• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    What does it mean when a gun instructor advertises his military record? It means "I learned some good stuff there that I can teach you." If an instructor feels he can lie about his military record, that means he can also lie about his other credentials. For students, this is far worse than if the instructor had lied on his tax return. He might go to jail for it, but it doesn't affect the students' gunfighting knowledge directly. If he lies about where he got his knowledge from, then how are you supposed to trust him when he says, "I learned while going door to door fighting in Iraq that you have to clear the room this way"?

This is not about some sort of sainthood-level honesty. This is just about being honest about what matters to us as shooters. Cory can go have an affair, and I couldn't care less. But the moment he lies about where he got his knowledge from, he's off my list.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Seems like you're projecting your sense of ethos onto others. It's okay. You're human too. That's forgivable. People do that and get their panties twisted all up almost as often as people lie about their status.

Look Freud I wasn't "projecting " jack **** and it isn't "my sense of ethos " . I was talking to a specific person ( that's why I quoted him ) about a shared ethos .

What makes it shared ? Military service , something you apparently know nothing about .

Duty , honor , country , candor , courage and commitment , these things are a lot more than just words .

You either get that or you don't , It's OK , you're human also .

Wannabe psychologists incorrectly analyze a situation and get their panties all twisted up more often than people lie about their status .

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I'm just going to leave this here...

ArmyValues.jpg

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    [video=youtube;-27i0-dUIjg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-27i0-dUIjg[/video]

I'm really not sure that having the Yeager backing you up would be helpful.
    Let's face it. His whole training motto is "Getting Off The X" and running to the nearest foxhole. :dunno:

Anyone on the fence about Cory is now going to doubt him since the "Tactical Coward" is on board.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    This thread is such a sausage fest, it should be mandatory to have a picture of Erika every third or forth post. Does any really care about the dude, the answer is no. And lets be honest 99.5% of the INGO community was never actually going to train with him anyway. Of the .5% that was thinking about it, .3% of them were only doing to see Erika's "assets". Which in reality only leave .2% that actually even considered wanting to train with him for his training. Of that .2% at least 1% was going to get distracted by Erika's "assets". Which leaves only .1% of the ingo population that was going to train with the guy seriously.

This thread doesn't have enough picture's of Erika to warrant being this many pages long, unless it starts to have pictures of Erica every third or forth post.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This thread is such a sausage fest, it should be mandatory to have a picture of Erika every third or forth post. Does any really care about the dude, the answer is no. And lets be honest 99.5% of the INGO community was never actually going to train with him anyway. Of the .5% that was thinking about it, .3% of them were only doing to see Erika's "assets". Which in reality only leave .2% that actually even considered wanting to train with him for his training. Of that .2% at least 1% was going to get distracted by Erika's "assets". Which leaves only .1% of the ingo population that was going to train with the guy seriously.

This thread doesn't have enough picture's of Erika to warrant being this many pages long, unless it starts to have pictures of Erica every third or forth post.

I can't argue with your math, sir. Nor your logic.

As you were!

Top Bottom