• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    She off body carried in the trunk of the car? That shouldn't even be considered carrying. She was transporting at best. Glad it worked out for her, but wow!

In another scenario, I don't think telling the carjacker, "Will you please just hold that thought while I get out of the car, go to the trunk, and come back?" will work so well.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    WIBC’s Tony Katz has a segment called “Second Amendment Success Stories” during his lunch-hour radio show where he reads articles like these for his audience.

Katz has rapidly become a strong pro-2A voice and it’s great a transplanted east coast guy comes here to Marion County to hopefully enlighten a few folks.

Tune in and thank him if you get a chance.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Georgia.

One GG shoots three BGs:

Police said a group of people, at least one of which was armed, followed a man and woman to the parking lot, where investigators believe they planned to rob or carjack the victims. Police said one of the victims was able to shoot the suspects during an exchange of gunfire. [Neither] The victim nor any innocent bystanders were hit. Various cars were seen with damage from gunshots as a result of the exchange of fire.

"It was like the Wild Wild West. I was terrified," said Angela Key
    As long as you define the "Wild Wild West" as where the good guys win and only the bad guys get shot...

All three miscreants were shot and ended up in various hospitals. No fatalities. Aggravated assault charges await them.
    Suspects named in shooting outside DeKalb County Kroger - Story | WAGA

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Of all the threads, all the pages, all the users, all the posts... In my own thread... I'm the one derailing.

All you've done here is shown you don't like people pointing out the narcissism that Katz displays on a daily/hourly/minute-ly(?) basis.

These radio personalities aren't beyond criticism. My goal with this post is I hope, going forward... you'll start to notice what I'm talking about. I hope it becomes so apparent... that it bothers you as much as it bothers me :)

By all means, continue the thread... here...

Woman shoots 'high' 16-year-old intruder in her Pierce County (WA) home

Oklahoma County DA clears two civilians who "neutralized" Louie's shooter

Chaotic 911 call details moment Oklahoma couple shoots intruder in the chest (Norman, OK)

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Of all the threads, all the pages, all the users, all the posts... In my own thread... I'm the one derailing.

All you've done here is shown you don't like people pointing out the narcissism that Katz displays on a daily/hourly/minute-ly(?) basis.

These radio personalities aren't beyond criticism. My goal with this post is I hope, going forward... you'll start to notice what I'm talking about. I hope it becomes so apparent... that it bothers you as much as it bothers me :)

By all means, continue the thread... here...

Woman shoots 'high' 16-year-old intruder in her Pierce County (WA) home

Oklahoma County DA clears two civilians who "neutralized" Louie's shooter

Chaotic 911 call details moment Oklahoma couple shoots intruder in the chest (Norman, OK)

Neither Tony Katz nor any other on-air personality is beyond criticism. But when we as a group literally beg for people with a big voice to start talking about good guys with guns and this guy does it you find a way to criticize him… This just makes me shake my head. Can’t we at least agree that it’s a good thing that he’s bringing news like this to the masses?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Neither Tony Katz nor any other on-air personality is beyond criticism. But when we as a group literally beg for people with a big voice to start talking about good guys with guns and this guy does it you find a way to criticize him… This just makes me shake my head. Can’t we at least agree that it’s a good thing that he’s bringing news like this to the masses?

It’s good that he’s bringing this news to the masses. Tony Katz is a self-absorbed blathering narcissist.

See? More than two attributes can coexist.

Disclaimer: I ain’t from around there. I’ve never heard Tony Katz. I don’t really know if he’s a self-absorbed blathering narcissist. Whether he is or isn’t is an opinion.

But for the purpose of logic, let’s assume true. I made two unrelated statements to show that one can say all the things one believes are true. One good thing being true doesn’t obviate all bad things from ever being true. The loyalty belongs with truth not with personalities.

The thing to argue with G is the truthfulness of Katz’s narcissism. Not that he’s not allowed to criticize anything because Katz said something favorable.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County

Article states that the victim fired a warning shot... thru her window... out into the street maybe... I do not get it. If you decided that a warning shot was a good idea why not shoot in front of the bad guy... into your own floor? Said her husband was out of town, but mentioned nobody else in the house.

Good for her to actually fire on the guy tho... and to hold him at gunpoint until police arrived.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It’s good that he’s bringing this news to the masses.

Yeah, won't argue that. And if he wasn't effective at it, they wouldn't have him on air upwards of 8 hours a day or whatever it is now.

Glad someone is reporting those sorts of stories. I think Guy does it occasionally on his Saturday show... but as far as prime-time radio, it's good that Katz does it.

Top Bottom