• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    One of the new changes is that now through Tapatalk I can now see people's avatars instead of just their name. Continue on.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I down sized my drill press when I sold off all the heavy work gear in both shops. The one in the pick is a table mounted unit from Harbor freight. It does not hold the tight tolerances my older floor mount did but it does everything I need it to do. If I am careful and pay attention the end results are the same. And it was not all that salty to purchase.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I down sized my drill press when I sold off all the heavy work gear in both shops. The one in the pick is a table mounted unit from Harbor freight. It does not hold the tight tolerances my older floor mount did but it does everything I need it to do. If I am careful and pay attention the end results are the same. And it was not all that salty to purchase.

I want the floor model. If it survives Das Mouse, then I certainly won't hurt it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I want the floor model. If it survives Das Mouse, then I certainly won't hurt it.
    Mine was a very old and seriously well built Craftsman unit that was built like a tank. I rebuilt it when I drug it out of one of my Grandfathers rentals and it had been unused for "YEARS". We abused it for 35 years or so and an Ingo member took it when I down sized.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Mine was a very old and seriously well built Craftsman unit that was built like a tank. I rebuilt it when I drug it out of one of my Grandfathers rentals and it had been unused for "YEARS". We abused it for 35 years or so and an Ingo member took it when I down sized.

That’s what I’m looking for. An old 250 pound floor model with good bearings.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That’s what I’m looking for. An old 250 pound floor model with good bearings.
    That is what we rebuilt. The sleeves. Parts were available for stuff 35+ years ago. Sears had every piece of that press in stock or available. I mounted a newer motor on it as I have access to cool stuff like that.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just did the 900+ mile trek down to see my dad again, as he's been alone alot as my brother has his hands full with my mom rehabbing at his house now. Brother lives about 45+ minutes from our parents house and with mom needing the care she does, he brings dad over to see her when he can. Would have loved to just brought dad to IN for the holidays but would have had to figure out the cats and taken him out of his environment.

Long drive for one day, but at least my daughter came with me this time so I didnt have to do it alone today. Ran into a good chunk of traffic in Atl area which slowed things up this time.

Sounds like everyone has settled into the new thread.
    Everyone doing OK?

New forum software seems pretty good so far. Hoping feedback makes it back soon.

I need to call the safe shop and check on my ETA of my order from August. Should be soon now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just did the 900+ mile trek down to see my dad again, as he's been alone alot as my brother has his hands full with my mom rehabbing at his house now. Brother lives about 45+ minutes from our parents house and with mom needing the care she does, he brings dad over to see her when he can. Would have loved to just brought dad to IN for the holidays but would have had to figure out the cats and taken him out of his environment.

Long drive for one day, but at least my daughter came with me this time so I didnt have to do it alone today. Ran into a good chunk of traffic in Atl area which slowed things up this time.

Sounds like everyone has settled into the new thread.
    Everyone doing OK?

New forum software seems pretty good so far. Hoping feedback makes it back soon.

I need to call the safe shop and check on my ETA of my order from August. Should be soon now.
    Atlanta is a black hole in regards to Traffic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom