Dog attacks kid. Cat fights off dog and saves kid. Amazing.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Be sure to check the video. You can see the cat chase dog off, then come back to "check on" the kid. Crazy.

[video=youtube;C-Opm9b2WDk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-Opm9b2WDk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

852902785.gif

Edit: Hey I made Twitchy again :P

http://twitchy.com/2014/05/14/holy-...tweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I have never seen a cat go after a dog with a flying sideways body check. They usually go in claws first. Cat must be a hockey fan.

I've had plenty of barn cats, especially mommas with kittens, that would tear up any of my 100 pound dogs that got too close. Then I got a Jack Russell. Now, I don't have any barn cats.:dunno:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I hate cats.

I would give that cat a kitty treat.

Now, my question is this: was that beast defending the boy, or was it defending it's turf/property? Remember how Mr. Jinks the Cat was always trying to get Pixie and Dixie? But then when another cat went after them, it was Go Time against that cat. I'm not convinced that the cat wasn't just saving his own potential food source.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I hate cats.

Now, my question is this: was that beast defending the boy, or was it defending it's turf/property? Remember how Mr. Jinks the Cat was always trying to get Pixie and Dixie? But then when another cat went after them, it was Go Time against that cat. I'm not convinced that the cat wasn't just saving his own potential food source.

Theory: That kid was the anti-christ, and the cat saved him. Selfish, awful cats.

#TeamDog

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I hate cats.

While certainly not pack animals (like dogs), cats can be VERY protective of their family. As I posted up-thread, my old cat would take on ANYTHING that posed a threat, and was a pretty darned good guard cat. My wife's old kitty was super protective of our newborn daughter. Always sat near her, and would threaten any stranger (including my sister's dogs) that dared get near them. No one ever found out if she would attack, though. They always backed down first!

Now, our CURRENT kitty - worthless! Got chased by a bunny rabbit a few weeks ago. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom