Do you carry chambered or not chambered or a revolver?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you carry cambered or not chambered? Or do you carry a revolver

• Total voters

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    So, so far, no one wants to be caught with their pants down trying to rack a round. (Who appreciates this rhyme?) Evidence looks pretty conclusive that most people have common sense. ;)

On a similar note, who in their right mind would carry a revolver unloaded? Even with speed loaders, you'd be better off throwing it at someone in a potential gun fight or assault.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Personally, YOU are your own biggest safety...."keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you're ready to fire"...hence a mechanical safety is not the "end all, be all"...and mechanical things fail...so they should not be relied on..........for me, a mechanical safety is more of a "in case a dumb a$$ SOMEHOW manages to get it from me and knows nothing about guns" safety...in which case it could provide you with valuable time....but I have nothing against striker fired weapons either, they're simply just not my favorite....I like anything that goes boom and causes destruction

code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    The "chambered or no? XD9" thread made me want to start the poll. There was at least one person that said they don't carry chambered. New carriers are often scared when they first start carrying and don't carried chambered. I thought that this poll could put their mind at ease by seeing the number of people carried with one down the pipe. They should spend a lot of time getting to know their weapon so they are comfortable with it though. The empty revolver was just a curiosity. You never know...

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    If you dont have your carry weapon at the ready, if a need should arise. You might as well have a stick insted of a pistol:twocents:

+1

The "chambered or no? XD9" thread made me want to start the poll. There was at least one person that said they don't carry chambered. New carriers are often scared when they first start carrying and don't carried chambered. I thought that this poll could put their mind at ease by seeing the number of people carried with one down the pipe. They should spend a lot of time getting to know their weapon so they are comfortable with it though. The empty revolver was just a curiosity. You never know...

AGREED :D

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    I believe in carrying everything "hot" .

I would suggest new carriers to carry without one in the hole until they are comfortable with the gun and holster. Preferably this carry would be around the house when another weapon is available. I would practice with a full mag, for the weight, but with an empty chamber.

Fully hot is not unsafe the operator is. Practice, prectice, practice.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    My carry revolvers have a transfer bar system so I carry them with a live one in the chamber. Like my revolvers, my carry Pistols are also SA/DA triggers, so they feel natural as I draw. I started with revolvers 40 years ago, and continue to train with a full DA pull. Chambers loaded, hammers down, ready to engage

Top Bottom