• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hmm. I saw a poll either the last time we argued about time, or maybe the time before that. It said something different. I recall the clock flippers weren't nearly as much as 28%. And among the clock absolutists, the DST'ers were a bit more than the ST'ers. Still. Of the possible positions, it's fairly even split, except the clock flippers are still odd.
    It's an example of 'The poll that supports my position is bestest' phenomenon

You could say I'm guilty of that, but then you would be using a poll that you agree with as evidence

Tunnel infinity

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yes. But neither affects its state of being true or false. Unless you're trying to make some kind of quantum statement. :):
    ab89ace5a3f992a1e2f2d2e6d4ac9c6c--schrodingers-cat-mix.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't have real strong feelings in this whole clock issue.
    Is there an official libtard position so I can at least be against that?
    Think of it as an analog for Trump/NoTrump

Obviously, not everybody can have what they want, but there is little urge to compromise, selfishness is encouraged if not lauded and each side feels smuggest when events seem to be going their way

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's an example of 'The poll that supports my position is bestest' phenomenon

You could say I'm guilty of that, but then you would be using a poll that you agree with as evidence

Tunnel infinity
    The polls are all over the place on this subject. I think the best we can get from that is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. The most consistent is stop the flipping.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    You are talking about the atmosphere - the colorless gasses around us.
    The sky, however, implies standing on our planet looking upwards. The sky appears blue because light scatters differently in the gasses depending on its frequency/wavelength. The blue light has a higher frequency/shorter wavelength which makes it favored to end up in our eyeballs.
    Some people argue that the sky is not blue but they are ignoring countless unofficial polls and have their own itsy bitsy problems.
    Sky: n. the region of the atmosphere and outer space seen from the earth

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yes: as seen from the earth, but it is still the atmosphere. The sky - atmosphere - doesn't change color. Rather, it is the light from the sun and other heavenly bodies that is refracted by the atmosphere. When you see "blue", you aren't seeing a color of the atmosphere (sky), but rather you are seeing sunlight refracted through the atmosphere, with certain wavelengths absorbed, resulting in only the blue wavelengths being refracted.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Yes: as seen from the earth, but it is still the atmosphere. The sky - atmosphere - doesn't change color. Rather, it is the light from the sun and other heavenly bodies that is refracted by the atmosphere. When you see "blue", you aren't seeing a color of the atmosphere (sky), but rather you are seeing sunlight refracted through the atmosphere, with certain wavelengths absorbed, resulting in only the blue wavelengths being refracted.
    Yes, when you are on the earth and you look up at the sky, it is blue. That is because of how the gasses modify the light from the sun.
    The sky looks blue.

(I remember when kids would be arguing endlessly about some silly thing and one of the saner kids would say "If I said the sky was blue, you would argue about it."
    That is literally what you are doing.

There are probably help groups available for obsessive/compulsive arguing and last-wordism.)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Without light is my truck still blue? Without light is the sky blue? Objects don’t have color. They have properties which absorb, refract, or deflect different wavelengths of light that you perceive as color.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom