Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I wouldn't second guess yourself. 308 is a tremendous cartridge. 6.5 became the flavor of the day when people started winning PRS with it. As I've read over the past couple years, 6mm is the new PRS favorite child (someone please correct me if I am incorrect) so; run what you brung...

I second guess everything I do. Not to the same degree as Carlos, but still... ;)

WT, if you makes you feel any better, I'll be shooting 5.56 at distance. I look forward to cursing the wind.

I'll likely try one of my AR's at long range. Maybe... :dunno:

Now that I've been outted as a steel-case hater (except for AK rounds !), I guess that I'm going to be shunned, and ignored. :crying:

Never

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    When my son was traveling for baseball, we never missed a good BBQ restaurant in the south. Some of the best seemed to be in Kentucky and usually off the beaten path and deep in a holler.
    Several months ago my sister told us about one they go to on their way home. They will take a cooler and get a family pack and take it home with them. So we stopped by and I got a BBQ turkey sandwich and my life was changed. My wife said she didn't want anything, but she tried my sandwich and was tremendously regretful. In future visits I'll be taking a cooler and bringing back some food.
    BBQ.JPG

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    :faint:
    Again free Mkt and all but man.....
    I found one that beats that price.
    A $450 AR-15 new is now over $2000 used lol. I think he has a scope on it that's worth 2.5x the rifle.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Here's a ballistic calculator I like using at home. You can set all the parameters and set the chart up the way you like. The chart makes it easy for me to visualize how different zero points work out down range. If the "preset" shows 30-06, ignore it.

http://www.shooterscalculator.com/b...bf;Vel[x+y]~ft/s&lbl=&submitst=+Create+Graph+

By including my sight height above the bore and chrono results, this gave me very close data for my Kidd rifle setup shooting SK Long Range Match ammo...

http://www.shooterscalculator.com/b...+LR+high+scope/SK-LRM&submitst=+Create+Chart+

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Several months ago my sister told us about one they go to on their way home. They will take a cooler and get a family pack and take it home with them. So we stopped by and I got a BBQ turkey sandwich and my life was changed. My wife said she didn't want anything, but she tried my sandwich and was tremendously regretful. In future visits I'll be taking a cooler and bringing back some food.
    View attachment 123109
    Smoked Turkey is usually my first choice, depending on the place and area of country. Love it. That said, sometimes you have to go with what a place is known for. When we were down in AL a few years back taking my son down to UA, (looks like chief & snoogies is in AL from a quick search), we head to Dreamland BBQ as it is apparently a pretty famous place in the Tuscaloosa area. They are known for ribs so I had to go that way, but generally just the mention of a good BBQ smoked turkey sandwich gets my stomach growling.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Now that I've been outted as a steel-case hater (except for AK rounds !), I guess that I'm going to be shunned, and ignored. :crying:
    I apologize for being cranky yesterday. I can get VERY touchy about certain things and it got the best of me.

I am good, if you are good and I hope CM is good too.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I second guess everything I do. Not to the same degree as Carlos, but still... ;)

I'll likely try one of my AR's at long range. Maybe... :dunno:

Never
    Second guess? I have to ask ALL of the voices in my head sometimes for their opinions. Sorting those votes out can be quite daunting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom