• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I'm not saying it's not fun. I don't have my carbine and gear with me every where I go, but I do my pistol. I'm not saying USPSA is training. Anyone can stand and shoot at a stationary target and be proficient. Add multiple targets, reloads, movement, and a timer. You see your faults real quick. I have become a better pistol shooter shooting matches, then running drills on a static range.

QFT and 920

edit: 921

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Didn't you host some run-and-gun events? Have you never taken carbine or shotgun training? Not carrying a rifle or fun on a daily basis should never stop someone from getting training. I don't carry my .308 everyday, but I want to take a sniper class this year.

US used to run and gun. Now he has matured into a full blown gamer. Pretty soon he will even get one of those fancy shirts.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Do you keep a carbine, body armor, etc in your vehicle at all times? If not, then why did you take the training? My pistol is always with me, that's why I am focusing on USPSA. As it's more practical. I like to run and gun, but it's not practical day to day.

Dude , this is INGO !

How many tacticool tools right on this site , run around with IFAKs complete with Quick Clot , tourniquets , NPA/OPA's and large bore needles with little to no training on how or more importantly , when not to use them ?

When has being practical ever stopped an INGO'er ?

BTW , any word on when the INGO Navy Somali pirate destroying gun boat will be ready ?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Didn't you host some run-and-gun events? Have you never taken carbine or shotgun training? Not carrying a rifle or fun on a daily basis should never stop someone from getting training. I don't carry my .308 everyday, but I want to take a sniper class this year.

Yes, I have carbine and shotgun training. Not to the extent of some the courses offer. As I don't see a lot of it as relivent. I'm not saying don't train. I just think a lot of it is not practical. I will not spend money on something I don't see as such. That's my opinion.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Yes, I have carbine and shotgun training. Not to the extent of some the courses offer. As I don't see a lot of it as relivent. I'm not saying don't train. I just think a lot of it is not practical. I will not spend money on something I don't see as such. That's my opinion.

So, what's wrong with others acting on their opinions and spending money on what makes them happy? What's practical for you is different for others. My town has practically zero crime. Would you say it's impractical to carry a gun here or even train to operate a firearm? That is what the anti-gunners tell me, but I ignore them.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    [QOTE=Que;5518956]So, what's wrong with others acting on their opinions and spending money on what makes them happy? What's practical for you is different for others. My town has practically zero crime. Would you say it's impractical to carry a gun here or even train to operate a firearm? That is what the anti-gunners tell me, but I ignore them.[/QUOTE]

I did not saying there was anything wrong with it. I guess if I exptess my opinion, I'm saying other peoples opinions don't matter. Carry on.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I did not saying there was anything wrong with it. I guess if I exptess my opinion, I'm saying other peoples opinions don't matter. Carry on.

No one has a problem with your opinion, it just appears that you are of the belief that everyone that takes a tacticool class, does so with the belief and intent that they'll be squared-away if there was ever a need for them to employ those skills. I, and a number of others, don't buy into that. We simply think it's something enjoyable to do. I'm never going to race a F1 car, but if given the chance to go to a class (they're VERY expensive), I'd break my neck trying living it up.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

No one has a problem with your opinion, it just appears that you are of the belief that everyone that takes a tacticool class, does so with the belief and intent that they'll be squared-away if there was ever a need for them to employ those skills. I, and a number of others, don't buy into that. We simply think it's something enjoyable to do. I'm never going to race a F1 car, but if given the chance to go to a class (they're VERY expensive), I'd break my neck trying living it up.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

Dude your opinion doesn't stand a chance. Even an opinion I fundamentally agree with.
    1) you are my buddy
    2) This is INGO.

What that means is we will look for any opportunity to bust your balls. :D

Edit: plus we get to run up the post count

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I think we need a prize for whoever makes the one thousandth post. It will have to meet a few criteria to be a winner:
    1. It must not be relevant to training or skill building.
    2. It must bash a trainer. Preferrably a local trainer.
    3. It must include a photo or video of Erica.
    4. Bonus points for bashing another segment of the gun culture (gamers. Tactical Timmies, whoever)

We can contact Erica and see if she will make a video with the winner. That will be your prize.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I think we need a prize for whoever makes the one thousandth post. It will have to meet a few criteria to be a winner:
    3. It must include a photo or video of Erica.
    We can contact Erica and see if she will make a video with the winner. That will be your prize.

You mean a pic like this one?

d6591389bdc7d12affb423b328cd98bb.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Everybody quit joking around. The serious training guy showed up. This is serious.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom