• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Review of Johns Hopkins study that lockdowns were ineffective. Very interesting breakdown of the data.

I think his idea of successful is different from mine. If by success he says that lockdowns spread the deaths out, I suppose that’s true. And if by success he means some people who might have gotten covid during a time when no one knew what they were doing didn’t get covid because of lockdowns, I suppose that could be true. Those are the two primary points he made.

I think there is a greater measure of the success of lockdowns and that is, is the sum of all outcomes better because of lockdowns than it would have been without. I don’t know if a study could even come close to approximating that. This one didn’t. The lies told to try to get the lockdowns to be accepted by the public, two weeks to slow the spread, did great harm and that’s part of the sum too. I feel like the sum with lockdowns cost society way more overall.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I don't have the energy to go back and quote the posts after my last post in here where people thought I was an ******* (which I am) calling you guys hypocrites. The point I was trying to make is that people on the left could reasonably call you hypocritical referring to whatever that guy's name was as Doctor. I was not calling anyone in here a hypocrite or saying that referring to him as such was hypocritical.

Sincerely,

Dr. Mbills2223, PharmD

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I think his idea of successful is different from mine. If by success he says that lockdowns spread the deaths out, I suppose that’s true. And if by success he means some people who might have gotten covid during a time when no one knew what they were doing didn’t get covid because of lockdowns, I suppose that could be true. Those are the two primary points he made.

I think there is a greater measure of the success of lockdowns and that is, is the sum of all outcomes better because of lockdowns than it would have been without. I don’t know if a study could even come close to approximating that. This one didn’t. The lies told to try to get the lockdowns to be accepted by the public, two weeks to slow the spread, did great harm and that’s part of the sum too. I feel like the sum with lockdowns cost society way more overall.
    They should've been honest about the lockdowns to begin with. I work closely with a major hospital system, and they were very frank during internal conversations. The only purpose of the lockdowns to them was so that they didn't have to activate the "Ethics Panel" they created to determine which dying patients got care and which dying patients didn't.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    They should've been honest about the lockdowns to begin with. I work closely with a major hospital system, and they were very frank during internal conversations. The only purpose of the lockdowns to them was so that they didn't have to activate the "Ethics Panel" they created to determine which dying patients got care and which dying patients didn't.

Darn shame they weren't as concerned about saving people.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Darn shame they weren't as concerned about saving people.
    I can tell you factually at the local level they absolutely wanted to save people. This was in the very beginning... No one really knew what to do. I can also tell you that the hospital system I was working with (not for, I don't speak for them or anyone else) was willing to try anything. I was sourcing large quantities of various drugs for them that have since fallen out of favor. Everyone there wanted to save people, but they didn't have a great idea of what to do, nor did they have the resources to help everyone if a massive surge had come about.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well. With the lockdowns, a lot of people died at home. Alone. I guess that absolved the hospital staff from having to make that decision.

The lies cost people their trust in the system and in "the science". I naively agreed with "trust the science" at first, but "the science" proved to be not a whole lot more than top-down hegemony dictating the preferred science rather than allowing science to work the way its most successful.

I honestly don't know what to believe whenever the CDC or the science industrial complex announces any research outcome, but I'm inclined not to believe it unless it's something that they'd gain no benefit by lying. I now trust foreign science way more than what we're told in the US. We were lied to, straight up, too many times, and I will not forgive that. Not even if they were noble lies. It's still lies.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I can tell you factually at the local level they absolutely wanted to save people. This was in the very beginning... No one really knew what to do. I can also tell you that the hospital system I was working with (not for, I don't speak for them or anyone else) was willing to try anything. I was sourcing large quantities of various drugs for them that have since fallen out of favor. Everyone there wanted to save people, but they didn't have a great idea of what to do, nor did they have the resources to help everyone if a massive surge had come about.

I'm not blaming anyone for the chaos at the beginning of the scamdemic, but later I think hospitals caved and jumped on board the "whatever the government says" bandwagon too quickly. After listening to Senate testimony of doctors who lost their jobs for doing their best for their patients and how this is unlike anything anyone has ever seen. Doctors being told what they can and can't prescribe or use for treatment, only to use "authorized" and expensive treatment options that have a high failure rate. Just ridiculous. Now there is overwhelming evidence that Hydroxi and Ivermectin are extremely effective at preventing and treating the virus, but the US still can't get it's head out of the drug company's rear to save it's people. Sad that they would allow this many people to die when effective treatments are safe, inexpensive and widely available

Top Bottom