Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The article regarding steel cased ammo was interesting but it did point out that steel case had very little to do with the results. The results were mainly about the bullets, not the cases. It should have been more about shooting crap ammo vs. quality ammo. Steel case ammo shooting copper clad bullets won’t hurt a firearm apparently.

What sucks is that in today’s environment, some people don’t have much of a choice given what’s available. But, also in today’s environment, most people won’t shoot 10k rounds in a single go, so picking up a mid-level AR and running 300 rounds of cheap ammo would still be better than not running the thing at all and just hoping it works if you ever need it.

I don’t know why that had to do that testing in the form of a torture test. It seems like it added a variable that need not have been there. It did show a marked difference between bi-metallic vs copper jackets but we don’t know if the bi-metallic only sucks when the barrel is overly hot or all of the time. My guess is all of the time but we have to guess based on that test.

Wasn't exactly a study that followed a scientific and repeatable methodology.

What I took away from it was how little steel case ammo seems to affect an AR-15 platform.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    A proper hotdog is best cooked using a fork over an open gas stove flame. Then stuffed in a cheap white bread bun with a bit of ketchup, mustard and relish. Anything else is just over-thought fancy stuff.

At the ball park, we have been willing to wait an extra few minutes to have a dog with a steamed bun. It kinda pain for the staff but we oblige.

Only other options are ketchup, mustard and relish. Well, and this chili sauce and cheese that comes in a bag...

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Ok. Ok. I’ve had about enough of this blasphemy.

You want a hot dog? Only one way to make it and only one place to get.

Let me explain this to you:

2760c97f5d993cd4e2848b2dd8e4cfd4.jpg

How to find one?

Only on a NYC street corner.
    Dress brats/sausages like that. Not hot dogs.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Ok. Ok. I’ve had about enough of this blasphemy.

You want a hot dog? Only one way to make it and only one place to get.

Let me explain this to you:
    How to find one?

Only on a NYC street corner.
    Isn't the mustard a little redundant with sauerkraut? Both give that vinegary sour taste, right?

Also, The best hotdog isn't. In a world with brats, kielbasa, and other decent sausages, why bother with hotdogs and their sh**y watery unmeaty nonsense.

I'm thinking about that Eley Club and .223 match ammo from CMP. Has anyone ordered from there before?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Oh fcvor Gods sake man.
    How far you have fallen.

Wait, I am driving a freaking Cadillac. What am I saying.
    Haha!!!! I love these little cars. Needing something with good on gas and my wife wants to get more proficient with the manual. Basically her idea... It means selling off our 65 c10, but I’m ok with that. Don’t have the money or time for that project and my old Pontiac still needs work all the time. Priorities!

Cadillac???? What happened to the magic bus???

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    OK, it's been several decades, but as a teenager I had a job with easy access to deep fryers and hotdogs... Deep fried hotdogs was living life right back then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom