Dog attacks kid. Cat fights off dog and saves kid. Amazing.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2014
    The dumpster
    Wow, awesome video! It was great to see that cat chasing that dog down the road. Made me laugh.

Poor kid though, glad he wasn't hurt much worse. That could have ended very badly if not for the hero cat.

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    I have seen barn cats tear up dogs larger than the one in the video. I also had several dogs that would sleep with the cats, and protect them like they were the dog's own puppies. Good video.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    While certainly not pack animals (like dogs), cats can be VERY protective of their family. As I posted up-thread, my old cat would take on ANYTHING that posed a threat, and was a pretty darned good guard cat. My wife's old kitty was super protective of our newborn daughter. Always sat near her, and would threaten any stranger (including my sister's dogs) that dared get near them. No one ever found out if she would attack, though. They always backed down first!

Now, our CURRENT kitty - worthless! Got chased by a bunny rabbit a few weeks ago. :rolleyes:

They're pretty protective of their beer.....

:popcorn:

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Has the dog been eliminated? I hated cats, then son & wife brought in a stray (to my house, not theirs), well, frikken Tator is awesome, he runs the house, all 3 dogs are terrified of him.

PS: He has all his claws, but lost his " rhymes with claws", still maintains his mojo.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Where's all the dog lovers who claim that dogs never attack unprovoked......? Heard the dog was takin away by animal control, bet he won't be back. Give that cat anything it wants.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    A cat can really mess up a dog. Seriously. Cats are no joke, serious killers. Most people don't really understand how violent an angry cat can be.

--has lived with cats for 47 years...

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Where's all the dog lovers who claim that dogs never attack unprovoked......? Heard the dog was takin away by animal control, bet he won't be back. Give that cat anything it wants.

This exactly. Cudos to that cat. We had a big tomcat when I was younger that ruled the NEIGHBORHOOD. No dog would ever come close to our yard. The few that did were chased for blocks.

Edit: Glad the kid will recover soon. Poor guy will probably be scared of dogs the rest of his life.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Obvious anti dog propaganda by the cat lobby. I'll wait until the full video is released to make my judgement.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

Generally the presumed condition there is "if the dog is properly conditioned or trained to interact with people/animals". Dogs (and cats for that matter) are designed to hunt and kill things, so unless they are strongly conditioned not to mess with things you hold dear it shouldn't be a surprise when Fido decides to go for a Kids Meal.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Sam my cat whipped the neighbors dog for getting into it with one of my dogs over my dogs food.......Sam rode the neighbors dog out of the yard!!!!....Sam did save it's life as that had happen before as the neighbor dog was about to get smoked with the 308......

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    A cat can really mess up a dog. Seriously. Cats are no joke, serious killers. Most people don't really understand how violent an angry cat can be..

This is so true! Cats can do serious damage, even to people. I don't think cats are as far removed from their ancient ancestors as dogs are. Ferrel cats are excellent survivors, I think modern dogs are to dependent on people for extended survival in the wild.

Love the video. Hope the kid is OK. Good kitty!

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    From what I can see in the video, the dog is dragging the boy by his clothes? There must be more to that video to justify those wounds shown at the end. Who was filming this, and why does the perspective change to the other side of the car as the dog approaches as though the filmer was expecting a confrontation. Very suspicious.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    From what I can see in the video, the dog is dragging the boy by his clothes? There must be more to that video to justify those wounds shown at the end. Who was filming this, and why does the perspective change to the other side of the car as the dog approaches as though the filmer was expecting a confrontation. Very suspicious.

Possibly a compilation of security camera footage? That is what is seems like to me especially since there is no sound. Also it looks pretty clear that the dog has the kid by the leg. At least to me.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom