86 KB · Views: 5

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Some people don’t bother to reset their clocks an hour, preferring to keep their time constant. It’s like a message of defiance. Yet they still shift their schedules around to meet the world around them.

I don’t like the semiannual time changes from and to DST either. But it’s actually more work not to ignore the time change. My phone, ipad, computers, bedside alarm clock, vehicles’ clocks, TV’s, all change themselves. The only clocks I have to set are the microwave and oven. If I joined the fad of people ignoring the time change I’d have to not ignore it to ignore it. I’d have to change all those automatic clocks manually.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I just read your sleep post on the other thread so compared to my circle you live a very different life than they. The DST shift allows for their kids sports to run later so they can get there after work and see the whole game, some nights dad gets a round of golf in after work, etc. Their school age kids are sent to bed at 9-9:30 pm but they rarely get to bed before 10 pm. The kids are sleepy heads and usually don't get up until just in time to go to school. An hour of light in the morning would be wasted for them.

Then there are my friends that use that time in the evening to quote jobs after folks get home from work and feed the kids, others actually used it to start a business. People look at homes to buy, look at cars, lots of business in the evening after DST starts. Not much business gets done in the morning.

I get it you are an early bird and have raised your family that way, but most families are not in my area...

What useful purpose does it serve?

I have posted the answer to that dozens of times in this thread others go into more detail. I will add, I see a noticeable uptick in business in the weeks that follow the time change in the spring as folks are more motivated by it being light later into the evening.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have posted the answer to that dozens of times in this thread others go into more detail. I will add, I see a noticeable uptick in business in the weeks that follow the time change in the spring as folks are more motivated by it being light later into the evening.
    You know the drill. Every Fall and Spring we rehash the same points and counter points. This is the way.

I have spoken.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'll just rehash with my sentiment from the fall of 2014.

Bump.

What an ignorant and pointless ritual. Loved the extra hour tacked onto my night shift just so we could all switch our schedules and clocks

...AGAIN. :rolleyes:

Yep, I get another 13 hour shift tonight while the few perpetual schedule-change fanbois cheer about what, shifting to an hour less daylight in the evening for 4 months?

:@ya:

Silly clock twisters, your era of nonsense is nearly over. Tick tick ticking away...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'll just rehash with my sentiment from the fall of 2014.

Yep, I get another 13 hour shift tonight while the few perpetual schedule-change fanbois cheer about what, shifting to an hour less daylight in the evening for 4 months?

:@ya:

Silly clock twisters, your era of nonsense is nearly over. Tick tick ticking away...

Great to see you here!

I would gladly leave my clock where it is tonight if you can convince the majority to do so. But if we do change it tonight I definitely want to change it again in the spring...

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Great to see you here!

I would gladly leave my clock where it is tonight if you can convince the majority to do so. But if we do change it tonight I definitely want to change it again in the spring...

The majority has been there for some time, no convincing necessary. I sure haven't seen any recent polls suggesting otherwise.

Many states have already passed legislation opting for year-round "summer" time as their standard.

They're just waiting for the feds to repeal the ridiculous prohibition and return that choice to the state level where it belongs.

It's not the majority you have to convince it is the politicians.

Yep. Soon. :yesway:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The majority has been there for some time, no convincing necessary. I sure haven't seen any recent polls suggesting otherwise.

Many states have already passed legislation opting for year-round "summer" time as their standard.

They're just waiting for the feds to repeal the ridiculous prohibition and return that choice to the state level where it belongs.

Yep. Soon. :yesway:
    Maybe Indiana would be one of those states if we end up with a governor Rainwater.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I'm new to this discussion, and having just skimmed over the comments, I am puzzled. People are saying (and not just on INGO) that they hate DST, but are complaining about the changing of the clocks tonight, when we will go back to Standard time.

So, what's the consensus, hatred of DST, hatred of Standard time, or just hatred of changing clocks biannually in general? And if the latter, on which should we stay?

Personally, I couldn't care less, but I would like the entire country to synchronize. I lived in the Central time zone all of my life, before moving to The Fort 8 years ago. And back when most of Indiana didn't change its clocks, I thought it cheesey of Indiana to chronologically be with Chicago for half a year, but with New York for the other half.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom