• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    To answer the OP, I would say Yes, I recognize my country. But I would also suggest that recognizing my country now is not as important as; do I recognize where my country is headed?

With the exception of the younger here, how many did not truly see this coming?
    How many have felt powerless to stop it?
    What are we going to do about it now?

The information and warning is up in post #26.

I hate to be blunt, but it is my fault, your fault, everybody's fault. The sheep were loaded on the train a long time ago. No one can really blame them for being along for the ride. It isn't the fault of the guy currently driving the train or the train itself, they only influence the speed of the journey. Some might even want to blame the train tracks for the direction we are headed in, but it isn't even the inevitability of our destination where blame is to be placed.

It is our own nature and the personal responsibility of each and every one of us (to continue the analogy) that allowed the land to be taken to build the tracks upon in the first place. Through our complacence, the desire to live the "good life" (who really doesn't want that after all?) allowed evil power to be manifested outside of watchful diligence to gain a foothold.

That power secured for itself a space to exist and it lives like a parasite, living off of our dreams. It lives off the dreams for ourselves and the dreams for our children. The space that we allow for ourselves to have special "treatment" is the space where that parasite is hatched. An unwillingness to admit to our own selfishness and greed gives place for that evil parasite to grow. We all gave it the land, the space it needed, upon which to build the tracks for the train upon which we all now ride.

The evil spreads because we have free will and freedom of choice. Do you think the founders were ever able to foresee the irony that the blessed gift of freedom of personal choice and self determination would lead the country they were founding to destruction through the very principles they were trying to promote? It has happened before and continues to happen again and again. Since the beginning of recorded history empires have risen and fallen. Man becomes overwhelmed by the situation that he himself has created and everything goes to Hell.

Is it pride that led our founding fathers to believe this time would be different? Or was it hope? Was it faith in God that we could, as a people, prosper and succeed forever? Do you think they felt we could, as a nation, find a common foundation for all people that we could rise above our selfish short comings as human beings and become a nation of the people, by the people, for the people? Were they foolish, naive, have blind hope, or did they believe in something else that we do not know or recognize today?

Whether the liberals want the conservatives loaded into cattle cars or the conservatives think all the liberals need to be loaded up, it really doesn't matter because every one of us is already on the train. It didn't happen without fault and placing blame now is like chasing wind.

The questions are: What are YOU willing to do about it and have you made peace with your creator?:ranton:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    To answer the OP, I would say Yes, I recognize my country. But I would also suggest that recognizing my country now is not as important as; do I recognize where my country is headed?

With the exception of the younger here, how many did not truly see this coming?
    How many have felt powerless to stop it?
    What are we going to do about it now?

The information and warning is up in post #26.

I hate to be blunt, but it is my fault, your fault, everybody's fault. The sheep were loaded on the train a long time ago. No one can really blame them for being along for the ride. It isn't the fault of the guy currently driving the train or the train itself, they only influence the speed of the journey. Some might even want to blame the train tracks for the direction we are headed in, but it isn't even the inevitability of our destination where blame is to be placed.

It is our own nature and the personal responsibility of each and every one of us (to continue the analogy) that allowed the land to be taken to build the tracks upon in the first place. Through our complacence, the desire to live the "good life" (who really doesn't want that after all?) allowed evil power to be manifested outside of watchful diligence to gain a foothold.

That power secured for itself a space to exist and it lives like a parasite, living off of our dreams. It lives off the dreams for ourselves and the dreams for our children. The space that we allow for ourselves to have special "treatment" is the space where that parasite is hatched. An unwillingness to admit to our own selfishness and greed gives place for that evil parasite to grow. We all gave it the land, the space it needed, upon which to build the tracks for the train upon which we all now ride.

The evil spreads because we have free will and freedom of choice. Do you think the founders were ever able to foresee the irony that the blessed gift of freedom of personal choice and self determination would lead the country they were founding to destruction through the very principles they were trying to promote? It has happened before and continues to happen again and again. Since the beginning of recorded history empires have risen and fallen. Man becomes overwhelmed by the situation that he himself has created and everything goes to Hell.

Is it pride that led our founding fathers to believe this time would be different? Or was it hope? Was it faith in God that we could, as a people, prosper and succeed forever? Do you think they felt we could, as a nation, find a common foundation for all people that we could rise above our selfish short comings as human beings and become a nation of the people, by the people, for the people? Were they foolish, naive, have blind hope, or did they believe in something else that we do not know or recognize today?

Whether the liberals want the conservatives loaded into cattle cars or the conservatives think all the liberals need to be loaded up, it really doesn't matter because every one of us is already on the train. It didn't happen without fault and placing blame now is like chasing wind.

The questions are: What are YOU willing to do about it and have you made peace with your creator?:ranton:

Great post. Yes all the problems we lament here are just what we allowed to grow. We were satiated with the "good life", technological opiates and real opiates. We could have drawn a line concerning political corruption long ago but failed to, it grows exponentially unabated.

The founders understood that they gave us a republic if we could "keep it".

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the center cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.

--- William Butler Yeats, The Second Coming

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What do we do when the government is ignoring the law, and employing illegal aliens?

It’s not enough to invite an group of people who vote [D]ouche 70/30 into your country illegally, and just be satisfied that they’re counted in the census for electoral purposes. If you’re a [D]ouche you want them to be eligible to vote too. It’s a small step. But progressive.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    When I was a kid, we played with Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars a lot. Our GI Joes were a foot tall, and we'd cut the neighbors' lawns and shovel their driveways in winter to make some scratch to buy toy cars and guns and GI Joe gear and toy soldiers and train sets and... We'd build snow forts in winter, and go swimming and explore the woods in the summer. We'd turn our basements into haunted houses around Halloween. We'd play football or baseball in the street or sometimes in someone's backyard. We'd watch Saturday morning cartoons while scarfing down half a box of Cap'n Crunch or Honeycombs or Count Chocula.

One of my friend's brothers was over in Vietnam, and I'd see the news segments on that and get a little worried. When We'd play Vietnam with our toy guns, we used to pretend we were out on missions with him, supporting him. Thankfully, he came home. The Watergate hearings screwed up some of my daily TV programming, like WTF is this? Batman is supposed to be on. That was the extent of the intrusion of the reality of current events and politics in my small view of the world.

What a wonderful time that was, to just enjoy being alive and having fun all day, without the concerns of every day adult life, like politics and war and finances and health and social issues and crime, and all the things you need to carry when you become older and aware of the world outside of your small sphere of experience.

While it seems like an attractive fantasy to be trapped in some sort of time loop where you could relive those youthful years endlessly, I think it would be a kind of hell. We are meant to grow and learn, and react and interact with the world around us. Yes, it's hard. It was hard watching my kids become more aware of the world, and It's going to be hard to watch my grandkids go through that. But all that is rewarding too. Seeing my kids grow and learn about the reality of life has beend incredibly rewarding, especially when they get PO'd about the same things I get PO'd about.

To directly answer your question, YES I recognize my country. The natural beauty of the landscape is there, just as it has always been. Politics have become extremely divisive yet again, but these things have happened in the past, and I think and hope we'll get past it. Politicians are going to politic, advocates are going to advocate, extremists are going to go to extremes, but I have to believe that in the end, some how, some way, the United States of America will continue to be the shining beacon of freedom that it has been since its inception. I HAVE to believe that, because anything less than that would be unacceptable to me.
    Almost everything about this is a direct copy of what I could have posted. The matchbox cars, the lawnmowing, and shoveling driveways, the snow forts, the exploring the woods, and watching cartoons while feeding our faces on cereal... Right down to the next door neighbor kid being off to 'Nam. Playing Army while he was gone, then being so glad when he came home to see him ride his motorcycle up and down the street with the dog chasing after him glad he was home...

Everything was the same right up until you said you recognize your country. I don't much recognize mine anymore. Not fully. I followed Jerry's example, (my neighbor) and went into the Army. Stayed for 28 years, retiring in 2009. Spend a LOT of time training to go to war against commies. Ended up going to war against religious extremists. Came out of it a cripple... to a warped, and twisted nation treating communism, and leftist extremism as if it was some kind of religion... WTF? Never in all my days have I seen our political leaders, and media preach hatred and division with such fervor, and conviction.

Race relations that have been constantly improving forever, were set back at least 50 years by obama.

It was also he who also started the whole "lets hate on America" idea.

Bad economic policies have destroyed our economy, as has the mishandling of this fake plague once they found out how much power there is to be gained from it.

An entire generation had been brainwashed into sexual perversion with the intent of population control, and destruction of the family unit... and for all we know, just because they thought it would be a hilarious distraction to keep us from paying too much attention to what they were doing to our nation.

Things that were once revered, like our flag, and our law enforcement officers have come under attack so much it's practically social suicide not to join in.

Looting, burning, stealing, and rioting are now acceptable behaviors... with the exception of Jan 6th 2021. Then it's a full blown insurrection, and every single person who voted for that guy is a terrorist, and white supremist to boot... enemy of the state to be monitored, and censored.

I thought there was a chance to save America with President Trump. Yeah sure he ran his mouth a lot, but his policies were good, and he genuinely loved the country. What he went through though was horrible, and his loss to a bunch of cheating criminals was pretty much the end. Had he tried to stay, and prove the election false, the civil war would have kicked off right then and there. I was glad he didn't because I wasn't ready for that, but I also didn't think the commies would take things this far, this fast. I doubt anyone did.

No, I don't much recognize my country anymore.

There was a time I'd have died to protect my country FOR my children.
    The time may soon come when I have to die to protect my children FROM my country.

Thankfully, at least in my neck of the woods... it's still America... for now. Time will tell.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Almost everything about this is a direct copy of what I could have posted. The matchbox cars, the lawnmowing, and shoveling driveways, the snow forts, the exploring the woods, and watching cartoons while feeding our faces on cereal... Right down to the next door neighbor kid being off to 'Nam. Playing Army while he was gone, then being so glad when he came home to see him ride his motorcycle up and down the street with the dog chasing after him glad he was home...

Everything was the same right up until you said you recognize your country. I don't much recognize mine anymore. Not fully. I followed Jerry's example, (my neighbor) and went into the Army. Stayed for 28 years, retiring in 2009. Spend a LOT of time training to go to war against commies. Ended up going to war against religious extremists. Came out of it a cripple... to a warped, and twisted nation treating communism, and leftist extremism as if it was some kind of religion... WTF? Never in all my days have I seen our political leaders, and media preach hatred and division with such fervor, and conviction.

Race relations that have been constantly improving forever, were set back at least 50 years by obama.

Bad economic policies have destroyed our economy, as has the mishandling of this fake plague once they found out how much power there is to be gained from it.

An entire generation had been brainwashed into sexual perversion with the intent of population control, and destruction of the family unit... and for all we know, just because they thought it would be a hilarious distraction to keep us from paying too much attention to what they were doing to our nation.

Things that were once revered, like our flag, and our law enforcement officers have come under attack so much it's practically social suicide not to join in.

Looting, burning, stealing, and rioting are now acceptable behaviors... with the exception of Jan 6th 2021. Then it's a full blown insurrection, and every single person who voted for that guy is a terrorist, and white supremist to boot... enemy of the state to be monitored, and censored.

I thought there was a chance to save America with President Trump. Yeah sure he ran his mouth a lot, but his policies were good, and he genuinely loved the country. What he went through though was horrible, and his loss to a bunch of cheating criminals was pretty much the end. Had he tried to stay, and prove the election false, the civil war would have kicked off right then and there. I was glad he didn't because I wasn't ready for that, but I also didn't think the commies would take things this far, this fast. I doubt anyone did.

The time may soon come when I have to die to protect my children FROM my country.

Thankfully, at least in my neck of the woods... it's still America... for now. Time will tell.
    QFT

First, thank you for your service daddyusmaximus. I never served but pretty much all of your description mirrors my observations to date.

God bless America, and may he have mercy upon this nation and it's Patriots.

Greffy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2019
    Los Angeles County
    I recommend dissolving the central government.
    I wouldn't recommend that course. If you did, then you would have 'control' directly by Corporate powers. Private mercenary armies etc. Better course is to organize and take back our government from the Corporate interests that run the show. In the meantime we have the Constitution framework to rebuild into what our country ought to be, but never really quite was. A lot of our own minds need to get realigned too because so many have been 'propagandized' by those very Corporate interests in order to create divisions so as to keep us divided as to how things work (or don't).

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I wouldn't recommend that course. If you did, then you would have 'control' directly by Corporate powers. Private mercenary armies etc. Better course is to organize and take back our government from the Corporate interests that run the show. In the meantime we have the Constitution framework to rebuild into what our country ought to be, but never really quite was. A lot of our own minds need to get realigned too because so many have been 'propagandized' by those very Corporate interests in order to create divisions so as to keep us divided as to how things work (or don't).

To paraphrase Bastiat, some simply want to swing the hammer.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

I hope you dropped a mic at the end. Well said and thank you for your service and sacrifice.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    And we see this society and culture continue to become more and more lawless with each passing day. And nothing is being done to reign in the evil and lawlessness. Of course, it will continue to get worse and worse and worse...

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Do I recognize my country?
    I was raised up to know that my country was under military occupation and being us was where it's at.
    Now the people of my country think the silliness on electronic media is the centerpiece of their lives.
    Heh, how could I recognize something that no longer exists?

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Ahaaa DDT The good stuff.
    Yes it was! I used to love riding my bike into that sweet-smelling cloud. It smelled like...summer.
    d003feb3ea69670a1e5a340e42060864.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Sadly, yes, I do recognize it. The Feds have been selling me out my entire life and I only found out about most of it after the fact. As history is showing, Reagan is actually the guy that sold out 2A the hardest (so far), Bush Sr. got us into a middle east war that we refused to win (and still are losing), Clinton sold out our jobs and economy to Mexico and China (and birthed the very same terrorists we just re-armed).

I wasn't old enough to vote for any of them, but I for sure am living with the legacy and those that have come later didn't leave things much better. The trajectory has been downward most of my adult life, so... Seems like business as usual to me.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom