Not open for further replies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I need one of you guys with a .308 to meet me at the range. I have one brand of ammo that out of 10 rounds tried, 4 did not go bang. I want to confirm whether it is the ammo or my Bergara. Obviously I suspect the ammo but would like to know which is the problem. The primer strikes look like they should have fired and a second hit does not go bang either.

I have not had a problem with other brands of ammo and checked that the firing pin and channel are in good shape and clean.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Great, now I'm missing my 308 again. Already felt that way last night after watching the Miculek video.

Tools, Home Improvement, focus, focus.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I need one of you guys with a .308 to meet me at the range. I have one brand of ammo that out of 10 rounds tried, 4 did not go bang. I want to confirm whether it is the ammo or my Bergara. Obviously I suspect the ammo but would like to know which is the problem. The primer strikes look like they should have fired and a second hit does not go bang either.

I have not had a problem with other brands of ammo and checked that the firing pin and channel are in good shape and clean.
    I would, just need a few days heads up to make sure I'm in the clear.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

How far you willing to drive?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Please tell me it isn't the .308 that I picked-up from you, Tarzan !
    ....I've yet to fire any of it. :nailbite:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Please tell me it isn't the .308 that I picked-up from you, Tarzan !
    ....I've yet to fire any of it. :nailbite:

It is not that ammo.

I'll name the manufacturer after it is resolved. They have made a fair offer but I don't want to screw them if the problem is on my end.

Want to bring that Saint down next week and see if it fires this new .308?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    It is not that ammo.

I'll name the manufacturer after it is resolved. They have made a fair offer but I don't want to screw them if the problem is on my end.

Want to bring that Saint down next week and see if it fires this new .308?
    Yay ! ....and let's see what the weather shapes up to be.....I seem to have less, and less cold tolerance every winter.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have no experience with the S&W models, I think Kirk Freeman has a few and he could probably help you with some info. The ones I have, Armalites, have a 1:10 & a 1:11.25 barrel. The 1:10 holds sub moa with the heavier 168gr or 180gr ammo. The 1:11.25 shoots better with the lighter 147gr-150gr. Both are sub moa to moa if you do your part but if you heat either up they tend to open up more no matter the ammo.

I used to have a 26" Krieger 1:10 on one and it would hold sub moa out to 800yds. It was a little heavy and wanted to be able to carry it comfortably so I went back to the factory cold hammer forged barrel and been pretty content with its performance.
    Great info

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    In the long span of my life, I've only sold a few of my firearms.
    Later, I've regretted doing so with every single one of them !

It's likely that I'll never sell another until I can clearly see the end on the horizon.
    Everyone is different, but that's the way that I roll.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom