Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Vis a vis the Holiday Inn on Lane Ave, it closed in 2009 and was converted/remodeled to be the Riverwatch Condominium Complex

Seriously? I had my wedding reception there.

EDIT: Obviously I don't ever go to campus. Hot Chicken Takeover on High is about as far South as I go.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    0 to 1 million cases: 98 days
    1 to 2 million cases: 43 days
    2 to 3 million cases: 28 days

In addition to the observation about the sharp increase in testing: these data, outside of the context of hospitalizations and deaths, are basically meaningless.

Also: exactly how many of those 2 - 3 million cases represent multiple positive tests for the same person? If that question cannot be answered, then the data, again, are meaningless.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Deaths are currently doubling every ~67 days... and really, every day adds another day to that. In other words, deaths aren't doubling any time soon.

And the mortality rate is getting smaller all the time. We always knew the ~5 or 6% was inflated because we didn't know the real number of cases. Now that we're getting a better idea of that, a smaller percentage of those cases are dying.

To put GPIasuhgfusnodusingtdr's numbers into perspective, the (reported) mortality rate at those same benchmarks:
    @1M cases, ~2.5%
    @2M cases, ~5.6%
    @3M cases, ~4.3%

We were more quickly able to capture nearly all the COVID-related deaths than we were able to identify the majority of "new" cases. My sense is that we are now better able to find/trace new cases and provide appropriate treatment.

In most places.

ETA:
    Saw chip's intervening post, and only disagree on the "meaningless" part. :) This information isn't "meaningless" but it has limited utility - and is subject to spin.

Frankly, I think it is A Good Thing that we were able to get that many people diagnosed. That's far better than having people unknowingly spreading it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Deaths are currently doubling every ~67 days... and really, every day adds another day to that. In other words, deaths aren't doubling any time soon.

And the mortality rate is getting smaller all the time. We always knew the ~5 or 6% was inflated because we didn't know the real number of cases. Now that we're getting a better idea of that, a smaller percentage of those cases are dying.

To put GPIasuhgfusnodusingtdr's numbers into perspective, the (reported) mortality rate at those same benchmarks:
    @1M cases, ~2.5%
    @2M cases, ~5.6%
    @3M cases, ~4.3%

We were more quickly able to capture nearly all the COVID-related deaths than we were able to identify the majority of "new" cases. My sense is that we are now better able to find/trace new cases and provide appropriate treatment.

In most places.

ETA:
    Saw chip's intervening post, and only disagree on the "meaningless" part. :) This information isn't "meaningless" but it has limited utility - and is subject to spin.

Frankly, I think it is A Good Thing that we were able to get that many people diagnosed. That's far better than having people unknowingly spreading it.

I will amend my assertion to meaningless for all practical purposes.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Does anyone here know how hard it was to try and get a tear in March? I do. The only way you were getting tested is if you were being admitted to the hospital in severe condition with extreme conditions. Period. I needed to get tested for work because I had a fever and was sent home. No one was testing. Maybe other states were different.
    so seeing a huge spike in cases once testing became lore common place is to be expected. To continue watching the deaths decline is a good sign that this is nothing like what we were being sold. And the increase in hospitalizations well no ****. Just like the tests you weren’t getting into a hospital unless you were dying.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Was just chatting with someone today.

His work required him to get corona testing performed. He skipped his appointment yet still received a letter in the mail with test results saying he was positive.

This is the 3rd time I've head of this happening now.

Can we please stop feeding into this hoax?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

His work required him to get corona testing performed. He skipped his appointment yet still received a letter in the mail with test results saying he was positive.

I’m seeing a number of anecdotes similar to this. It makes me wonder how many of them are true.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I’m seeing a number of anecdotes similar to this. It makes me wonder how many of them are true.

Young (early 30's) friends of my daughter went down sick and they put her in the hospital and he stayed at home. They were sick as all get out for about a week plus and she is a pretty plump young lady with some issues so it was rough. Both tested positive.

Recently they both had some blood work done and the antibody's specific to this were not there. They assume it was Influenza "A" now.
    There are to many variables. No clear science and not enough time to actually get some clear answers.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

More cvirus cases = more $$$
    Always follow the money

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom