jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Was just chatting with someone today.

His work required him to get corona testing performed. He skipped his appointment yet still received a letter in the mail with test results saying he was positive.

This is the 3rd time I've head of this happening now.

Can we please stop feeding into this hoax?
    Can you articulate just what the hoax is? What parts are true. What parts are a hoax?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Can you articulate just what the hoax is? What parts are true. What parts are a hoax?

That this is anything more than a more infectious seasonal flu. It's just being exploited for political purposes since it's new and has scared people.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Young (early 30's) friends of my daughter went down sick and they put her in the hospital and he stayed at home. They were sick as all get out for about a week plus and she is a pretty plump young lady with some issues so it was rough. Both tested positive.

Recently they both had some blood work done and the antibody's specific to this were not there. They assume it was Influenza "A" now.
    There are to many variables. No clear science and not enough time to actually get some clear answers.
    Was this recent? If so it’s a weird time if year to get Influenza A. And why wouldn’t they test for that too?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

I'm having trouble understanding the following two quotes from that article. Can someone explain to me how these are not conflicting?

In this population, having Type A blood was associated with a 45% increased risk of having severe COVID-19. On the other hand, having Type O blood was associated with a 35% reduced risk of the disease. Those relationships held up whether the Italian and Spanish patients were analyzed separately or together.

The study design did not allow researchers to make any determination about whether blood type was associated with the risk of coronavirus infection, or, if infected, the risk of becoming severely ill.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Churches, Which Account for 0.02% of COVID-19 Cases, Are a 'Major Source' of Infection, The New York Times Says

Churches Were Eager to Reopen," says the headline over a story in today's New York Times. "Now They Are a Major Source of Coronavirus Infections."

The not-so-subtle subtext: Reopening churches was reckless, because they are more likely than other venues to be the sites of superspreading events, regardless of the precautions they take. But the evidence presented by the Times does not support that thesis.

"More than 650 coronavirus cases have been linked to nearly 40 churches and religious events across the United States since the beginning of the pandemic," the Times says, "with many of them erupting over the last month as Americans resumed their pre-pandemic activities."

The number of confirmed COVID-19 infections in the United States is now 3.1 million, meaning the church-related cases identified by the Times account for 0.02 percent of the total. On the face of it, that does not seem like "a major source of coronavirus infections." And there are something like 385,000 churches in the U.S., so the ones tied to COVID-19 infections represent around 0.01 percent of Christian congregations.

Also note that the Times is talking about church-related infections "since the beginning of the pandemic," so its tally of 650 does not even tell us what has happened since services resumed after lockdowns were lifted, which is ostensibly the story's focus. The article says "many" of those infections happened during the last month, but it never says how many.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I won't say where, but there are churches that will have sections for those who refuse to wear a mask. Some are saying since it is not a law, they will not follow it. Some churches will have areas sectioned off just for them.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I'm having trouble understanding the following two quotes from that article. Can someone explain to me how these are not conflicting?

Yes, they are absolutely conflicting. I can never surmise whether these boners are the result of writers unable to decipher their own notes and reconstitute an article from them, or who just have little experience digesting and evaluating technical information.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    My wife got scheduled for a colonoscopy in about a month. She was told she has to get a covid test before she has it. WTF?

Seems like the Kung Flu test is not nearly as invasive as a colonoscopy (just in a different area)...not that I'm saying it's right but do we have to do a bout of goLytlely before a Kung Flu test?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom