• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Both kids getting shots right now. I'm not allowed back there so the Mrs has them both and I'm in the waiting room...hope all goes well.
    Yeah, it stinks that both parents can't go along. I've had to miss some shots as well.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Good morning, CZickos ! Happy New Years Eve day ! :buddies:

FedEx has my complete BCM lower receiver on their truck, for delivery today. :banana:
    That means that I'll be making a trip to the magical town of Greenwood later today.

I need an AR in .308. My only .308 is the Ruger Scout Rifle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    The motor and gearbox will do 3000 foot pounds. We hook up the hydraulic cylinder to get to 30,000. Most I have done is 15,000...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    On a .308 AR, what’s the preferred barrel twist rate? Anyone have any experience with the M&P10? I can’t afford to do my usual method of throwing money at something, then learning that I should have bought something else when learning about a platform. I’m going to actually try to research a bit first this time :)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    On a .308 AR, what’s the preferred barrel twist rate? Anyone have any experience with the M&P10? I can’t afford to do my usual method of throwing money at something, then learning that I should have bought something else when learning about a platform. I’m going to actually try to research a bit first this time :)

I have an M&P10 that I got from Tdogg several years ago. It’s a sub moa gun with 168 gr match ammo...until the barrel heats up then it’s a 1-2 moa gun.

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

SW makes two (well - three if you count the PC) models. The newer Sport model M&P 10 and the "classic" with an 18" barrel.

I can't recite the specific parts differences but there is a decent price difference in the two.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I have no experience with the S&W models, I think Kirk Freeman has a few and he could probably help you with some info. The ones I have, Armalites, have a 1:10 & a 1:11.25 barrel. The 1:10 holds sub moa with the heavier 168gr or 180gr ammo. The 1:11.25 shoots better with the lighter 147gr-150gr. Both are sub moa to moa if you do your part but if you heat either up they tend to open up more no matter the ammo.

I used to have a 26" Krieger 1:10 on one and it would hold sub moa out to 800yds. It was a little heavy and wanted to be able to carry it comfortably so I went back to the factory cold hammer forged barrel and been pretty content with its performance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom