• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I've trained under guys some hate and others guys seem to love. I certainly don't mean this in a derogatory way, but only one trainer was able to teach me something different; I mean in applying what I've learned. The others seemed to just re-teach the same lessons and basic skills. But, that is okay with me. I don't expect a class to always "teach" me something, but use the opportunity to have another person evaluate and put his finger on what I can do differently to improve. All of my trainers have done this. Also, I don't go into a class expecting a former SEAL to make me into a SEAL. This seems to be what most people are after when talking about resumes.

Jackson has authored a few threads about what makes a good trainer, but the bottom line is, most people are not going to pay to receive information from someone they do not like or respect, regardless of their resume. The minority have the ability to overlook personality differences, if the experience or training will promote growth. I'm not sure what the future holds for Cory, but I certainly wish him the best.

Not respecting someone and having a "personality difference" are NOT the same thing.

Personality is the least of the reasons I don't trust/respect James Yeager or Cory Jackson.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You mean promote growth by playing up your non existent military carrier that did'nt even get started and pimping your girls assets?

Okay, if that's what you got out of that.

Not respecting someone and having a "personality difference" are NOT the same thing.

Personality is the least of the reasons I don't trust/respect James Yeager or Cory Jackson.

And that is fine. FYI, the "Jackson" to whom I was referring is a highly regarded member of INGO who has taken a whole lot of training, not Cory.

Co Th G

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Ruh Roh Rorge:

[video=youtube;cCygO4JQCTg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cCygO4JQCTg[/video]

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Okay, if that's what you got out of that.

And that is fine. FYI, the "Jackson" to whom I was referring is a highly regarded member of INGO who has taken a whole lot of training, not Cory.

I don't know about highly regarded, but I am a forum member.

As for Corey, I don't kow much about him. I liked that he was brinigng some big names to the area and attracting people to the training community. I don't know much about Erika either. She seems seems to know how to attact viewers to a YouTube channel. Beyond that, I can't comment on much else.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I know neither Cory, nor Erika, and have shied away from the pile-on, simply because I thought what they were doing served a greater good. (Bringing top name trainers to IN!). Despite what you may think or feel, they are serving our community BETTER than most here dog piling! Do I think Cory needs to come clean and admit the truth, YES! Does what he did in the past keep you from training with one of his guest instructors? If it does, you probably weren't going in the first place. Will I spend my money to train with Cory personally at one of RT's classes, it depends on whether he comes clean or not? I, unlike Que, have learned something from all the courses I have taken, was some of it useless for my needs, probably, but I still have it if I ever need it because I did learn it. I don't agree with the gross misrepresentation having been made, and I further think the longer they delay setting the record straight, and deleting uncomfortable posts, the worse it will get. If today, Cory fessed up to his misdeeds, and apologized, I would probably take a course from him, some wouldn't on principle, but others, and to paint with a broad brush, MOST that are offended by this thread probably would have never paid the money to take a course anyway. If indeed the accusations are true, which there seems to be overwhelming evidence to the fact, and he retracts his statements and apologizes, would it make a difference to anyone!? Would someone who hasn't ever spent money on training, but bought the latest whiz bang whatsamajig to add to their Teir 0 basement build do it, ok, probably not, but they weren't going to any way. If the man stands up and admits his mistakes, should he not be forgiven? As a group, gun owners suck at supporting one another, we've all seen it! RT, Cory and Erika, despite what has transpired, have genuinely tried to make a difference, more so than many of us, myself included! I think they deserve a chance to set the record straight, and our support, if they do the right thing! YMMV

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    More training opportunities are a good thing. Less is bad.

I'm not a vet, so this isn't personal to me. Lets see, how many other times have I been lied to today? Hmm...:scratch:
    It's a rare person 30 something or younger that hasn't grown up looking up to liars, from presidents to bosses to parents. Honesty is a forgotten trate.

Cory didn't rub shoulders with those big names without something rubbing off. I learned fairly early on that you really don't have to love your trainers or even see eye to eye with them to get a LOT out of them.

I've never trained with RT, but I certainly would.

Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana
    Served 6years In army national guard with one deployment. 11B here, throwing in my .02. If he tells the truth and I believe it, I would train there. If they keep their heads down and hope it blows over, I won't. Probably a moot point with the zoning issues anyway.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Meh...what's a little lack of integrity if you can provide something of value. Might as well go and contribute to the gofundme.com page.

Thank you for your service, Dsgnr_81.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Served 6years In army national guard with one deployment. 11B here, throwing in my .02. If he tells the truth and I believe it, I would train there. If they keep their heads down and hope it blows over, I won't. Probably a moot point with the zoning issues anyway.
    True in the zoning, but Greene county is a few feet/miles away, more land, build range, Field of Dreams type situation, if you build it they will come! But, the elephant in the room needs to be addressed first and foremost! Their "Go Gund Me" campaign can be adjusted to buy more land somewhere less draconian, but all is moot if they don't address the issue, and soon!

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Credit to Yeager for sticking up for his friends. Once again I think he should have done a little more research before spouting off but at least he is loyal.

Agreed. I've never trained with any of these guys (Range Time, Tactical Response), nor have I bought anything from SOE; however, it would appear that there is video evidence and website bios which support the fact that Cory stated that he was in the military. Further, there is very compelling PDF documents which further support that Cory isn't what he said he was.

At this point, if I were Cory, I would come out with a YouTube video which explains everything - and come clean with everything. Or if all the evidence is incorrect, then come out and clarify everything with your own proof to set the record straight.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    The fact that John Willis (of all people) and Yeager are the ones coming to his defense (while ignoring the overwhelming evidence presented) speaks volumes. On a dark street at 2 A.M., I would rather be beaten and robbed than have any help from John Willis.

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    29fe1w3.png

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Ok, I watched James Yeagers video on Cory. I'll admit, that's its admirable that he's coming to Cory's aid. But, he's wrong. It's already been proved that Cory lied. He has admitted, online, that he was in the military, and proved that he lied. Just because he never said anything to James Yeager doesn't mean that Cory did not lie.

And let's talk about Bravo Concealment. I remember when Cory and Erika started making videos about them. It's been proved as well that Bravo Concealment started copying off from Raven Concealment. Heck, they even made their name similar, and made a similar logo. Cory stated Bravo came to them to start making reviews. And claimed that he approached Raven Concealment to do reviews, but they never responded. BUT, Raven stated that was a lie, and was never approached. And all that happened right here on INGO.

My thoughts about Cory and Erika, well, I enjoy SOME of their videos. I have never had any desire to train with them, but I like the fact they have brought big names to Indiana. I feel bad about the whole zoning thing, but I feel that it's very poor character to lie about a military background. It's dishonorable.

Top Bottom