Dog attacks kid. Cat fights off dog and saves kid. Amazing.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Now, my question is this: was that beast defending the boy, or was it defending it's turf/property? Remember how Mr. Jinks the Cat was always trying to get Pixie and Dixie? But then when another cat went after them, it was Go Time against that cat. I'm not convinced that the cat wasn't just saving his own potential food source.
    Knowing how my cats act when a strange animal is in the yard I suspect the cat was defending it's territory and the saving of said kid/fellow member of the cat's family was secondary. Still great to see.

From what I can see in the video, the dog is dragging the boy by his clothes? There must be more to that video to justify those wounds shown at the end. Who was filming this, and why does the perspective change to the other side of the car as the dog approaches as though the filmer was expecting a confrontation. Very suspicious.
    Looked like security camera footage spliced together.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Has the dog been eliminated? I hated cats, then son & wife brought in a stray (to my house, not theirs), well, frikken Tator is awesome, he runs the house, all 3 dogs are terrified of him.

PS: He has all his claws, but lost his " rhymes with claws", still maintains his mojo.

Someone told me the dog (9 months old) was put down.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Definitely looks like security camera video. It's hard to tell from the video, but it does look like the dog grabbed the kid by the leg. The injuries to the kid's leg seem consistent with that.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Now, my question is this: was that beast defending the boy, or was it defending it's turf/property?

Anyone with a modicum of familiarity with cats would realize that to that cat "defending the boy" and "defending it's ...property" are synonymous.

I'm showing that clip to my cats as a training video. Good kitty! He'll probably have his own reality show by next weekend.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Cats have a variety of personalities, including their relationships with humans. Some are very social with humans generally; I had one that would jump up on anyone's lap. One time I startled her somehow, and for three days she was making mountain lion noises and acting hostile. I wasn't going near that. I like having two hands. Some pair very closely with a single human. I had one pair with me so strongly that when she saw another cat curled up with me she declared a death fatwa and tried to kill her repeatedly. Cute little white Mort was laying on the bed once when Trillian the black lab stupided into the bedroom and jumped up on the bed. He didn't so much as flinch; just looked her in the eye and let out a viscious hiss that sent her running in terror. He's three times that size now.

This cat could very well be loyal enough to the whole family to protect not only her territory, but her providers. They're not just stupid killing machines.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Where's all the dog lovers who claim that dogs never attack unprovoked......? Heard the dog was takin away by animal control, bet he won't be back. Give that cat anything it wants.

I am a dog lover. My dog is my best friend. And we get attacked unprovoked usually at lest twice a year. There is a wooded area and a big field next to my house. People (low, life scum) abandon dogs there all the time. Then the dogs make the area their territory. Dogs in that situation will attack unprovoked all the time.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom