Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree completely. Trump, hate him or not, came to the table with a particular set of skills [chuckle]. He knows business and deal-making. Yes, some of his businesses went under...but man what an expensive educational moment those were! As voters we attempt to select someone to govern that has knowledge specific to the tasks at hand. For example, 44 didn't have business experience so he governed quite differently. His professional experiences were essentially community organizing and public speaking. He is and was a phenomenal public speaker. And if all we needed was someone who can engage a group in conversation and active listening he would have been the greatest president ever, followed closely by Reagan. He was absolutely terrible at policies that shored up or promoted growth and industry. He seemed to miss the correlation between tightening environmental restrictions and a dying economy. Trump understood those lessons on a professional and personal level. He excelled at getting the business engine of this country back to working order because he had personal experience in working with large corporations and business networks. If I'm going to vote for anyone in the governor role, I need to understand what his life experience is. Like him or not, whatever skill set he has will be where he focuses his time. If it's project management then I hope he's got really, really good advisors around him. Project managers get the group of knowledgeable contributors around the table, the PM isn't necessarily the knowledge source. They simply facilitate. I like the skill as a leader, but need to know that he also has enough knowledge to call BS when it's there.

I just might. Their website needs to give a history if he has any hope of being a trusted choice. We really need candidates who are more than a protest vote. I need them to run a campaign that is more than 'vote for me instead...' Either he is a viable stand alone candidate or he is not. His ability to run the state cannot simple be decided because no one wanted the other two options.

Bingo. Said so much better than I did.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    OG I have ran projects in my day. "Big" ones. And Oh Hell to the no can I run the state for crap sake.

Ditto! I've got a piece of paper that I've got a BS in Bus Management and ETHICS but that does NOT make me capable of running a political engine like that. I've worked for small and large companies, private sector and public, I've managed large teams and had to turn ships around that had been run into the ground. Running a state is no small undertaking. I am very interested in the third party candidate but need more information if I am to make an informed decision. This year the stakes are higher. We hadn't previously had a Mayor or Governor actively killing businesses because of over reach. Now that the precedent has been set, we've got to elect officials who bring street cred to the table. They have to have common sense, business sense, and a freaking back bone. We cannot elect someone who lets their underling drive the bus into a wall. Listening to today's press conference where Boss Hogsett's minion announce that if the private citizens of Marion Co. behave themselves and can sustain a level of 'new cases' at or below 35 a day for a period of seven consecutive days she will recommend the loosening of regulations. The county has just under 1M people (966,106 according to estimates for 2020). That expectation boggles the mind. These people cannot be left in power if they are willing to put so many businesses in jeopardy to meet a completely irrational/unrealistic bar. We are a free people. We should be allowed to determine risk and act accordingly. In this Republic there should be some degree of representation within the state governments for decision making and citizen input. Blindly accepting the royal decree without representation is exactly why we are in the mess we are in today.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ditto! I've got a piece of paper that I've got a BS in Bus Management and ETHICS but that does NOT make me capable of running a political engine like that. I've worked for small and large companies, private sector and public, I've managed large teams and had to turn ships around that had been run into the ground. Running a state is no small undertaking. I am very interested in the third party candidate but need more information if I am to make an informed decision. This year the stakes are higher. We hadn't previously had a Mayor or Governor actively killing businesses because of over reach. Now that the precedent has been set, we've got to elect officials who bring street cred to the table. They have to have common sense, business sense, and a freaking back bone. We cannot elect someone who lets their underling drive the bus into a wall. Listening to today's press conference where Boss Hogsett's minion announce that if the private citizens of Marion Co. behave themselves and can sustain a level of 'new cases' at or below 35 a day for a period of seven consecutive days she will recommend the loosening of regulations. The county has just under 1M people (966,106 according to estimates for 2020). That expectation boggles the mind. These people cannot be left in power if they are willing to put so many businesses in jeopardy to meet a completely irrational/unrealistic bar. We are a free people. We should be allowed to determine risk and act accordingly. In this Republic there should be some degree of representation within the state governments for decision making and citizen input. Blindly accepting the royal decree without representation is exactly why we are in the mess we are in today.

Uh............Yes. on all counts.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    Again. These guys can write some very well scripted things that ring bells and hit buttons with so many disgruntled voters but in the reality of it he cant do any of the :poop: he is saying and he is actually saying not a GD thing. Typical pandering :bs:

WTFU people. As much as it pains me (and it does) we need to stay the course and the next primary get active. Put a boot up the party's ass and lets get moving.

See. I just did the same thing this empty message has been doing. And he is exactly that. Empty.

OK I get that but no one in power (those behind the scenes that actually run this crap show) gives to shakes about this. They will regroup and come back just like before. And the before before that. It is the same as it ever was. They never see it the way we want them to.

but your plan to vote out Holcomb in the next primary doesnt work either. People will show up and vote for the R incumbent. In the meantime he further damages the R party's the small govt brand. Then people will say, "see, there's no difference between the parties."

and idc who the R donor class wants to scrounge up, the R party is the small govt party, not the big govt party but different than the D brand of big govt.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    but your plan to vote out Holcomb in the next primary doesnt work either. People will show up and vote for the R incumbent. In the meantime he further damages the R party's the small govt brand. Then people will say, "see, there's no difference between the parties."

and idc who the R donor class wants to scrounge up, the R party is the small govt party, not the big govt party but different than the D brand of big govt.

All of these ideas/arguments have merit "BUT"....until we get the little power mad operators that run the crap show unseated (those we do not vote for) nothing will change at all. And yes, the lazy electorate that thinks voting is just picking and sticking regardless is the way it works.

But what is the alternative we have, some IT project manager with big ideas that will get eaten alive if he gets the job.
    Heck peoples I have big ideas.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

He can't run next time.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    I dunno...I think we are close to this being a three party ballgame. Hell, even Israel has more than two political parties.

Our government was meant to be for the people BY the people. We got away from keeping our eyes on the ball. I'll be the first one with my hand raised to admit I wasn't involved, I thought all I needed to do was some reading a few days before an election (educational materials put out by the political party of the candidates affiliation). Once my decision was made I was ready for Poll Day, let's go!

In this instance, there is a moderately viable candidate being submitted for consideration by a painfully under funded third party. I'm struggling...I'm actually considering where my vote goes beyond the big two. AND, I'm actually considering putting my time and money behind the efforts to bring more balance to the two party system. We have a party that went hard left and chastises it's moderates, we have another party that is moderately right and embarrassed or apologetic for it, and a third party that seems to have something useful to say... I've not decided on anyone yet but I am certainly thinking through the choices in a way that I haven't in previous elections.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I’ve never had a political sign in my yard until now. There’s a Rainwater for Governor sign in my yard. I don’t do facebook but looks like shortly after Holcomb extended the mask order a group called Republicans for Rainwater mashed up 10k folllowers. With his stated policies I don’t know how you can’t vote for him but it’s your vote do with it as you wish.

I vote FOR people not for parties. I’m voting for Rainwater. The mask mandate was the nail in the coffin for me.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Let me thank all the Rainwater supporters, in advance, for giving us a Dem governor! But at least you went the easy route.

And you do realize YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WEAR A MASK!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Let me thank all the Rainwater supporters, in advance, for giving us a Dem governor! But at least you went the easy route.

And you do realize YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WEAR A MASK!

I don't think it right to blame people that vote for Rainwater if a Dem gets elected. I think proper blame lies with Holcomb for doing a ****ty job and making people question who should get the vote.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    I don't think it right to blame people that vote for Rainwater if a Dem gets elected. I think proper blame lies with Holcomb for doing a ****ty job and making people question who should get the vote.

Yeah, that might have been a bit harsh.. but I don't think Holcomb is perfect either, but he hasn't done that bad of a job either. I would much rather have a republican governor then a democratic one any day. I would just hate to see that happen chasing a fairy tale. I really hope that all of the supporters realize that Rainwater will never get voted in this term. I actually like Rainwater and what he stands for, but in the next election (2024). I am an older guy (and have lived in 6 states, and have seen this stuff happen before. I would just hate to see that happen here.

Ron

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I also would hate to see a Dem voted in. I also like the things Rainwater says. But as CM and OkieGirl have pointed out, it is easy to make empty promises. It happens every election. Rainwater needs to get his history out there and get a proper campaign, not 1.5 months before election day.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    I also would hate to see a Dem voted in. I also like the things Rainwater says. But as CM and OkieGirl have pointed out, it is easy to make empty promises. It happens every election. Rainwater needs to get his history out there and get a proper campaign, not 1.5 months before election day.

I think this is all I really wanted to say. I am not very good at political arguments :>)..

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

His history is out there. :dunno:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Yeah me either. I do think the mask mandates will disappear before the election, only to reappear after depending on who is elected. I think the lockdown had good intentions (to give healthcare a lil time to get prepared), but has been drug out entirely to long.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well if that's all he has, then I guess that's all he can use.
    I do think that questions need to be asked about how he plans on doing some of the stuff he says. I think he is a little late to the game this time.

Thats the whole issue. Disruption more than anything solid at least for me and many I know that we have discussed this. He is an empty promise.

Like I have already said....I have big plans but zero ways to implement them. Ross Perou

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom