used in a trendy way, doesn't mean it should be.

That's another thing about language that perhaps was left out of your training. Language evolves. I don't like it either. I hate when millennials say things like, "what's the ask?" Huh? Ask is a verb. Stop using it as a noun. If you want to know what is being asked of you, we already have a proper language for that.

Anyway, I hate the word "woke". I'm not using it to be trendy. I use it to mock it. I mock people using it. I mock the word itself. The word appears in my sig line specifically to mock it. See. That's another part of language you seem have some deficiency in. Sometimes people use language as sarcasm, or in an otherwise mocking way. That should not be confused with acceptance of the thing being mocked.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It's not right to only take one side of things. Point out when woke is a good thing also!

That's another thing about language that perhaps was left out of your training. Language evolves. I don't like it either. I hate when millennials say things like, "what's the ask?" Huh? Ask is a verb. Stop using it as a noun. If you want to know what is being asked of you, we already have a proper language for that.

Anyway, I hate the word "woke". I'm not using it to be trendy. I use it to mock it. I mock people using it. I mock the word itself. The word appears in my sig line specifically to mock it. See. That's another part of language you seem have some deficiency in. Sometimes people use language as sarcasm, or in an otherwise mocking way. That should not be confused with acceptance of the thing being mocked.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    All I know is that since we've adopted Agile, we end up "fixing" a lot more crap than we used to after it goes to production. I've always said that it's funny how there's never enough time to do something right the first time, but there's always time to fix it when things go south. But hey, we delivered absolute crap really fast!

So you think Dilbert is only a cartoon?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's not right to only take one side of things. Point out when woke is a good thing also!

I never said anyone has a responsibility to point out all the good things. What I said, in the context of belief, is to acknowledge all the true things regardless of sides.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So you think Dilbert is only a cartoon?

Dilbert is my favorite cartoon. Back in the days when dilbert was only on paper, someone had a dilbert calendar. So at the beginning of each day, we'd have the daily dilbert moment, when we'd pass around that day's dilbert cartoon.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I didn't either! I just said point out when it is a good thing instead of always mocking!

We keep saying the same thing!

Ok I am done with this theme for the day.

I never said anyone has a responsibility to point out all the good things. What I said, in the context of belief, is to acknowledge all the true things regardless of sides.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom