• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It's an example of 'The poll that supports my position is bestest' phenomenon

You could say I'm guilty of that, but then you would be using a poll that you agree with as evidence

Tunnel infinity
    Is that like a VPN?

I am having VPN Issues. My router is a VPN client connected to a VPN server so all devices connect to a VPN server.

My router can also be a VPN server and I can connect to my routers VPN server using my phone while out and about, but I can't connect to devices on my home network.

I am sure it's a tunnel issue.

Using Wireguard.

Thanks in advance!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yes: as seen from the earth, but it is still the atmosphere. The sky - atmosphere - doesn't change color. Rather, it is the light from the sun and other heavenly bodies that is refracted by the atmosphere. When you see "blue", you aren't seeing a color of the atmosphere (sky), but rather you are seeing sunlight refracted through the atmosphere, with certain wavelengths absorbed, resulting in only the blue wavelengths being refracted.
    Yes, when you are on the earth and you look up at the sky, it is blue. That is because of how the gasses modify the light from the sun.
    The sky looks blue.

(I remember when kids would be arguing endlessly about some silly thing and one of the saner kids would say "If I said the sky was blue, you would argue about it."
    That is literally what you are doing.

There are probably help groups available for obsessive/compulsive arguing and last-wordism.)
    No, no, no! You're both wrong. The sky is blue so that we know where to stop mowing! ;)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yes: as seen from the earth, but it is still the atmosphere. The sky - atmosphere - doesn't change color. Rather, it is the light from the sun and other heavenly bodies that is refracted by the atmosphere. When you see "blue", you aren't seeing a color of the atmosphere (sky), but rather you are seeing sunlight refracted through the atmosphere, with certain wavelengths absorbed, resulting in only the blue wavelengths being refracted.
    And better yet, color is a construct of your brain based on the differential response to stimulus of three distinct types of cones in the retina

Nothing is intrinsically red or blue or any other color, they simply emit or reflect electromagnetic radiation within the narrow frequency band we interpret as visible light

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Time change was always fun when I was scheduled a double shift, so couldn't work 17 hours.
    So, I'd tell the boss he needed to have my relief come in an hour early.
    But when he looked at his schedule, my relief was scheduled a double shift.

Messed things up.
    And then I'd further P off the boss by pointing out how he always said we weren't running short of people.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If I can say my truck is blue, I can also say the sky is blue…when it’s blue for similar reasons. Or red, when it’s red.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yes, when you are on the earth and you look up at the sky, it is blue. That is because of how the gasses modify the light from the sun.
    The sky looks blue.
    The sky is never blue. The light visible in the sky is blue. The sky is colorless.

(I remember when kids would be arguing endlessly about some silly thing and one of the saner kids would say "If I said the sky was blue, you would argue about it."
    That is literally what you are doing

There are probably help groups available for obsessive/compulsive arguing and last-wordism.)

Did you forget where this entire rabbit trail started? Please allow me to refresh your memory:

Bug: "That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence"

NNBD: Disagree. That says you can dismiss things that are obviously true like blue skies and wet water. Only fools would do so.

NNBD: "Is 'blue' an intrinsic property?" Yes

I'm pointing out the factual incorrectness of asserting that "the sky is blue" (and the reductivist assertion that "water is wet") as a means of reiterating the point that positive claims require evidence, and that positive claims presented without evidence can be summarily dismissed. None of this discussion has anything to do withe the sky or its color (or lack thereof), but rather pointing out the absurdity of tautological claims about subjective preferences of a majority of people/Americans with respect to preferred daylight hours and clock-changing.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    "Without daylight, there's no need for daylight savings time."
    -Alaskan friend

Crazy up there in the middle of winter with only ~3 hours of sun!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Since it is Sunday and I assume you didn't work today, the only difference will be in your head. :):
    Work is not the only obligation that requires cooperation with others and the societal clock. I could have met those obligations and had two hours to enjoy a cigar and beer instead of one hour…

Top Bottom